Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Why NeoOffice over OpenOffice.org Mac Native?
Why NeoOffice over OpenOffice.org Mac Native?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macdaddy-o
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: NeoOffice Support is the Key

I just upgraded to NO 3.0 and find it to be extremely well done. But, I needed help the other night trying to solve a file format issue I have had for a while. I asked Patrick the question and literally within an hour and numerous messages back and forth clarifying the issue, I had my answer and I was able to dump Excel. I am not trying to overload NO Support with work here. But, from my experience, the support offered on this forum are incredible.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT...IF YOU USE NEOOFFICE...DONATE A REASONABLE AMOUNT TO THE CAUSE. SERIOUSLY, IS $50-$100 TOO MUCH TO PAY TO GET A FULL FEATURED WORD PROCESSING, SPREADSHEET, PRESENTATION,DRAWING, ETC PROGRAM THAT YOU USE EVERYDAY?

I'm just a casual observer. But, I know a good cause when I see one.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Patrick and Fran usually do a great effort at offering support; usually every time that I come in after work to look at it if either they haven't already addressed the issue someone else has. It's pretty evident to me how hard they work, and I know they appreciate the kind words Smile Doing support can be a very negative thing since, well, you generally only hear from people when something isn't working Wink

ed
Macdaddy-o
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Support From NO

OPENSTEP, I agree. It's funny I never engage in Forums. Too busy or self-indulged. But, when I get someone (who does not know me from Adam) to respond to a question that makes my life a bit easier, I appreciate it. Patrick stepped up and got the job the done quickly. To me, that is worth strong praise. Support the causes that are fully engaged and disengage from the ones that are not. Isn't that the way it should work?
Whitestar
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject:

If I may?

pluby wrote:
You or your organization may not care about PowerPC machines, but many schools, non-profit organizations, and individuals still use them for their daily work and one third of our downloads are still consistently PowerPC.

Count me among one of these!

I still have a "1st Gen" iMac G5 (meaning PowerPC), which I hope to have for a long, long time to come. And I have NeoOffice. Although I am a "casual user", I am glad about NeoOffice, first of all because I can work with OpenDocument-files on my Mac.

I happened to just see IBM's "Lotus Symphony" program, which also works with the ODF format. It is not, and seemingly won't be, available for PowerPC Macs.
(I installed Lotus Symphony on an old WinXP notebook of mine, just out of curiosity: it goes abit slow, with that PIII 500 MHz, but it works fine).

So, thank you for NeoOffice for my "old" PowerPC G5.

Keep up the good work! Your time and efforts are not in vain.

-oo-

(Now that I am here, I do have an issue with the slow speed of NeoOffice, which I had wanted to pose here for some time now, but I'll have to check for all relevant information before posting. Hence the brackets... So please ignore this.)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2