· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 1.1 alpha is getting very close
NeoOffice/J 1.1 alpha is getting very close

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice/J 1.1 alpha is getting very close

Hey everyone,

Many of you have been patiently waiting for me to upgrade NeoOffice/J to the OpenOffice.org 1.1 codebase.

Well I have good news: I have text layout working (including RTL and vertical text!) and I just finished implementing "Save as PDF".

Now I just have one more thing to implement before I put out an alpha release for everyone to test: automatic font replacement for undisplayable characters.

This last item should not take too much time so keep checking http://trinity.neooffice.org/ in early September.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice/J 1.1 alpha is getting very close

pluby wrote:
Well I have good news: I have text layout working (including RTL and vertical text!) and I just finished implementing "Save as PDF".

Cool! Very Happy Thanks for the update, Patrick! I'm looking forward to testing/using it (in fact just last week was talking with another Arabic-using Mac user who was lamenting the lack of an "well-OS-X-integrtated" application capable of creating complex documents employing Arabic; showed him NeoJ and the Arabic support in OOo112 and said "it's coming....").

And as always, thanks for all of your hard work!

Smokey
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Too cool!

Patrick,
You were so cautious about this move to 1.1 that I was not expecting it so quickly.
You must be a code killer.
I don't know if this is the case, but I really hope you have had some financial support to do the job, as a couple of posters proposed.

Well, I suddenly feel guilty, thinking of the work of Ed and Dan. Yes OOo/X11 was great. Now we are in the Neo/J era, still hoping to see the native Cocoa NeoOffice, someday.

Max
amake
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject:

Thanks for all your hard work! I'm looking forward to 1.1.

Can you comment at this point about what the memory footprint will look like as compared to the current release? What about startup time? Binary size? These are my main gripes with Neo/J so far.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject:

amake wrote:
Can you comment at this point about what the memory footprint will look like as compared to the current release? What about startup time? Binary size? These are my main gripes with Neo/J so far.

Memory footprint is reduced by the amount OOo 1.1.2 was reduced. But Neo/J 1.1 will still carry the addition fixed memory requirement that Java requires.

Startup time and binary size, like OOo 1.1.2, are significantly reduced. In fact, on both are roughly the same in Neo/J 1.1 as in OOo 1.1.2.

Patrick
amake
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject:

I haven't used OO.o 1.1.2, so could someone ballpark that for me?
shooby
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Error while building 1.1 alpha code

Has anybody got a solution, FAQ, or have I dig into deep?

ld: Undefined symbols:
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
_STL::_Swap_lock_struct<0>::_S_swap_lock
dmake: Error code 1, while making '../unxmacxp.pro/lib/libreg.dylib.3.1.0'
mtm
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Same error in 1.1 beta

Same issue with the 1.1 beta code.

/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
ld: Undefined symbols:
_STL::_Swap_lock_struct<0>::_S_swap_lock
dmake: Error code 1, while making '../unxmacxp.pro/lib/libreg.dylib.3.1.0'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

I'm using gcc 3.3 and 10.3.7. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject:

I may be wrong, but I heard that installation of the latest XCode developer tools causes this. I can't remember exactly where I saw the posting, but if you search for your error in the dev@porting.openoffice.org mail list at http://porting.openoffice.org/servlets/SearchList?listName=dev you might find some workaround.

If you find a patch for this, can you send me a "cvs diff -u" on the applicable OOo module so that I can add it to the build?

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject:

FWIW, this is the gcc version I'm using to compile:

Code:

[kali:Contents/MacOS/classes] peterlin% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1660)

I haven't tried any newer versions personally, but historically changing compiler versions has frequently caused build problems for OOo.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject:

IIRC from dev@porting earlier in the fall, the Erics are using XCode 1.5 successfully (I believe the problems they initially attributed to XCode 1.5 were really found to be caused by other things).

But while the Sun-supported platforms are now using gcc 3.4, there are problems (don't know whose) keeping many of the ports, including Mac OS X, on gcc 3.3.

As Patrick mentioned, searching the dev@porting list for your error is probably the fastest way to the solution.

Smokey
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
IIRC from dev@porting earlier in the fall, the Erics are using XCode 1.5 successfully (I believe the problems they initially attributed to XCode 1.5 were really found to be caused by other things).

Yes, but they are using incrementally updated XCode, so install the original, then 1.2, then 1.5 and all of the SDKs as well. I recall several complaining posts from people not being able to compile with a fresh Xcode 1.5.

BTW, how are the VT update and announcement to dev@porting coming? If you are going to include a future plans section, make sure to emphasize that the Erics&co are doing really important work Wink.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Yes, but they are using incrementally updated XCode, so install the original, then 1.2, then 1.5 and all of the SDKs as well. I recall several complaining posts from people not being able to compile with a fresh Xcode 1.5.

That may be. I guess IDRC Smile

ovvldc wrote:
BTW, how are the VT update and announcement to dev@porting coming? If you are going to include a future plans section, make sure to emphasize that the Erics&co are doing really important work Wink.

I'm not going to touch dev@porting Very Happy I'm doing dev@wp, where a bunch of Mac users have been waiting for over a year for a solid solution to their WP conversion needs Sad

I submitted updates to both VT and MU (see post in the Beta announcement thread) and then began the process of setting up NeoOffice.org accounts there and claiming ownership of Neo/J so the community will be able to do official updates and not wait until VT and MU editors see the new version and then bother to post submitted changes Smile

Smokey
mtm
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Patch cures what ails me...

Well, found a patch that got me past the error. System is happily building away (ETC (estimated time of completion): sometime late tonight).

Patch is at: http://www.bytebot.net/rrjcode/ooo113fix2/regimpl.cxx.patch

Thanks for the help. We'll see how the rest of the build goes.

BTW, my gcc version:

Code:

darkstar:~ mtm$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

-mike
jjmckenzie51
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Patch cures what ails me...

mtm wrote:
Well, found a patch that got me past the error. System is happily building away (ETC (estimated time of completion): sometime late tonight).

Patch is at: http://www.bytebot.net/rrjcode/ooo113fix2/regimpl.cxx.patch

Thanks for the help. We'll see how the rest of the build goes.

BTW, my gcc version:

-mike

BTW, this error still exists in OOo 1.1.4 source. I had to look for this error, at length at dev@porting.openoffice.org and found the answer here.....

Don't know but this seems like some terrible form of regression.

And I printed out the Xinerama fix too.

And this is related to the libdl.dynlib.3.1.0 error that I posted elsewhere.

James
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2