Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Spanish translation for NeoOffice Page - www.neooffice.org
Spanish translation for NeoOffice Page - www.neooffice.org

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Ok

Patrick I have seen that in the main page the current patch number is not typed in "NeoOffice 2.2.5 parche agrega soporte para los servicios del Mac OS X y para el Snow Leopard". Did you forget write it? If so, can you specify the patch number? Smile
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject:

It's the same on the English page, too.
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:

Oh really?, If so I think it's the same in all the other languages.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject:

netocp-1 wrote:
Samwise wrote:

Oh really?, If so I think it's the same in all the other languages.

I checked French, too. Today is Thanskgiving so Patrick may have decided to take a break, however (so he may not be able to fix it today).
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
I checked French, too. Today is Thanskgiving so Patrick may have decided to take a break, however (so he may not be able to fix it today)

Well I think you're right, Patrick deserves a break time.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
I checked French, too. Today is Thanskgiving so Patrick may have decided to take a break, however (so he may not be able to fix it today).

I made that change after we found that Patch 3's new Mac OS X Services menus did not work on Leopard and I had to release Patch 4 with a fix. Since the new feature was released in two separate patches, I changed the text to not mention a specific patch number.

BTW, tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the U.S. (today will be filled with last minute food buying and other preparations). Strangely, Thanksgiving in the U.S. is set to the fourth Thursday in November. Having a holiday on a Thursday is a bit strange IMHO because many people have to work on Friday. Sad

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I made that change after we found that Patch 3's new Mac OS X Services menus did not work on Leopard and I had to release Patch 4 with a fix. Since the new feature was released in two separate patches, I changed the text to not mention a specific patch number.

Well, I understand what you say, but would not be a bad idea mention the two patches number in the page. What do you say? Do you think you can include the two patches number in the page?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject:

netocp-1 wrote:
Well, I understand what you say, but would not be a bad idea mention the two patches number in the page. What do you say? Do you think you can include the two patches number in the page?

Is this change really important? The main idea that the website is trying to say is that there are two new features in NeoOffice. The "patch" word is there only to provide a link to the download page for those two new features.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject:

The problem is that while it's OK to remove the patch number in English, it breaks the translation.

"NeoOffice 2.2.5 Patch 4", in French, is just a release number, so "NeoOffice Patch" makes little sense.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
The problem is that while it's OK to remove the patch number in English, it breaks the translation.

"NeoOffice 2.2.5 Patch 4", in French, is just a release number, so "NeoOffice Patch" makes little sense.

OK. I understand. To avoid that problem, I have changed the text from "NeoOffice 2.2.5 patch adds" to "NeoOffice adds..." so that there are no modifiers to the NeoOffice noun. In other words, "NeoOffice" implies "the latest release of NeoOffice". That is probably not good writing style for an article, but is more of a news headline style so hopefully my change will be a reasonably understandable compromise. Also, this change will allow us to leave these new features on the website even if we release Patch 5 in the near future.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject:

It's better, although now there is no obvious link to the latest patch…
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
It's better, although now there is no obvious link to the latest patch…

I highlighted the patch link in the NeoWiki article.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject:

Well, my point was the same samwise's because when I suggested you put the two patches number I was refering that only "NeoOffice parche agrega soporte para los servicios del Mac OS X y para el Snow Leopard " was breaking the translation and the sentence was loosing some sense, but now your idea was better because so the translation isn't broken and is most understandable Surprised
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Hello

Well, Patrick here I post the first translations for the Donation Page, I will post the remaining soon. Please tell me when you read them.

Donativos de NeoOffice

* Why does NeoOffice need donations?
* How can I donate funds?
* ¿Por qué he recibido un e-mail de PayPal?
* What will NeoOffice.org do with my donation?
* How can I volunteer time?
* How can I contribute code?

Why does NeoOffice need donations?

With each new NeoOffice release, the number of NeoOffice downloads and the number of users posting to our support and testing forums keeps increasing. The bandwidth, machines, and webhosting fees that are needed to support our free downloads and forums cost real money. Not only do we spend several thousand dollars each year to keep all of the NeoOffice infrastructure running, but the two creators of NeoOffice work more than 2500 hours of their time each year writing the NeoOffice code.

How can I donate funds?

