Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Passing of Jacqueline Gouguenheim-Desloy (jgd)
Passing of Jacqueline Gouguenheim-Desloy (jgd)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject:

Philip's post reminds me that I still haven't said anything about Jacqueline's passing.

I was also very sad to hear that she had left us. I miss her, but at least I know she is no longer in pain now.

I can't seem to find something to say that hasn't already been said, so I would just like to thank Jacqueline for everything she did to help all of us.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject:

I (and a few others from here) received the following message from Jacqueline's husband, which I am posting here with his permission:

Quote:
I've just read the homage of the NeoOffice community to my wife, Jacqueline, and I'm deeply touched by your kind words.
Some words in french for Lorinda (and Ed): j'ai lu, les larmes aux yeux, ces phrases qui traduisent votre amitié à tous pour Jacqueline.
She loved you too.
Thank you so much.
Best regards

Roland Gouguenheim
roombat
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Wikiped "Jacqueline Gouguenheim-Desloy"

I am brand new on this Forum (just donated USD5 and downloading NeoOffice... 16Mb in progress).

I don't know anyone here but read and sense that Jacqueline is a pillar at NeoOffice.

Would it be good if Jacqueline has an entry in Wikipedia? There are many people who makes no difference to our World but chalked up much space in Wikipedia.

I think Jacqueline deserves mention and newbies like me can benefit from knowing and lest we forget the contribution and effort of those in the making of NeoOffice.

Thank you Wink
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wikiped "Jacqueline Gouguenheim-Desloy"

roombat wrote:
Would it be good if Jacqueline has an entry in Wikipedia? There are many people who makes no difference to our World but chalked up much space in Wikipedia.

No. She doesn't match Wikiedia's criteria for notability (so her page would likely be deleted soner or later) and more imortantly, I think it's better that she is remembered by the peple who knew her (either directly or through the web) rather than bein exposed to the world on Wikiedia. I doubt much good would come out of it.

Just my opinion though.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject:

Not just yours, I agree wholeheartedly.

-Oscar

K-9
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject:

Yes, I agree with Samwise and ovvidc.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject:

I received a message from Jacqueline's husband today. Basically, he would also prefer that no article be created on Wikipedia for her.

He mentioned that Jacqueline was a very discreet person, and that she would probably have agreed with us about not creating an article on Wikipedia.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2