Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:30 am Post subject: autocorrection does not work with a specific dataset
I just worked on a .doc dataset - say A.doc - and typed in an abbreviation for an autocorrect word. Nothing happened.
So I first thought, maybe its because I started with a .doc from somebody else. So I saved the dataset in NeoOffice-format as A.swx and started again.
The same: my shortcut "ak" for "akzeptanz" doesn't work and so not any other shortcut.
Next, I created a new document and there everything is fine.
So it has to be some attribute of my A.swx but I don't see which one.
When I am working with A.swx I can look up the autocorrection dataset via the "Extras"-menu and there are all the shortcuts for often used words.
The path in NeoOffice properties is fine too. (The autocorrections works with other documents very well).
Where can I look for the missing or wrong attribution (or relation between this dataset and the autocorrection file) of that A.swx dataset? _________________ servus, tschau, bye
I checked it and it was not enabled. I enabled it but it didn't help. I even closed the file and reopened it: no effect (but it is still enabled).
I checked with a new textfile. The word-completion is enabled by default. So I think not being enabled was a heritage from the .doc-file I have started with.
Stimulated by your proposal I looked in the same menu under "Options", where there is a list of options to en/disable for immediate change (E) and change after saving (N). There is an option "Substitution table". It is enabled for both columns (N and E in German). _________________ servus, tschau, bye
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum