Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - docking navigator and stylist
docking navigator and stylist

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knussear
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: docking navigator and stylist

Try as I might I cannot dock the navigator or stylist.

Tried command double click and command shift f10, also tried control. Can't get either to work. anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Ken
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject:

This is an intermittent bug in the OpenOffice.org code upon which NeoOffice is based. See bug 3336 in Bugzilla.

I encountered the same problem. Eventually, command-double clicking on the empty grey space to the right of the icons worked, but it was weeks before this happened.

Sorry not to have better news for you.

Lorinda
SteveRead
Operator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: docking sylist

I can dock the stylist pretty consistently both by dragging and by command double clicking. I can dock it if I drag it to the left side and hold it there for several seconds. The outline shows up and it then forms a window on the left side.
I can also dock it by command double clicking if I do the following. First, click once on the window to make sure it has focus. Then command double click on white space below the list of styles in the window. If I don't insure focus, then command double clicking doesn't work and if I click anywhere on the window other than in the white space below the style names it doesn't work.
Using 3.0 Early Access 2, with 10.5.6
SteveRead
Operator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Docking stylist

One further point. I just realized that I can also command double click to the right of the icons, as Lorinda suggested, and it will work consistently, as long as the window has focus.
One thing that seems important is that the window has to have focus for command double clicking to work
SteveRead
Operator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: docking stylist and navigator

This will also work with the navigator window.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the additional information.

If memory serves, the bug was specific to (or at least more prevalent in) PPC machines running 10.4.11, which is my setup.

knussear: Which Mac OS are you using? on a PPC or Intel machine?

Do SteveRead's instructions help you?

Lorinda
knussear
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject:

No, none of these things seem to work for me. I can confirm that I'm getting window focus.

I'm running on an intel machine with 10.5.6
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject:

I cannot get the key combination Command-Shift-F10 to dock the Navigator or the Styles and Formatting window in NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 or NeoOffice 2.2.5. Since this key combination works in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 which NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 is based on I have opened Bug 3432 in Bugzilla to track this issue.

Please add yourself to the CC: list in the bug to track the progress of this bug.

While I was putting experimenting with docking I found that after a point I could not dock the Navigator or Styles and Formatting window using either Command - double-click or drag and drop even those were working earlier. I had to quit and restart NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2. This is an intermittent issue for me and I will try and figure out a reproducible set of steps.

knussear: Does quitting and restarting NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 allow you to dock the window using Command-double-click or drag and drop?

--fran
knussear
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject:

Fran
I quit Neo and restarted and before anything else docked the styles and navigator panels. IT WORKED using command double click!

Fantastic. seems like that reset something, although I have certainly restarted neo many times and it ended up not working. I wonder if there is a sequence that causes things to become un-responsive??

Thanks

Happy now, I'll leave them docked.

Ken
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject:

knussear wrote:
I quit Neo and restarted and before anything else docked the styles and navigator panels. IT WORKED using command double click!

Fantastic. seems like that reset something, although I have certainly restarted neo many times and it ended up not working. I wonder if there is a sequence that causes things to become un-responsive??

It is good to know this is working for you now. I will continue to try and determine a set of reproducible steps that cause the Command - double-click key sequence to stop working. Thanks for bringing the key combination Command-Shift-F10 failure to our attention.

--fran
knussear
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject:

One interesting thing to note....
Using a blank document
I docked navigator left, and styles right. I closed neo and re-opened, and they are both still docked, but both on the left.

Seems repeatable.
Ken
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject:

knussear wrote:
One interesting thing to note....
Using a blank document
I docked navigator left, and styles right. I closed neo and re-opened, and they are both still docked, but both on the left.

This is interesting. I can reproduce this in NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2, but OpenOffice 3.0.1 and Novell's Go-oo modification, which NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 is based on, the docked windows remain with Navigator docked left and Styles and Formatting docked right. Also NeoOffice 2.2.5 Patch 7 retains the docked windows on the right and left. I will investigate this further.

--fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject:

narf wrote:
This is interesting. I can reproduce this in NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2, but OpenOffice 3.0.1 and Novell's Go-oo modification, which NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 is based on, the docked windows remain with Navigator docked left and Styles and Formatting docked right. Also NeoOffice 2.2.5 Patch 7 retains the docked windows on the right and left. I will investigate this further.

I cannot reproduce this. Since placement of docked windows is controlled entirely by the OpenOffice.org application code which we have not modified, might this be a symptom of corruption in your user preference files?

To test my theory, can you try the following steps? This will force NeoOffice to create new user preferences with default values:

1. Quit NeoOffice
2. Move the following folders if they exist to your Desktop or Trash. Note that "~" means your Home folder:

~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0
~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2

3. Restart NeoOffice

Does this behavior still occur after doing the above steps?

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Does this behavior still occur after doing the above steps?

No, the behavior does not occur after removing both folders and restarting NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2. The docked windows remain with the Navigator window on the left and the Syles and Formatting window on the right.

Thanks --fran
knussear
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject:

I quit restarted and moved the prefs and I'm getting the same symptom still
Ken
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum