Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Spanish translation for NeoOffice Page - www.neooffice.org
Spanish translation for NeoOffice Page - www.neooffice.org

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Hello

Patrick I think you should replace "at" for "arroba" and "dot", as you said, for "punto" Smile
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Hello

Patrick I have a doubt, in the donations page appears the words "Testers" and "Experts", well I have problems translating the first word because it means "probadores" in spanish and I don't think this is a very good meaning in spanish, do you think I should use this meaning? or not? with the second word there's no problem because it meaning is "expertos".
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject:

If you feel that probadores is not a good translation, then feel free to use words that you think are better.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Hello

Hello Patrick, I have translated the remaining words of the donations page. The only word that I haven't translated is "tester" but I will post a translation soon. I also have problems with the "file" word that appears in the "how can I contribute code" section, because what I know is that this word means "archivo" and I see that you have wrote it as a verb. Can you help me with it?. Something else I have some doubts about the meaning of "committers" and "committ" words, I have translated it but I do not known if these translations are right. Tell me when you read it.

Of the button:

Donate to NeoOffice monthly donation amount = Donar una cantidad mensual a NeoOffice

Of the remaining:

What will NeoOffice.org do with my donated funds?

The cost and time spent on NeoOffice are trivial for a large corporation, but they are very large for the two people that operate the NeoOffice project so donations are used to help pay for NeoOffice cash expenses like bandwidth, machines, and webhosting fees that we would have to pay for ourselves.

Since developing and supporting a project as large as NeoOffice requires the two creators of NeoOffice to work more than 2500 hours of their time each year, we use any excess funds to subsidize the work of the NeoOffice developers.

How can I volunteer time?

If you have more time than money and want to help NeoOffice, there are many ways that you can help:

* Become a NeoOffice tester - Since there are only a small number of developers working on NeoOffice, we rely on volunteer testers to identify bugs and test bug fixes. You can become a tester by actively watching the NeoOffice Testing forum, by downloading and running the latest NeoOffice patches, and by filing bugs in Bugzilla when you find bugs.

* Become a NeoOffice expert - NeoOffice has many features and, as a result, many NeoOffice users post questions in the NeoOffice Support forum. You can really help by answering any questions that you are able to answer.

How can I contribute code?

File a bug report in Bugzilla and attach a patch using the "cvs diff -u" format. Be sure to put the actual license and copyright information in the header of each patched file so that we can determine if we can release your patch under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

The existing NeoOffice committers will review your patch and, if we don't find any code, license, or copyright problems, we will commit it to the NeoOffice CVS repository.

=

¿Que hará NeoOffice.org con los fondos que yo done?

El dinero y el tiempo invertidos en NeoOffice son triviales para una gran corporación, pero son muy grandes para las dos personas que operan el proyecto, por eso las donaciones son usadas para ayudar a pagar los gastos que produce NeoOffice tales como ancho de banda, computadoras y alojamiento web, los cuales tendríamos que pagar por nosotros mismos.

Debido a que el desarrollo y el soporte de un proyecto tan grande como NeoOffice requiere que los dos creadores de NeoOffice trabajen más de 2500 horas de su tiempo cada año, usamos cualquier exceso de dinero para subsidiar el trabajo de los dos desarrolladores de NeoOffice.

¿Cómo puedo voluntariar mi tiempo?

Si tienes más tiempo que dinero y quieres ayudar a NeoOffice, hay muchas maneras en las cuales puedes ayudar:

•Conviértete en un tester NeoOffice – Debido a que hay solamente un pequeño número de desarrolladores trabajando en NeoOffice, contamos con testers voluntarios para identificar errores y para probar nuevos parches. Tu te puedes convertir en un tester mirando activamente el Foro de pruebas de NeoOffice, descargando y probando los ultimos parches de NeoOffice, y reportando errores en Bugzilla cuando encuentre errores.

•Conviértete en un experto de NeoOffice - NeoOffice tiene muchas características y, como resultado, muchos usuarios de NeoOffice postean preguntas en nuestro Foro de soporte de NeoOffice. Tu puedes ayudar respondiendo cualquier pregunta de la cual sepas la respuesta.

¿Cómo puedo contribuir al código?

File un reporte de error en Bugzilla y adjunta un parche usando el formato "cvs diff -u".Asegúrate de poner la licencia actual y la información de derechos de autor en la cabecera de cada archivo parcheado para que podamos determinar si se puede liberar tu parche bajo la GNU Licencia Pública General (GPL).

