Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Auto filter check boxes?
Auto filter check boxes?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsdl13
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Auto filter check boxes?

Hey there,

after a week of working with NeoOffice I have to say I'm pretty pleased so far. But I ran into some "problems".

I'm working with long time series and I have a data record every 15 minutes. But I only need either hourly, six-hourly or 12-hourly data. Means: I have to filter the data. In Excel when you hit the auto filter button and get the drop down menu for each cell with its filter criterions you can check (or uncheck) boxes for each criterion; in my case I would check the time steps I need and get the data series as I need it. In Neo/OpenOffice apparently I can't show/filter more than one time step at once, which makes it really laborious to get the time series as I need it.
Am I just blind/dumb or is it not possible to filter for more than one criterion?

Thanks!

dsdl13
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject:

I believe you can filter on multiple critera but it is in a separate dialog. Can you select the Data :: Filter :: Advanced Filter menu? Does using that dialog work for you?

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject:

Sorry, I meant the Data :: Filter :: Standard Filter menu, not the Advanced Filter menu. Does using Standard Filter dialog work for you?

Patrick
dsdl13
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject:

Thanks for your quick reply, Patrick! I should have mentioned that I've seen this option (it works only for 3 different criteria).
So I guess unfortunately it's not possible in OO/NO.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject:

dsdl13 wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply, Patrick! I should have mentioned that I've seen this option (it works only for 3 different criteria).
So I guess unfortunately it's not possible in OO/NO.

Yes. It appears that NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code can only handle three criteria.

Although it probably is not ideal, you may want to look at the Data :: Filter :: Advanced Filter menu's dialog. If you look at the help documentation for that dialog, you can define filtering criteria in a range of cells.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1