· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - insert note
insert note

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gromOSX
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: insert note

when freezing a particular row in calc, if I 'insert note' in the cell beneath the frozen row, it is hidden as if underneath the frozen cells when I hover over it. the same note appears just fine when I choose 'show note'. I noticed this behavior awhile back and filed a bug.
https://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5184&highlight=
http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2739&pos=3
the reason I am bringing it up again is that shortly before my dell crashed I was running Oo.org 3.0 and did not see this behavior. was this fixed in OpenOffice 3? can anyone else duplicate this behavior?

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject:

Thank you for providing the bug number.

I checked the sample document that was in the bug with OpenOffice.org 3.0.1, which NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 is based on, and unfortunately I still experience the frozen row covering the note in a cell right below. I wonder if it is a Mac specific bug since you did not experience it when on a Dell.

--fran
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject:

I wanted to clarify my previous post. I tested in this in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 (rather than OpenOffice.org 3.0) and the bug is still present there. If you still have access to your Dell machine please check the version of OpenOfice.org that is running by selecting the menu Help :: About OpenOffice.org.

Unfortunately, our very limited funding and developer resources limits the current scope of the NeoOffice project to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and fixing OpenOffice.org bugs is outside that scope.

You can file a bug in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers and if they fix the bug, the new behavior will get included in a future release of NeoOffice:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Note : our advice is to not mention NeoOffice as mentioning NeoOffice may cause OOo volunteers to accidentally close it without actually reviewing your bug.

--fran
gromOSX
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject:

you confirmed my fears...ah well thanks for looking into it. yeah I have read the old flame posts on OO.org sites about the mean old neo devs...haha. the dell is dead unfortunately (hardware not software)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum