Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Early Access Program download page translation request
Early Access Program download page translation request

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Early Access Program download page translation request

Since it has been a year and half since our last Early Access Program and given the reports that OpenOffice.org 3.0 has some stability bugs, I will be adding the following warning on the Early Access Program download page on January 15 to ensure that Early Access Program members understand that NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access will likely have more bugs than NeoOffice 2.2.5.

Can anyone translate the following warning?

Quote:
Important: NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access is not a production release and will likely have many undiscovered bugs. If you are not comfortable using unstable software, we recommend that you download NeoOffice 2.2.5 which is our most stable version.

Thanks,

Patrick
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Access Program download page translation request

Italian
Quote:
Importante: NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access non è una versione da usare in produzione ed ha probabilmente diversi bug non ancora scoperti. Se non ti senti a tuo agio con i software instabili, ti raccomandiamo di scaricare NeoOffice 2.2.5 che è la nostra versione più stabile
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks valterb. I have put your translations in the Italian pages.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Access Program download page translation request

Dutch

Quote:
Let op: NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access is geen versie die helemaal klaar is, en bevat waarschijnlijk vele fouten die we nog niet hebben gevonden. Indien u liever geen onstabiele software gebruikt, raden wij u aan om onze meest stabiele versie, NeoOffice 2.2.5, op te halen.

You're welcome.

-Oz
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Access Program download page translation request

Oscar,

ovvldc wrote:
Quote:
Let op: NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access is geen versie die helemaal klaar is, en bevat waarschijnlijk vele fouten die we nog niet hebben gevonden. Indien u liever geen onstabiele software gebruikt, raden wij u aan om onze meest stabiele versie, NeoOffice 2.2.5, op te halen.

Before I posted this translation, I wanted to check if "Let op" is OK. I only ask because all of the other translations of the word "Important" have been "Belangrijk". If "Let op" is better, should I replace the existing "Belangrijk" references with "Let op" as well? Or just use "Let op" in this one case?

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject:

You are attentive Smile.

'Let op' is a bit like 'heads up', while 'belangrijk' is the literal translation of 'important'. I was thinking about it, and I have the impression that 'belangrijk' is more of a word one uses inside a formal sentence instead of an exclamation.

So I am be inclined to use 'let op' in cases where it is used to start a notifcation.

Are there any other Dutch speakers willing to weigh in on this one? User yakusha, you did the Wiki translation, what do you think?

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
'Let op' is a bit like 'heads up', while 'belangrijk' is the literal translation of 'important'. I was thinking about it, and I have the impression that 'belangrijk' is more of a word one uses inside a formal sentence instead of an exclamation.

OK. I have put your "Let op" translation in that one place. If after any discussion you decide to change this one or any of the other "Belangrijk" references, I will update those then.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Access Program download page translation request

Quote:
Important: NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access is not a production release and will likely have many undiscovered bugs. If you are not comfortable using unstable software, we recommend that you download NeoOffice 2.2.5 which is our most stable version.

French (a bit late, I didn't realize New Zealand was that much ahead of us):

Quote:
Attention: NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access n'est pas une version destinée à la production et risque de contenir de nombreux bugs non découverts. Si vous ne souhaitez pas utiliser un logiciel instable, nous vous recommandons de télécharger NeoOffice 2.2.5, qui est notre version la plus stable.

Note that I have used Attention instead of Important for the same reason that Oscar used Let op instead of Belangrijk…
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Access Program download page translation request

Samwise,

FYI. I have posted your translation on the website.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I also found this text which hasn't been translated yet :

Mac OS X Services support wrote:
In NeoOffice, many of the menus within the NeoOffice :: Services menu will be enabled whenever you highlight data in your document. When you select any of the submenus in the NeoOffice :: Services menu, the highlighted data will be sent to the Mac OS X application that matches to the Services menu that you select. Please note that at this time NeoOffice does not support Mac OS X services that change the highlighted data in your document. Only services that read your highlighted data are supported. This means that menus like the NeoOffice :: Services :: ChineseTextConverter menu will be disabled in NeoOffice.

French:

Prise en charge des Services Mac OS X wrote:
Dans NeoOffice, de nombreux éléments du menu NeoOffice :: Services s'activent dès que vous sélectionnez des données dans votre document. Lorsque vous sélectionnez l'un des sous-menus du menu NeoOffice :: Services, ces données sont transmises à l'application Mac OS X correspondant au service sélectionné. Veuillez néanmoins noter qu'à l'heure actuelle, NeoOffice ne prend pas en charge les services Mac OS X qui modifient les données sélectionnés dans votre document. Seuls les services qui lisent les données sélectionnées sont pris en charge. Cela signifie que les menus comme NeoOffice :: Services :: ChineseTextConverter seront inactifs dans NeoOffice.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Samwise,

I have added your Mac OS X Services translation to the website.

Patrick
yakusha
Operator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject:

hi,

the votes of the Belgian jury Smile are for "let op"

Translating words literally can be a tricky thing, because a you have the meaning of a word as you find it in a dictionary and the connotations a word has among the native speakers .
In this context you're trying to make people aware of the fact that NeoOffice 3.0 EA is not a production release , if you would retranslate it back to English you'd arrive at pay attention to which is exactly the meaning you're trying to express here I assume.

greetz,

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks, Henk.

In this vain, I suggest changing all of the announcement that start with 'belangrijk' to 'let op'.

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
In this vain, I suggest changing all of the announcement that start with 'belangrijk' to 'let op'.

Done. All "Belangrijk:" references have been replaced with "Let op:" on the website.

Patrick
salco
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Early Access Program download page translation request

Quote:

German:

Quote:
Achtung: NeoOffice Early Access ist keine endgültige Version und enthält vermutlich zahlreiche bisher unentdeckte Fehler. Falls Sie keine unausgereifte Software verwenden möchten, empfehlen wir Ihnen unsere stabilste Version, NeoOffice 2.2.5, herunterzuladen.

I also changed the literal translation "Wichtig" to "Achtung" for the same reasons as stated above.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2