Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OPEN OFFICE 4/20 - WORD 13/20 - NEO OFFICE 16/20
OPEN OFFICE 4/20 - WORD 13/20 - NEO OFFICE 16/20

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaad
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: OPEN OFFICE 4/20 - WORD 13/20 - NEO OFFICE 16/20

[color=darkred][/color][b][u]COMPARAISON[/u][/b]

OPEN OFFICEâ„¢ 2.3.1
SUR
MAC PPC TIGER
MAC INTEL TIGER
MAC INTEL LEOPARD

WORDâ„¢ 2008
SUR
MAC INTEL TIGER
MAC INTEL LEOPARD

NEO OFFICEâ„¢ 2.2.5
SUR
MAC INTEL LEOPARD

je serai gentil je ne parlerai ni de ma déception sur open office ni de ma rage contre ce logiciel lamentable et désespérant impossible à contrôler dans les impressions (exemple faut laisser 3 lignes vides au début car sinon elles vont coller le bord de la feuille mais on ne les récupère pas en bas => présentation mal foutue déséquilibrée ... autant travailler sur un pc alors ! bref) et qui assure très mal la compatibilité attendue et promise avec Word

Word on connait mais 1- c cher 2- moi j'aime pas : j'aime pas les majuscules imposées en début de phrase les tirets dans les énum faut retire le dernier etc etc 3 - mais faut trouver çà bien si c votre cas ok je ne dis rien vous avez raison et en plus ... évidemment, attention c marrant, vous avez une compatibilité Word assurée ... comme c Word lol aaaaaahhhhhh :)

Neo Office alors là c la divine surprise enfin des gens de talent avec un résultat impressionnant : c simple c le contraire des 2 autres

pour des raisons d'image de marque j'ai besoin de documents certes sobres mais élégants => solution Neo => cool souple agréable parfait et pas cette angoisse ... cte connard d'open il va s'ouvrir ? X11 oui ! open ? attendez attendez inclinez-vous prosternez-vous devant les intellos super frime d'en face et patientez ... si vous êtes musulman comme moi vous avez le temps de faire les 4 rack'a de 'Icha 2 fois mm si vs le voulez lol puis bah non open s'ouvrira pas aujourd'hui ! bah non. J'avais dit ne plus parler de cette merde bah ct plus fort que moi, dsl :)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject:

From my limited French, this seems to be a bit of a complaint that NeoOffice is slower than X11. No surprise there. X11 is fast but has limited copy and paste, drag and drop, text layout, printing, etc. features. In contrast, NeoOffice is slower but is a completely native Mac OS X.

However, I get a sense that there is actually a support question buried in the post. Can any volunteers who speak French tell me if there is a support question and, if so, what it is?

Patrick
Shaad
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: no Patrick no sorry !

l think my sentence was not clear enough
open is slow and bad
neo is quick and good
;-) ok ?

≈ Shahid Shaad MOHSIN - Paris ≈
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: no Patrick no sorry !

Shaad wrote:
l think my sentence was not clear enough
open is slow and bad
neo is quick and good
Wink ok ?

That is good news. Smile

I was worried that "attendez attendez" meant "NeoOffice attendez attendez".

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: OPEN OFFICE 4/20 - WORD 13/20 - NEO OFFICE 16/20

Here's a summary of Shaad's post:

-He strongly dislikes OpenOffice.org. He experienced stability and printing issues, and has found the compatibility with Word to be lacking.

-He finds Word expensive, and doesn't like some of the automatic formatting (capitalization, list formatting, etc.) But it does provide complete compatibility with word.

-NeoOffice is a

Quote:
divine surprise; finally people with talent with a impressive result.

As Shaad indicated, the "attendez attendez...." refers to waiting for X11 and OpenOffice.org

Lorinda
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject:

Ah OK, things make more sense now...my French really has deteriorated and I had a difficult time personally with understanding the abbreviations. Reminded me that second and third language skills really need to be maintained and kept up to date to be useful Smile

If X11 is an issue, you may want to look at OpenOffice.org 3.0. Release Candidate (RC2) releases are available which do not require X11. I'd give that a chance before personally choosing which one is best.

The OpenOfifice.org engineers have been working on direct Macintosh support for OpenOffice.org. I think they have made a great offering for the forthcoming release. I think it's no longer fair to detract from OOO precisely because they depend on X11. After all, I was one of the people that drove the decision to use X11 in the first place, so I myself am partially to blame.

That said, I personally think the engineering approach Patrick has found combined with our ability to incorporate enhancements from multiple projects and our focus specifically on the Mac will continue to make Neo a viable Mac-friendly solution.

I apologize for my bad command of French and replying in English. Recently I have unfortunately been reminded of the importance to be able to speak across language boundaries. The time we are granted during our lives is really something precious, and language boundaries should be the least of our concerns when trying to exchange profound ideas and our joy of existence. Lorinda: thank you for helping all of us understand each other; it's invaluable and I greatly appreciate it!

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1