· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Font colour failure
Font colour failure

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GridLox
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Font colour failure

Some time ago I discovered that the icon available on the formatting tool-bar, for changing font colour, would only change the selected font to one colour - a sort of red-brown. This was because when the little 'drop-down' arrowhead was clicked-on no colour chart dropped down, from which one might choose a different colour. Yes I can go in through Format>Character>etc., but that is a rather time consuming exercise.

Is this a known bug? Is this the right place to raise the matter? Sorry if I am out-of-order on this one

sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject:

If you open NeoOffice preferences and choose "Colors" in the NeoOffice section, does only that one color show up in the color table there? If so, it sounds like the default color palette has somehow been reduced to one color.

This article has more info about color palettes. If something is wrong with the default color palette, deleting the "standard.soc" file the article refers to will allow NeoOffice to regenerate the default palette based on internal settings.

Smokey

Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject:

Hi Sardisson,
No, a full palette of colours is displayed in NeoOffice Preferences Colors … but wait!! … oh this is so embarassing - it now works perfectly. The only thing I can think of that has happened, since I posted the initial comment, was running CleanApp for the first time and delete all the old apps. associated files that were no longer directly connected with their original program. Perhaps there was a conflict between two versions of the same file … I did once install an early version of NeoOffice, then, having too much trouble with it, removed same. It's one of the downsides of Mac OS X that it does not provide a comprehensive uninstall and clean-up of unwanted programs … so far as I know.

Thanks for your response. I hope I can be so fortunate with the problems I had with the Table aspect of Writer (see "Table Trouble" post). I had to resort to Word to create an urgently needed document, since I could not afford the time to sleuth out what was causing the hassles I had

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject:

Your theory that CleanApp deleted some NeoOffice files seems possible. NeoOffice keeps your preference settings in your ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0 folder and if any of those files are deleted while NeoOffice is running, NeoOffice can act very strange.

If CleanApp deleted that entire folder, things worked the next time you restarted NeoOffice because NeoOffice noticed that there this folder did not exist and created a new one with default preferences.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1