Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - unexpected mouse behaviour
unexpected mouse behaviour

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: unexpected mouse behaviour

Hello there

Neo/J alpha 2, 10.3.5 on a tibook 400MHz with 1Gb ram...

When I select text (e.g. the filename in a file save dialogue) with the mouse, in normal OSX behaviour the selection is completed when I release the mouse button.

In Neo/J, the selection sometimes doesn't complete until I release AND click the mouse button a 2nd time. I can't seem to duplicate this behaviour to order - sometimes it happens, sometimes not - so I'm not able to be more specific about what the circumstances are. But I had this problem back in early alpha 1 with spreadsheets too - sometimes my mouse would think I was in selection mode after I'd just clicked on a cell to place the focus there; or when selecting cells, it wouldn't complete the selection until I clicked the mouse again.

Of course, the fact that I'm using an MS mouse with their driver (v5.0, *not* the latest one, which messed everything up...) might be to blame. Anyone else ever had this happen to them?

- yoxi
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: unexpected mouse behaviour

Do you think that this is the same problem as the following bug?

http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=156

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: unexpected mouse behaviour

pluby wrote:
Do you think that this is the same problem as the following bug?

http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=156

Patrick

Only insofar as 'The "mouse-up" does not seem to have taken place' is concerned.

The behaviour I've been experiencing is not as consistent, but does appear to be the mouse-up not taking place until a further mouse-click happens.

Interesting: I just tried to reproduce the bugzilla poster's experience, and I didn't even need to bring up the style sheet - some clicks on the vertical scroll bar in a multi-page writer doc result in more than one scrollbar-jump.

So then I moved the ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1 folder as you suggested to him, and relaunched Neo/J, and now it's behaving properly.

Wanna see my old pref files...?

- yoxi
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: unexpected mouse behaviour

yoxi wrote:
Wanna see my old pref files...?

Yes. Please send them to me.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1