· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Donation page translation request
Donation page translation request

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Donation page translation request

We have been receiving increasing numbers of donors who are confused when they receive a payment confirmation from PayPal when they donate using a credit card. So, I have added the following section in our donation page:

If anyone has time, can you translate this new section?:

Code:
 Why did I get an e-mail from PayPal?

PayPal is our credit card processor so if you donated using a credit card, you will get a payment confirmation e-mail from PayPal. To ensure the safety of your credit card data, PayPal never allows us to see it. This is one reason we use PayPal as our credit card processor.

All sellers that accept credit cards use a credit card processor. Unlike most other websites, you can see who our credit card processor is. More importantly, since PayPal never lets us see your credit card number, we do not store any of your private information. The only information that PayPal lets us see is your e-mail address and the amount of your donation and we do not share that information with anyone.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Donation page translation request

Code:
 Waarom kreeg ik een bericht van PayPal?

Paypal verwerkt onze credit card transacties. Daarom krijgt u een betalingsbevestiging als u met een credit card een schenking hebt gedaan. Om de veiligheid van uw credit card gegevens te garanderen stuurt Paypal ze nooit aan ons door. Dit is een van de redenen waarom we Paypal gebruiken.

Alle websites die credit cards accepteren maken gebruik van een dienstverlener die credit card betalingen verwerkt. Anders dan met andere websites kunt u zien wie onze dienstverlener is. Bovendien bewaren wij geen privé gegevens van u, omdat Paypal die nooit aan ons doorgeeft. De enige informatie die Paypal aan ons geeft is uw e-mail adres en hoeveel u gedoneerd heeft, en wij delen die informatie met niemand.

This is the translation. I am not very happy with the text though. You cannot claim Paypal doesn't forward private data if it gives you an email adress. And saying this is one of the reasons we use paypal would suggest at least one other, which is not mentioned. And I am not sure no other website shows who their credit card processor is. In fact, I think a lot of them do.

Feel free to edit, and I will translate the revisions as well.

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Donation page translation request

ovvldc wrote:
This is the translation. I am not very happy with the text though. You cannot claim Paypal doesn't forward private data if it gives you an email adress. And saying this is one of the reasons we use paypal would suggest at least one other, which is not mentioned. And I am not sure no other website shows who their credit card processor is. In fact, I think a lot of them do.

OK. How does the following text sound? I see your point about the "private data" and have replaced that with "credit card data". I also changed the first sentence of the second paragraph to avoid quantifying who does and does not show their credit card processor.

However, I do not see the second problem that you list. Yes, saying that this is one of the reasons does imply that there is more than one reason that we use PayPal. But this phrasing also implies that any other reasons do not pertain to the subject being discussed. For example, another reason is that they have lower fees than their competitors. That may be interesting to the reader, but it has nothing to do with why you are getting an e-mail from PayPal.

Code:

PayPal is our credit card processor so if you donated using a credit card, you will get a payment confirmation e-mail from PayPal. To ensure the safety of your credit card data, PayPal never allows us to see it. This is one reason we use PayPal as our credit card processor.

All sellers that accept credit cards use a credit card processor and by using PayPal you can see who our credit card processor is. More importantly, since PayPal never lets us see your credit card number, we do not store any of your credit card information. The only information that PayPal lets us see is your e-mail address and the amount of your donation and we do not share that information with anyone.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject:

Oscar,

Does any of the Dutch translation change as a result of my latest wording changes?

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Donation page translation request

Code:

All sellers that accept credit cards use a credit card processor and by using PayPal you can see who our credit card processor is. More importantly, since PayPal never lets us see your credit card number, we do not store any of your credit card information. The only information that PayPal lets us see is your e-mail address and the amount of your donation and we do not share that information with anyone.

In French:

Code:
Pourquoi ai-je reçu un e-mail de la part de PayPal ?

PayPal se charge du traitement des transactions par carte de crédit pour nous. Si vous avez effectué un don par carte de crédit, vous recevrez de la part de PayPal un e-mail confirmant votre paiement. Pour assurer la sécurité des données de votre carte, PayPal ne nous autorise pas à y accéder. C'est l'une des raisons pour lesquelles nous faisons appel à PayPal pour traiter les transactions par carte de crédit.

Les vendeurs qui permettent le paiement par carte de crédit font obligatoirement appel à une compagnie pour gérer la transaction; en utilisant PayPal, nous vous permettons de voir qui se charge de cette transaction. Plus important encore, puisque PayPal ne nous permet pas d'accéder à votre numéro de carte de crédit, nous n'enregistrons aucune donnée concernant votre carte. Les seules informations auxquelles PayPal nous donne accès sont votre adresse e-mail et le montant de votre don, informations que nous ne transmettons à personne.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject:

FYI. Samwise's translations are now on the website.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Donation page translation request

Sorry, I've been a bit busy...

Code:
Waarom kreeg ik een bericht van PayPal?

Paypal verwerkt onze credit card transacties. Daarom krijgt u een betalingsbevestiging als u met een credit card een schenking hebt gedaan. Om de veiligheid van uw credit card gegevens te garanderen stuurt Paypal ze nooit aan ons door. Dit is een van de redenen waarom we Paypal gebruiken.

Alle websites die credit cards accepteren maken gebruik van een dienstverlener die credit card betalingen verwerkt en door middel van Paypal kunt u zien wie onze dienstverlener is. Bovendien bewaren wij uw credit card gegevens niet, omdat Paypal die nooit aan ons doorgeeft. De enige informatie die Paypal aan ons geeft is uw e-mail adres en hoeveel u gedoneerd heeft, en wij delen die informatie met niemand.

here we are.

best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Oscar. Your translations are now on the website.

