· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Screen size for data projector
Screen size for data projector

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Screen size for data projector

I'm trying to display some presentation slides I created in OOo Impress.

I have a PowerBook G4 w/ 15" monitor. The PowerBook is connected to a Sony PJM12 data projector. When I invoke the slide show, the screen aspect for the slides is messed up. The slides appear correctly on the laptop monitor, however on the data projector the slide image is larger than the display area. All other applications scale correctly when I use the data projector and use Display Mirroring -- ie, they detect the screen size correctly.

I am relatively new to Mac OS X and the use of external data projectors. I have used OOo Impress successfully for data projector slides on the Windows platform. Although I could move the slides over to a Windows machine to project them, I prefer to keep all my work on the Mac.

Thanks for any advice,

- Orest
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I use a similar configuration myself but an NEC projector at work. I've not actually encountered many problems with my presos on it. When you turn on video mirroring, you may want to try lowering the resolution of both screens to make sure you're driving the projector at the right resolution. Note that OOo doesn't work properly in dual-monitor mode, only mirrored video mode (System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement tab > "Mirror Displays" must be checked). I usually find 800x600 works best; 640x480 has worked for me with tempermental projectors at shows.

You'll also notice that the font layout is a bit different at different resolutions, particularly if you're using screen fonts. The spacing between letters goes all wonky. I haven't found a good workaround for that myself except by using scalable fonts.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1