Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Mac 10.5.6 - LaserJet 4MV printing problem
Mac 10.5.6 - LaserJet 4MV printing problem

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kayo
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Mac 10.5.6 - LaserJet 4MV printing problem

NeoOffice 2.5.5 Patch 8 and 7 will not print from DRAW. This generates an error "79 service(01BF) on the printer. CALC and WRITER print OK. I also tried printing a DRAW document from the print preview window but it did not work either.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac 10.5.6 - LaserJet 4MV printing problem

kayo wrote:
NeoOffice 2.5.5 Patch 8 and 7 will not print from DRAW. This generates an error "79 service(01BF) on the printer. CALC and WRITER print OK. I also tried printing a DRAW document from the print preview window but it did not work either.

So when you press the Preview button in the NeoOffice's native print dialog, the Preview application opens and displays your print output OK? If so, are you saying that when you press the Print button in the Preview application, you get the "79 service(01BF)" error?

If the answer to both is yes, then your printer driver software is where the bug is. What is happening is that NeoOffice's outputs PDF, the Preview application displays the PDF and when you press Preview's (or NeoOffie's) Print button, the PDF is sent to your printer driver software. Your printer driver software, in turn, tries to convert the PDF into whatever format your printer uses. It is in this last step that the problem is occurring. Something in your Draw document results in PDF that your printer driver software cannot handle.

Printer driver software bugs like this are not something NeoOffice or any other application can fix. Instead, it must be fixed by the printer driver software's vendor. Since HP is the vendor for that printer driver, you should check the following HP website and see if their latest printer driver is installed on your machine:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=15022&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25483&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=219

Do you have HP's latest printer driver software installed on your machine? If not, does installing the latest HP printer driver and rebooting make the error stop?

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Also on the Hewlett Packard website is this page containing information about the 79 error:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=238800&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=238800&objectID=bpm00729

And this summary:
Quote:
This error message indicates that the formatter is trying to access invalid memory or memory it cannot get to.

There are several solutions there to try. Do any of the listed solutions solve the problem for you?

--fran
kayo
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: A font problem

The problem seems to be related to the Papyrus Font
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject:

I did a quick Google search on "HP laserjet papyrus font" and got some hits. Here is the first one:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1238514187597+28353475&threadId=1228117

The problem is with the older HP LaserJet printer.

As pluby asked:
pluby wrote:
Do you have HP's latest printer driver software installed on your machine? If not, does installing the latest HP printer driver and rebooting make the error stop?

--fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject:

narf wrote:
I did a quick Google search on "HP laserjet papyrus font" and got some hits. Here is the first one:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1238514187597+28353475&threadId=1228117

The problem is with the older HP LaserJet printer.

Since the HP Laserjet 4MV printer driver software apparently cannot the Papyrus font and HP has not provided any fixes or workarounds, what happens if you launch the /Applications/Font Book application, select the Papyrus font, and select the Edit :: Disable Font menu. Does printing now work without error?

Patrick
kayo
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: HP laserjet 4MV font problem

It prints other fonts OK, just not Papyrus as far as I know. BUT it has printed this font in the past, perhaps two or three months ago. I'll run disk utility and try again.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: HP laserjet 4MV font problem

kayo wrote:
It prints other fonts OK, just not Papyrus as far as I know. BUT it has printed this font in the past, perhaps two or three months ago. I'll run disk utility and try again.

If you did any Mac OS X system updates during that time, it is possible that one of the system updates included an updated printer driver from HP. In other words, this might be a new bug in HP's printer driver.

Patrick
kayo
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject:

yes i keep pretty current with updates to OS.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1