Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - 2.2.5 new patch - slow stalling quit
2.2.5 new patch - slow stalling quit

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MBP
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: 2.2.5 new patch - slow stalling quit

I did the new patch yesterday ntel and ppc. The intel all day today has a slow quit or stalls a bit during the Neooffice quit. Gets a beach ball - never saw this before. PPC I have not used yet.

can I go back to the older patch?

thank you
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.2.5 new patch - slow stalling quit

MBP wrote:
I did the new patch yesterday ntel and ppc. The intel all day today has a slow quit or stalls a bit during the Neooffice quit. Gets a beach ball - never saw this before. PPC I have not used yet.

I cannot reproduce this. NeoOffice 2.2.5 quits at the same it ever did with the latest patch.

One thing that can slow down quitting is if you have copied a large piece of data in one of your documents to the system clipboard and not yet pasted that data into another application. In this case, NeoOffice will actually prepare the data that you copied for all data flavors that NeoOffice supports.

To test if this is the cause, can you highlight only a small bit of text in a document, select the Edit :: Copy menu, and then quit NeoOffice? Does the hanging during quit still occur?

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject:

While working on an unrelated bug today, I found that my fixes for hanging bug 3425 and crashing bug 2455 was really slowing down the menu update code.

I think that I have fixed the slowness without breaking my fix for the other two bugs and I have posted links to test patches for both NeoOffice 3.0 and NeoOffice 2.2.5 in my last post in bug 3467. Can you copy the applicable link into your web browser, install the test patch, and tell us if the appearance of the Mac OS X spinning beach is significantly reduced?

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject:

FYI. This morning I found one more small peformance improvement. I have added that performance improvement to the ones in the previous test patches and I have posted links to new test patches for both NeoOffice 3.0 and NeoOffice 2.2.5 in my last post in bug 3467. Can you copy the applicable link into your web browser, install the test patch, and tell us if the appearance of the Mac OS X spinning beach is significantly reduced?

Patrick
WalterNeoUser
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Bug fix verified ok

Hi Patrick,

I had the same problem with the menu after upgrading from NeoOffice-2.2.5-Patch-6-PowerPC.dmg to NeoOffice-2.2.5-Patch-11-PowerPC.dmg.

I installed your NeoOffice-2.2.5-Patch-11-Test-1-PowerPC.dmg and I no longer see the problem Very Happy

Thanks,

Walter
MBP
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject:

Yes - Thank you for the new patch - it does seem to work better! I appreciate it very much.
WalterNeoUser
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: With patch problem with "Windows" menu items missi

Hi Patrick,

Now that I have installed the patch I see a maybe related problem.

The menu item "windows" shows the currently open documents. When I have five text documents open and I click on the menu item "windows" I only see four documents. When I click again to close the menu and open it again I see all five documents listed as I would expect.

The problem seems to appear always after switching from one document to an other one (using the same "Windows" menu item.

Note that I write that the menu item is called "Windows" but it might be something else since I use a localized version.

Can this bug be related to your patch?

Best regards,

Walter
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I cannot reproduce this even when I open 5 new Writer documents.

Can anyone other NeoOffice users reproduce this? If so, can you list the steps that you used to reproduce what WalterNeoUser is seeing?

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1