Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Menu's keep popping up!!!
Menu's keep popping up!!!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacAodh
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Menu's keep popping up!!!

How We all,
This might be a bug or a feature that i don't know how to stop but it's driving me nuts!!! The only menu bar i want is the standard formating one but every time i use bullet points (which is pretty much always) the bullet point menu pops up, right in the middle of the page! Plus, as i said, i only want one menu at the top, the other one (one with copy, paste, new, save etc.) is closed, It pop's up every now and then just to say hi. I'll close it and two minutes later it'll be back. It's really frustrating...

Thanks a million
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject:

It's part of OpenOffice.org's attempt to be "helpful". (NeoOffice is a Mac port of the OpenOffice.org code). It is a common complaint over in the openofficeforums. The solution suggested there is to go to the View Menu and turn off the toolbar when it shows up. In theory, Neo will then know not to show that toolbar the next time enter the "context" that usually calls up the toolbar. From the discussion there, I take it that doesn't always work.

Lorinda
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject:

Here's the discussion I was thinking of..

One of the posts includes a link to this very helpful page on toolbars.

Lorinda
MacAodh
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject:

no, tried that. I was about to say that I've never had the problem with the windows one but then again... it's a long time since i've used open office it's self (ie. on windows...) a well, thanks anyway. I'll have a look at the link anyways and see what i can do
stevemc
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Problem solved for me

I was able to get the context sensitive toolbars to stop appearing when I did the suggestion in the thread linked above:

Quote:
When an undesired toolbar pops up don't click its X but do View > Toolbars and uncheck it.

For me this worked in the current document as well as future documents. I'm using latest version of NeoOffice (patch 4) and Mac os x[/quote]
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1