Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - autocorrection does not work with a specific dataset
autocorrection does not work with a specific dataset

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: autocorrection does not work with a specific dataset

I just worked on a .doc dataset - say A.doc - and typed in an abbreviation for an autocorrect word. Nothing happened.
So I first thought, maybe its because I started with a .doc from somebody else. So I saved the dataset in NeoOffice-format as A.swx and started again.
The same: my shortcut "ak" for "akzeptanz" doesn't work and so not any other shortcut.
Next, I created a new document and there everything is fine.
So it has to be some attribute of my A.swx but I don't see which one.
When I am working with A.swx I can look up the autocorrection dataset via the "Extras"-menu and there are all the shortcuts for often used words.
The path in NeoOffice properties is fine too. (The autocorrections works with other documents very well).
Where can I look for the missing or wrong attribution (or relation between this dataset and the autocorrection file) of that A.swx dataset?

narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject:

Please try the following:

- select the menu Tools :: Autocorrect
- under the Word Completion tab, is Enable Word Completion checked?

thanks --fran
gavagai
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject:

Hi fran,
I checked it and it was not enabled. I enabled it but it didn't help. I even closed the file and reopened it: no effect (but it is still enabled).
I checked with a new textfile. The word-completion is enabled by default. So I think not being enabled was a heritage from the .doc-file I have started with.
Stimulated by your proposal I looked in the same menu under "Options", where there is a list of options to en/disable for immediate change (E) and change after saving (N). There is an option "Substitution table". It is enabled for both columns (N and E in German).

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1