Los comités existentes de NeoOffice revisaremos tu parche y, si no encontramos algún problema de código, de licencia o de derechos de autor, lo enviaremos al repositorio CVS de NeoOffice.

Surprised

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello

netocp-1 wrote:
Hello Patrick, I have translated the remaining words of the donations page. The only word that I haven't translated is "tester" but I will post a translation soon. I also have problems with the "file" word that appears in the "how can I contribute code" section, because what I know is that this word means "archivo" and I see that you have wrote it as a verb. Can you help me with it?. Something else I have some doubts about the meaning of "committers" and "committ" words, I have translated it but I do not known if these translations are right. Tell me when you read it.

I have posted your translations on the website. Since using "file" as a verb is difficult to translated, I changed the English pages to "create a bug" and changed your translation to "crea un reporte de error". Let me know if crear is the wrong verb.

The word "commit" is a software engineering term that means post a code change in a code repository and a "committer" is a person who has been given the ability to "commit" code changes in a particular code repository. I doubt that there are an good Spanish translation for these terms.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Ok

Patrick, then the translations "committers = comité" and "commit = enviaremos" are right? Or should I look for other spanish translations?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok

netocp-1 wrote:
Patrick, then the translations "committers = comité" and "commit = enviaremos" are right? Or should I look for other spanish translations?

I think that your translations are OK.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, the Spanish Wikipedia uses the same term, "commit", to refer to a commit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commit_(data_management)

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commit

Note that both pages link to each other via the "languages" ("en otros idiomas") toolbar on the left.
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
FWIW, the Spanish Wikipedia uses the same term, "commit", to refer to a commit:

Well, for me there's no problem with the "committers" word, because the sentence could say: "Los committers actuales de NeoOffice...", but isn't so with the "commit" word because this is a verb and so, in english, could not be conjugated in spanish.

netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject:

Patrick I was watching the NeoOffice Donations Page in different languages and I was watching how has been translated the committer word and I have concluded that a better spanish translation for this word would be "desarrolladores". With the commit word I think there's no probelm because I have seen that in others languages the translaters have put a word very similar to mine Confused
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject:

netocp-1 wrote:
Patrick I was watching the NeoOffice Donations Page in different languages and I was watching how has been translated the committer word and I have concluded that a better spanish translation for this word would be "desarrolladores". With the commit word I think there's no probelm because I have seen that in others languages the translaters have put a word very similar to mine Confused

OK. I have replaced "comités" with "desarrolladores" on the website.

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Hello

Patrick I think that there are only two things that still aren´t translated in to spanish in the Donations Page: the tester word and the menu that appears just before the "donar una cantidad mensual a NeoOffice" button.
I was thinking that would be better that the tester word do not be translated and that continue so in this page. Than, the sentence "conviertete en un tester NeoOffie" would look so: "Conviértete en un tester de NeoOffice" (I say this because I forgot write the word "de" in this sentence). I guess it is better so.

Now I can see that the menu located just before the "donar una cantidad mensual a NeoOffice" button is not translated. Well, here I post the translation for this menu:

US$ - United States Dollars = US$ - Dólares de Estados Unidos de América
€ - Euro = € - Euro
₤ - United Kindom Pounds Sterling = ₤ - Libras Esterlinas de Reino Unido
CA$ - Canadian Dollars = CA$ - Dólares Canadienses
AU$ - Australian Dollars = AU$ - Dólares Australianos

Tell me when you read this post.

netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Hello

pluby wrote:
I have posted your translations on the website. Since using "file" as a verb is difficult to translated, I changed the English pages to "create a bug" and changed your translation to "crea un reporte de error". Let me know if crear is the wrong verb.

I was searching on many places and I have found that "crear" is not the correct replacement for "file", because I have found that "file" as a verb means "archivar" o "anotar" and "crear" is a verb very different to "archivar".
I think that a better replacement would be "archivar". I don not know what do you say.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have posted your changes to the website. Here is a list of the changes that I made. Please let me know if I have made any errors:

1. Changed "Crea" to "Archiva" on the Donativos page
2. Added "de" between "tester" and "NeoOffice" on the Donativos page
3. Translated the currency names on both the Donativos and Descargas pages

Patrick
netocp-1
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Hello

Yes Patrick, all your changes are ok. Well, I think that I have finished with the Donations Page and I think that now I will proceed with the Build Instructions Page. I will post the translations for this page soon.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17