moving images by pixel

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oihenart
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: moving images by pixel

Hello,

I have to compare Neo and OpenOffice.
When i copy a picture in Writer,i can move it with arrows on keyboard. And if i want to move it pixel by pixel, i press on alt key. It's working in OpenOffice 3, but not in Neo. When i press alt key when pressing on arrow, nothing happens.
In 2.2.5, it didn't work, but in an other way. Pressing alt key when pressing on arrow move the picture as if i had not press on alt key.

Christian

PS Swissfrench Keyboard
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject:

I wonder if this is related to the fix for Bug 3018.

I will take a closer look,
--fran
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject:

I can confirm that Bug 3018 still exists in OpenOffice.org 3.0.

I tried the following in OpenOffice.org 3.0:

I inserted a jpg image into a text document and anchored it to a paragraph Alt-Left Arrow moves the image down, not to the left. in fact all the Alt-Arrow combinations moved the image down. It was only with an image within a frame that I was able to get the Alt-Left arrow key combination to "nudge" to the left.

It does not look like we can remove the fix that was put in place for Bug 3018 to address issues with NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code yet.

--fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject:

narf wrote:
It does not look like we can remove the fix that was put in place for Bug 3018 to address issues with NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code yet.

I agree. Bug 3018 was a very nasty bug. Unfortunately, in the portion of the OpenOffice.org code that NeoOffice does key processing, we have no information as to what the OpenOffice.org application will do with the key event. As a result, to prevent bug 3018, we have to strip off the Alt key flag on any key events. This has the side effect that some nice features that are triggered off of the Alt key are disabled. Sad

Patrick
oihenart
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject:

It is regrettable because this function of moving pictures precisely seems important for us. Crying or Very sad

Christian
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject:

oihenart wrote:
It is regrettable because this function of moving pictures precisely seems important for us. Crying or Very sad

Since the fix for bug 3018 was added in a NeoOffice 2.2.4, how have you worked around this in NeoOffice 2.2.5? Does the same workaround not work in NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access?

Patrick
oihenart
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
how have you worked around this in NeoOffice 2.2.5?

I have seen this problem in NeoOffice 2.2.5 and some teachers asked me about that. I wanted to make a post in this forum, but i didn't have time.

Christian
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject:

oihenart wrote:
I have seen this problem in NeoOffice 2.2.5 and some teachers asked me about that. I wanted to make a post in this forum, but i didn't have time.

Sad I was hoping you found a different workaround.

There is one other way to move an image by tiny amounts. It is not as convenient as OpenOffice.org's Alt-arrow key shortcuts, but you can do it by Control-clicking on the image, selecting the Picture menu from the popup menu, and in the dialog that appear, click on the Type tab, and adjust the position using the "spinner" arrows in the Position section.

Hope that helps.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject:

After my last post, I realized that the workaround in my post or setting a frame's anchor to Page instead of Paragraph are both reasonable workarounds for bug 3018. So, with those workarounds, I can reenable the Alt-arrow functionality in NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access.

I will add the workarounds to the bug and reenable the Alt-arrow functionality in the NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 Patch 0 release.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject:

FYI. NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 Patch 0 has been released with the fix for this bug. Download links to the patch and full installer are in this post.

Patrick
oihenart
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject:

It's working fine. Thanks

Good job

Christian Wink
wally
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: nudging images

I'm still having trouble nudging images down off the top of the page. They just hang over a bit.

I am using 2.2.5 patch 7.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: nudging images

wally wrote:
I'm still having trouble nudging images down off the top of the page. They just hang over a bit.

I am using 2.2.5 patch 7.

This feature is not available in NeoOffice 2.2.5 and is only available in NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2. So, unfortunately, if you are not a NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Program member, you will need to wait until NeoOffice 3.0 is released on 31 March 2009 to get this feature.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum