· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - "Search NeoOffice.org" does not work with some the
"Search NeoOffice.org" does not work with some the

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Template does not work?

slothro wrote:
btw, when I try searching this topic, I get always
"Sorry, this Module isn't active!" back.

Where are you finding the search that gives that result? I thought we had removed all instances of the Nuke search (which does not work) Confused

The "Search" link underneath the ship-banner at the top of the page should work (it's the native search method for just this forum), as should the search box at the top right of the page (it's a Google search of all of NeoOffice.org).

Smokey

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Template does not work?

sardisson wrote:

Where are you finding the search that gives that result? I thought we had removed all instances of the Nuke search (which does not work) Confused

Upper right hand corner of the page, in the same box--but on the opposite side--as the Ship logo.

Lorinda
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Template does not work?

Lorinda wrote:
sardisson wrote:

Upper right hand corner of the page, in the same box--but on the opposite side--as the Ship logo.

Lorinda

Lorinda, why are you responding to a question asked to the original poster?

Also, in the upper right hand corner, all I find is the "Search NeoOffice.org" field (the Google - not Nuke - search), which does not give me the error reported by the OP.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Because I see the same error as the OP. (I tested it again when they asked about it).

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Because I see the same error as the OP. (I tested it again when they asked about it).

Do you have JavaScript disabled or any web browser plugins that filter content? I ask because the Google search in the upper right corner of the page will normally display a warning that you are going to a different site in Firefox.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I turned off JavaScript in Firefox and did not notice any change. I still get Firefox's standard security warning and then I get the Google search results page.

One possible theory is that Google was having problems at some point when both the original poster and Lorinda used the Google search in Trinity's top right corner and now Google's error page is being cached by their web browsers.

To test my theory, can either of you clear your web browser's cache and then try running a search using the "Search NeoOffice.org" on this site?

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject:

It's interesting since that error message is exactly the same as the ones we used to see with the (disabled) Nuke search; that module was in fact not active.

I tried, both logged in and logged out, on a fresh profile (e.g. no existing cache) and got successful Google searches each time.

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Oh! Lorinda and slothro, are either of you using a non-default theme for the site?

Smokey

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I cleared my cache, but the same thing still happens. I never leave the neooffice.org site. The error message I get appears on a page with the NeoOffice header, and the boxes along the left hand side (donate, trinity, rss feeds, etc.). in the "main" section of the page is a rectangle containing the message:

Code:
Sorry, this Module isn't active

and a Go Back link.

Java script is turned on.

This has always happened to me when I've tried to use that search box.

Lorinda
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject:

In Safari, I get a proper Google Search box with the faded "Google custom search" in the empty box and a "Search NeoOffice.org" button next to it.

The appearance of the site in Safari is quite different. I wonder if it has to do with the theme I'm using for the site. I'll experiment and let you know.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
In Safari, I get a proper Google Search box with the faded "Google custom search" in the empty box and a "Search NeoOffice.org" button next to it.

FYI. When you log into this site (logged in users go to HTTPS versions of all of our pages), the faded "Google custom search" should not appear as displaying makes Firefox show a broken security lock for our HTTPS pages.

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Patrick.

In Firefox, I checked all the themes available through the "Your Account" page. Only Slash Ocean displays the Google Search box (albeit without the faded Google logo, as you noted). All the other themes provide search boxes that either display the module not available warning or bring the user to the news page. Many also displayed a drop-down to choose a category that included entries like Linux and OpenOffice.org.

I switched to Safari, logged in and changed the theme back to Kaput (which had been my theme). The Google search box disappeared to be replaced with one that provoked the "module not available" error.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I split this discussion off of the original topic.

When I have some spare time, I will see if I can fix the errors in the non-Slash Ocean themes.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this problem. I replaced the broken search box with the Google search box in each of the themes.

I also disabled use to the Traditional theme and reset the theme to SlashOcean for any users that were using that theme. I did this because while replacing the search box, I noticed that the Traditional theme is missing most of the links that are on the left side of the page in all of the other themes. Because of this, once you change your theme to Traditional, it is very difficult to change it to something else.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1