Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Can't find the highlighting button in NeOffice Calc
Can't find the highlighting button in NeOffice Calc

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Straitsfan
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Can't find the highlighting button in NeOffice Calc

I'm looking for the Highlighting button, but can't find it. Help says to look on the formatting bar, but it isn't there. Unless there is no highlighting option in Calc. My hyperlinks are highlighted in gray -- not the background, just the text itself. It didn't always do this and I'd like to turn it off. Sometimes a link won't be highlighted, but I don't know what I'm doing to cause that to happen.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject:

Look for the "Format > Cells" menu item. From that dialog you should be able to change both the font color as well as the cell background color.

If you're not able to see a toolbar button, the window may not be wide enough to show all the buttons in the toolbar. If there are hidden toolbar buttons, you should see a little strip on the rightmost edge of the tooolbar with a ">>" symbol. If you click it, you will see a popup menu display with the remaining toolbar buttons. In Calc the Font Color and Background toolbar buttons are the last ones on the toolbar, so they may be in this "spillover" menu.

ed
Straitsfan
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject:

It's not the background that's the problem. The usual background color for the cell is white, which it is at the moment. I mean the text for my hyperlinks are light blue, but are 'highlighted' or are sitting 'inside' a rectangle that only surrounds the words, and that formatting is on the white background of the cell.

There is no >> symbol on the formatting toolbar that I can click. So I still don't know how to find the highlighting button (which is a yellow square with the letter A on it -- go to NeoOffice Help and enter highlighting in the index bar -- you'll see the icon when you click on 'highlighting.'
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject:

It's certainly part of the hyperlink style in Calc; unfortunately, there's no way that I can see to modify the Calc version of that style (that is, a Hyperlink or Internet Link style does not appear in Styles and Formatting palette when in Calc). The background is *not* part of the Hyperlink style in Writer Razz

The only solution I can think of is to create your own custom style for hyperlinks with the formatting you want and manually apply that style to all hyperlinks in your sheet Sad

If you *do* want the background and it's not appearing for certain links, try selecting the text of the link and clicking on the hyperlink button (the little blue @ sign in the toolbar) and "re-entering" the appropriate data in that window.

Sorry I don't have any better answers Sad

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1