The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject:

aerosolkid wrote:
Maybe now?

Code:
Last login: Tue Sep  9 22:43:50 on ttyp3
Welcome to Darwin!
e182066050:~ Tobias$ ls -l /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  1097268 Aug 12 17:42 /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python
e182066050:~ Tobias$

That file looks OK. So I wonder if your custom Python 2.3 installation in /Library/Frameworks is part of the problem.

Can you move your /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework to your Desktop and restart NeoOffice? Your /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework does not exist in a standard Mac OS X installation so I assume that you installed a conflicting version of Python on your machine.

Patrick
aerosolkid
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

Can you move your /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework to your Desktop and restart NeoOffice? Your /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework does not exist in a standard Mac OS X installation so I assume that you installed a conflicting version of Python on your machine.

Moving /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework didn't help.

And yes, I did try to install a different version of Python (as part of my amateurish attempts to fix it on my own), but the install couldn't be completed. I could understand if this gets slowly too specific for you, now.

Tobias
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject:

aerosolkid wrote:
And yes, I did try to install a different version of Python (as part of my amateurish attempts to fix it on my own), but the install couldn't be completed. I could understand if this gets slowly too specific for you, now.

From the error messages, it seems that some of Apple's Python files are corrupted or missing. At this point, I would recommend trying to get a clean copy of Apple's /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework folder installed.

If you have another Mac OS X 10.4.11 machine of the same machine type (Intel or PowerPC), you could try moving your /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework folder and then dragging a copy of the same folder from another machine and rebooting.

If that does not help, you can always revert back by trashing the newly copied /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework folder and moving your original folder back to /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework.

Edit: Some people have found success using a free software tool called Pacifist to restore selected system files from the Mac OS X installation CD. However, I have never used it so I can't provide any feedback on whether it is good or not. If you do think using Pacifist is worth a try, you can find it here.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Just to say: in my experience Pacifist is very useful - however it's not free, it's a shareware app and it costs $20 to register it.

- padmavyuha
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Just to say: in my experience Pacifist is very useful - however it's not free, it's a shareware app and it costs $20 to register it.

I assumed that you can use it without registering on a trial basis. Is my assumption no longer true?

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject:

The developer's site says: "Pacifist is shareware and costs $20. The software can be used for as long a trial period as you find necessary to evaluate it, but you will be presented with a “nag screen” at startup until you register."

So yes, you can use it for free, but it's not freeware, that's the only point I was making - we all know these distinctions are important to developers and users alike Smile.

- padmavyuha
aerosolkid
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Problem solved

Thanks for all your help (esp. Patrick).
I just remembered that i have a system backup on a firewire drive. So i tried and replaced the python.framework folder on system/library/frameworks with the backupped one. And suddenly, everything worked out fine.

Thanks again,

Tobias
Kiwisteve
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Zotero and neooffice

Just a quickie..

I was checking out biblio issues in Neo.. Don't like the built one . Just does weird things and the formatting (and formatting tool) is dreadful so wondered what else to use.
I was reading the thread and notice that Zotero seemed to be capable of being used.

So downloaded the extension and installed it via the extensions manager and boom it worked first time and fantastic.. sooooo much better than the built in biblio software.

So thanks for the heads up..
Luckily I had no issues like the above

Steve
ps.. I notice that the NeoWiki does not mention Zotero? Dunno why.

environment: IMac 2.8Ghz.. 4 GB Ram 1.3 TB Hard drive (internal/external)Mac OsX 10.5.5, NeoOffice 2.2.5 patch 1
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Zotero and neooffice

Kiwisteve wrote:

ps.. I notice that the NeoWiki does not mention Zotero? Dunno why.

Thank you for asking this question!!!

It is probably because the wiki elves missed the the recent discussion of about zotero. I remember reading it, but it didn't occur to me to add it to the wiki. Embarassed I think I saw "Firefox extension" but missed the part about "integrated with NeoOffice," and thus didn't think it applied.

I have now added it to the list of Alternatives on the Using Citation and Bibilographic Software page.

Lorinda
one of the wiki elves
Kiwisteve
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Zotero and neooffice

Excellent.

I have been playing with it and it works really well. I even retro fitted citations etc into an assignment I was just finishing and it was quick and easy.. Brilliant.... Razz

Seems simple to obtain the reference material from Libraries etc.. I can log onto my local university library catalogue or the databases they have access to (via the web) and when I find a reference I m interested in I can simply click a button in Firefox and all the reference info from the site is loaded into the Zotero Biblio database.

Then when in a document the extension adds a tool bar that makes adding an in-line reference a piece of cake and also making the Biblo table for the back of my essay etc. really simple.

Also allows one to save PDF files, images etc within the database itself which is also a cool.

And Zotero is OpenSource so we are supporting the OpenSource member in using it too..

Sure it is not perfect and needs a little more work but it is still well on the way.

Idea What they do need is a way of creating your own styles etc that is easier than writing code.. But I am sure that will come. Would be nice if you could import say Endnote styles etc..

It is definitely better and easier to use than Neo's inbuilt system

Just my opinion of course....

Steve

Razz
corto_lu
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: zotero problem

when I use Zotero (1.5 - sync3.3), which is a Firefox applications, Neo Office 2.5.5 crashes. i'm working on Mac 10.4.11
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: zotero problem

corto_lu wrote:
when I use Zotero (1.5 - sync3.3), which is a Firefox applications, Neo Office 2.5.5 crashes. i'm working on Mac 10.4.11

Which NeoOffice 2.2.5 patch have you installed? If you select the Help :: About NeoOffice menu in NeoOffice, does the version say NeoOffice 2.2.5 Patch 4? If not, does installing Patch 4 from the NeoOffice patch download page stop the crashing?

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: zotero problem

corto_lu wrote:

One more thing: I went to the following Zotero URL and they say that NeoOffice users should be using version 2.0a2 of the Zotero OpenOffice.org plugin:

http://www.zotero.org/support/sync_preview

Does NeoOffice crash after you uninstall Zotero 1.5 and install 2.0a2?

Patrick
corto_lu
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject:

i installed the latest patch 2.2.5. patch 4 and i had already installed the recommanded version of zotero but it still crashes
i am able to install the zotero button, i push on this button, it than links me to my library, i choose my reference and at the moment i click on the button to introduce the reference into my text neo office does crash
corto_lu
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject:

the file seems corrupted. i had already some zotero references in the document. i then copied my text without these references in a new file where i then introduced new references and this does work?!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3