Usted puede donar dinero a través de Internet utilizando una tarjeta de crédito o una cuenta PayPal. Aunque nosotros usamos el PayPal como nuestro procesador de tarjetas de crédito, tenga en cuenta que una cuenta PayPal no es requerida cuando se usa una tarjeta de crédito. Haga click en el siguiente botón para hacer una donación monetaria:

Important: Be sure to press the Return to NeoOffice.org button to return to our site after you complete your donation.

For large donations (e.g. US$250 or greater) we are able to accept checks or electronic payments. If you would like to make a large donation, please contact us directly at the following e-mail address: donationsupport at neooffice dot org.

While we would like to accept other methods of payment for small donations, we have found that for small donations other payment providers can charge large processing fees (sometimes up to 50%) for each donation. Also, for small donations sent directly to us, we have found that a significant portion of each donation can get used up by a bank fees and administrative tasks. Since our purpose is to use donations to fund NeoOffice development and support, we use PayPal as their low payment processing fees leave most of your donation available for NeoOffice.

You can also donate funds automatically each month using a credit card or a PayPal account. Just select an amount and click on the following button to setup a monthly donation:

Monthly donation amount:

=

Donativos de NeoOffice

•¿Porqué NeoOffice necesita donaciones?
•¿Cómo puedo donar fondos?
•¿Por qué he recibido un e-mail de PayPal?
•¿Que hará NeoOffice.org con mi donación?
•¿Cómo puedo voluntariar mi tiempo?
•¿Cómo puedo contribuir al código?

¿Porqué NeoOffice necesita donaciones?

Con cada nueva versión de NeoOffice, el numero de descargas de NeoOffice y el número de usuarios posteando comentarios en nuestro foro de soporte (support forum) y en nuestro foro de prueba (testing forum) se mantiene en incremento. El ancho de banda, las computadoras y las tasas del alojamiento web que son necesarias para apoyar nuestras descargas gratuitas y nuestros foros cuestan dinero de verdad. No solo gastamos varios de miles de dólares para mantener toda la infraestructura de NeoOffice funcionando, pero los dos creadores de NeoOffice trabajan más de 2500 horas de su tiempo cada año escribiendo el código de NeOffice.

¿Cómo puedo donar fondos?

Usted puede donar dinero a través de Internet utilizando una tarjeta de crédito o una cuenta PayPal. Aunque nosotros usamos el PayPal como nuestro procesador de tarjetas de crédito, tenga en cuenta que una cuenta PayPal no es necesaria cuando se usa una tarjeta de crédito. Haga click en el siguiente botón para hacer una donación monetaria:

Importante: asegúrese de presionar el botón Regresar a NeoOffice.org para regresar a nuestro sitio después de completar su donación.

Para donaciones grandes (US$250 o más) estamos dispuestos a aceptar cheques o pagos electrónicos. Si usted quisiera hacer una donación grande, por favor contáctenos directamente en la siguiente dirección de e-mail: donationsupport at neooffice dot org

Mientras que nos gustaría aceptar otros métodos de pago para donaciones pequeñas, hemos encontrado que para donaciones pequeñas otros proveedores de pago pueden cobrar grandes tasas de procesamiento (algunas veces arriba del 50%) por cada donación. Además, para las pequeñas donaciones enviadas directamente a nosotros, hemos encontrado que una parte significativa de cada donación puede utilizarse para tasas bancarias y tareas administrativas. Mientras que nuestro propósito es usar las donaciones para financiar el desarrollo y el soporte de NeoOffice, usamos PayPal debido a que sus bajas tasas de procesamiento de pago dejan la mayor parte de su donación a disposición de NeoOffice.

También puede donar fondos automáticamente cada mes, utilizando una tarjeta de crédito o una cuenta PayPal. Basta con seleccionar una cantidad y hacer clic en el botón siguiente para configurar una donación mensual:

Cantidad de donación mensual:

Edit by pluby: changed e-mail back to someone at somewhere dot org format to prevent spamming of our e-mail address.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have posted your translations on the website.

One thing that I did not change was that our contact e-mail still has the "at" and "dot" words. We do this because spam bots will harvest e-mail addresses and start sending lots of spam to our e-mail.

Should I replace "at" and "dot" with "por" and "punto"?

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17