Patrick
salco
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject:

In German:

Code:

Warum habe ich eine E-Mail von PayPal erhalten?

PayPal übernimmt die Kreditkartenabwicklung für uns, deshalb bekommen Sie von PayPal eine Zahlungsbestätigung via E-Mail, wenn Sie mit Kreditkarte gespendet haben. Um die Sicherheit Ihrer Kreditkartendaten zu garantieren, gibt uns PayPal keine Möglichkeit, diese einzusehen. Das ist einer der Gründe, weshalb wir PayPal für die Kreditkartenabwicklung verwenden.

Alle Verkäufer. die Kreditkarten akzeptieren, benutzen einen Kreditkartenabwickler und durch die Verwendung von PayPal können Sie sehen wer unser Kreditkartenabwickler ist. Darüberhinaus speichern wir keine Informationen bezüglich ihrer Kreditkarten, da PayPal uns keinerlei Möglichkeit gibt, ihre Kreditkartennummer einzusehen. Die einzigen Informationen, die PayPal uns mitteilt, sind Ihre E-Mail-Adresse und die Höhe Ihrer Spende und wir geben diese Informationen an niemanden weiter.

salco
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject:

Thanks salco. Your translations are now on the website.

Patrick
salco
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject:

I have to apologize, there was still one typo in the text (after "Verkäufer"). Now it should be correct although I'm not 100 % sure about the commas.

Code:

Warum habe ich eine E-Mail von PayPal erhalten?

PayPal übernimmt die Kreditkartenabwicklung für uns, deshalb bekommen Sie von PayPal eine Zahlungsbestätigung via E-Mail, wenn Sie mit Kreditkarte gespendet haben. Um die Sicherheit Ihrer Kreditkartendaten zu garantieren, gibt uns PayPal keine Möglichkeit, diese einzusehen. Das ist einer der Gründe, weshalb wir PayPal für die Kreditkartenabwicklung verwenden.

Alle Verkäufer, die Kreditkarten akzeptieren, benutzen einen Kreditkartenabwickler und durch die Verwendung von PayPal können Sie sehen wer unser Kreditkartenabwickler ist. Darüberhinaus speichern wir keine Informationen bezüglich ihrer Kreditkarten, da PayPal uns keinerlei Möglichkeit gibt, ihre Kreditkartennummer einzusehen. Die einzigen Informationen, die PayPal uns mitteilt, sind Ihre E-Mail-Adresse und die Höhe Ihrer Spende und wir geben diese Informationen an niemanden weiter.

salco
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject:

No worries. I have posted your corrected text on the website.

Patrick
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject:

This is the italian translation

Code:
Perché ricevo una e-mail da PayPal?

PayPal è il sistema che controlla le carte di credito per noi, così che se effettui una donazione tramite carta di credito riceverai una conferma di pagamento via e-mail da PayPal. Per assicurare la sicurezza dei dati delle carte di credito, PayPal non ci permette di vedere questi dati. Questa è una delle ragioni per cui abbiamo deciso di usare PayPal come sistema di controllo delle carte di credito.

Tutti i venditori che accettano le carte di credito usano un sistema di controllo. A differenza di quello che fanno molti altri siti web, qui puoi vedere qual è l'azienda che processa i dati delle carte di credito per noi. Ancora più importante, dal momento che PayPal non ci permette di vedere il numero della tua carta di credito, non conserviamo alcuno dei tuoi dati privati. La sola informazione che PayPal ci permette di vedere è il tuo indirizzo e-mail e l'ammontare della tua donazione e noi non condividiamo questa informazione con nessuno.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
This is the italian translation

Code:

PayPal è il sistema che controlla le carte di credito per noi, così che se effettui una donazione tramite carta di credito riceverai una conferma di pagamento via e-mail da PayPal. Per assicurare la sicurezza dei dati delle carte di credito, PayPal non ci permette di vedere questi dati. Questa è una delle ragioni per cui abbiamo deciso di usare PayPal come sistema di controllo delle carte di credito.

Tutti i venditori che accettano le carte di credito usano un sistema di controllo. A differenza di quello che fanno molti altri siti web, qui puoi vedere qual è l'azienda che processa i dati delle carte di credito per noi. Ancora più importante, dal momento che PayPal non ci permette di vedere il numero della tua carta di credito, non conserviamo alcuno dei tuoi dati privati. La sola informazione che PayPal ci permette di vedere è il tuo indirizzo e-mail e l'ammontare della tua donazione e noi non condividiamo questa informazione con nessuno.

Valter, it looks like you translated the original text; Patrick posted an updated English text in his next post (3rd post in the topic).

If possible, you should translate the new text…
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject:

I didn't pay enough attention Crying or Very sad

Code:

Tutti i venditori che accettano le carte di credito usano un sistema di controllo e avendo scelto PayPal puoi vedere qual è l'azienda che processa i dati delle carte di credito per noi. Ancora più importante, dal momento che PayPal non ci permette di vedere il numero della tua carta di credito, non conserviamo alcuno dei dati della tua carta di credito. La sola informazione che PayPal ci permette di vedere è il tuo indirizzo e-mail e l'ammontare della tua donazione e noi non condividiamo questa informazione con nessuno.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2