· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Update Style question
Update Style question

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulgabel
Operator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Update Style question

I'm using NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 patch 0. In the Styles and Formatting palette, shouldn't "Update Style" actually update all of the paragraphs that had been previously set with the selected style? In other words, if I have 50 paragraphs with the style "blocked text," and I want to change their font size from 12 to 10, shouldn't I just have to select one of these paragraphs, change the font size, and then click on "Update Style" to change all 50 of them? But this is not working. Or is it not a feature?
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject:

It looks like it depends on which attributes you change and how you change them.

Note that the below concerns paragraph styles

If you make changes to paragraph formatting using the toolbar controls or the Format>Paragraph menus, then Updating the Style will update all the paragraphs with that style.

If you make changes to character formatting (font size, color, etc.) using the toolbar controls or the Format>Character... menus, then updating the paragraph style will not apply these changes to the style.

Instead, you must make these kind of changes by opening the Styles and Formatting palette, control-cliicking or right-clicking on the style you want to modify, and choosing Modify. A new window will appear that will let you modify that particular paragraph style, including things like font size, color, etc.

Lorinda
paulgabel
Operator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Updating Styles not working in 3.0

Lorinda wrote:

"If you make changes to paragraph formatting using the toolbar controls or the Format>Paragraph menus, then Updating the Style will update all the paragraphs with that style."

But this is not working in NeoOffice 3.0. Should I submit a bug report?
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject:

It works for me in NeoOffice 3.0 EA. Can you give me an exact list of steps you are using so I can see if I can reproduce it?

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1