· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 2.2.5 translation request
NeoOffice 2.2.5 translation request

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice 2.2.5 translation request

Since the NeoOffice 2.2.5 release date is only a few days away, I final finished updating the "news banner" and the main page on our test website.

If anyone has time, can you translate the following 2 sections? If you mark the links that are in my text with underlines in your translation, that would be a great help:

Secton 1: News banner:

This release adds several new features including:
- Slideshow presentations now run up to two times faster than OpenOffice.org 3.0
- Web layout view no longer loses cursor position when saving
- Custom folders can be added in the Media Browser
- Slideshow presentations can be run using a remote control

Section 2: Main page text (new paragraphs between existing first and second paragraphs):

NeoOffice is one of the most stable office suites for Mac OS X. We have created an office suite that is adapted to the unique needs of Mac users by taking the features in Sun Microsystems' OpenOffice.org office suite and adding improvements such as:

* Fast, free, and friendly support for all users
* Extremely stable Mac OS X code that has been in daily use by hundreds of thousands of NeoOffice users since 2003
* Significant speed improvements to the OpenOffice.org code
* Dozens of features requested by our users designed specifically for the Mac

Thanks for all your help.

Edit: added "stability" bullet point in section 2 text

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 2.2.5 translation request

First of all, there is a pretty ugly error in your web banner right now:

Quote:
Werk uw NeoOffice door de nieuwste RetroOffice patch op te halen

This should be:

Quote:
Werk uw NeoOffice bij door de nieuwste NeoOffice patch op te halen

OK, the rest:

pluby wrote:
This release adds several new features including:
- Slideshow presentations now run up to two times faster than OpenOffice.org 3.0
- Web layout view no longer loses cursor position when saving
- Custom folders can be added in the Media Browser
- Slideshow presentations can be run using a remote control

Quote:
Deze versie voegt een paar nieuwe mogelijkheden toe, waaronder:
- Diapresentaties gaan nu tot twee maal zo snel als in OpenOffice 3.0
- De positie van uw cursor wordt niet meer vergeten in Web layout
- U kunt uw eigen mappen toevoegen aan de Media Browser
- U kunt diapresentaties besturen met een afstandsbediening

pluby wrote:
NeoOffice is one of the most stable office suites for Mac OS X. We have created an office suite that is adapted to the unique needs of Mac users by taking the features in Sun Microsystems' OpenOffice.org office suite and adding improvements such as:

* Fast, free, and friendly support for all users
* Significant speed improvements to the OpenOffice.org code
* Dozens of features requested by our users designed specifically for the Mac

Quote:
NeoOffice is een van de meeste stabiele sets van kantoorprogramma's voor Mac OS X. We hebben een set kantoorprogramma's gemaakt die speciaal is aangepast aan de bijzondere behoeften van Mac OS X gebruikers door de mogelijkheden te nemen van OpenOffice.org van Sun Microsystems en daar verschillende verbeteringen aan toe te voegen, waaronder:

* Snelle, goedkope en vriendelijke ondersteuning voor gebruikers
* Aanzienlijke snelheidsverbeteringen aan de OpenOffice.org programmacode
* Tientallen mogelijkheden die door onze gebruikers zijn aangevraagd en die specifiek voor de Mac zijn

I hope this works. I also noticed the translations on the Neo features page are out of date, but I do not have time to work on these right now, as I am at a conference in Bordeaux..

(Which reminds me, is there anyone on this forum living in Bordeaux, France?)

best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject:

Oscar,

Thanks for spotting my copy/paste error. I have corrected that on the main website. I have also merged your translations into the 2.2.5 web pages.

You are right about the features.php page being out of date. I am in the process of changing it to a "what's in NeoOffice 2.2.5 that is not in OpenOffice.org 3.0" page so I have removed several features from the list.

When I get that done, I'll post any new or existing paragraphs that need translation and whenever anyone has time to translate, even if it is after release, that would be very much appreciated.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I added one more bullet point in the section 2 text after the "support" point:

"Extremely stable Mac OS X code that has been in daily use by hundreds of thousands of NeoOffice users since 2003"

I also added this in my original post in this forum so that post is complete.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
"Extremely stable Mac OS X code that has been in daily use by hundreds of thousands of NeoOffice users since 2003"

Quote:
"Ontzettend stabiele Mac OS X programmacode die sinds 2003 dagelijks wordt gebruikt door honderdduizenden NeoOffice gebruikers."
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject:

French, first draft:

Quote:
Cette version inclut plusieurs nouvelles fonctionnalités, dont :
- Les diaporamas fonctionnent maintenant jusqu'à deux fois plus rapidement qu'avec OpenOffice.org 3.0
- La Mise en page Web ne cause plus la perte de la position du curseur lors de l'enregistrement

This section is OK. Now, the Media Browser line:

Quote:
- Possibilité d'ajouter des dossiers personnalisés au navigateur multimédia
or
- Possibilité de personnaliser la liste des dossiers du navigateur multimédia

I still hesitate between the two. The first one is closer to Custom folders can be added in the Media Browser , whereas the second one is closer to the Wiki text Folders in the Media Browser can be customized. To other French speakers: which one do you think is easiest to understand?

And the final line:

Quote:
- Prise en charge du contrôle des présentations via une télécommande

which is OK as well.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice 2.2.5 translation request

Quote:
NeoOffice est l'une des suites bureautiques les plus stables pour Mac OS X. Nous avons créé une suite bureautique adaptée aux besoins uniques des utilisateurs Mac en prenant les fonctionnalités de la suite OpenOffice.org de Sun Microsystems et en y ajoutant des améliorations comme :

* Support rapide, gratuit et courtois pour tous les utilisateurs

* Code particulièrement stable qui est utilisé de manière quotidienne par des centaines de milliers d'utilisateurs de NeoOffice depuis 2003

* Des améliorations significatives des performances du code d'OpenOffice.org

* Des douzaines de fonctionnalités concues spécialement pour le Mac, demandées par nos utilisateurs

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1