Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - cant create linked queries from .dbf ?
cant create linked queries from .dbf ?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nadhunt
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: cant create linked queries from .dbf ?

Hi
have my dBase .dbf data tables, and want to create linked table queries, doesnt seam possible to add more than one table to a query ? works if I create a new database from scratch in Neo, but not when I use the dBase files.
do I have to change my .dbf files some how ?
Dan
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure the Base supports relationships for dbf files. So you might need to import the data into a "native" Base file.

First, though, I'd suggest you ask over at the OpenOffice.org Community forums, as they'll have more expertise in this regard than I do.

Lorinda
nadhunt
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject:

import the data into a "native" Base file - how do I do this ? is it open in calc copy and paste into base ? is there a way to do this and keep the format, as I tried it and loose (for example) the date format - all data comes across as Text [ VARCHAR ].
tried to change this back in Edit Table, but when change the Field Type it deletes all the data.
nadhunt
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject:

sorry, spent some time looking at - http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/Creating_a_Table_From_a_Spreadsheet - and can now do it, thanks
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject:

No problem. I should have provided you the link.

I'm afraid that I lost track of an important point, however. "Native" Base files (using built-in HSQLDB engine) are not designed for use by more than one person at a time. If you need to be able to allow more than one user at a time, you will need to look at using something like MySQL or PostGreSQL, etc. as a backend. You can still use Base as a front end for folks to access the database.

My apologies for losing track of this one.

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1