NeoOffice :: View topic - Mac OS X 10.6.2 released
Mac OS X 10.6.2 released

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Mac OS X 10.6.2 released

Today I installed the Mac OS X 10.6.2 system update on my machine. I did some quick tests and NeoOffice 3.0.1 with the latest test patch seems to work OK.

Since 10.6.2 was in testing for many weeks, I assume that Apple has some non-trivial changes in that update. So, if anyone else has installed the Mac OS X 10.6.2 system update, can you install the following test patch and tell us if NeoOffice is working OK for you?

If no Mac OS X 10.6.2 issues are found this week, I will release the code in the following test patch as Patch 1 for NeoOffice 3.0.1 and 2.2.6 early next week:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.1-Patch-0-Test-7-Intel.dmg
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.6-Patch-0-Test-5-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.1-Patch-0-Test-7-PowerPC.dmg
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.6-Patch-0-Test-5-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject:

There's some indication that Apple has cleaned up more of the open/save crashes in 10.6.2, based on data I'm seeing (and noise from the internet).

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject:

I had a very weird thing happen after installing 10.6.2 - I haven't been able to repeat the behaviour, so maybe it was a one-off, but: I had a NeoOffice doc open, and iCal open - and every time I switched to iCal using cmd-tab, NeoOffice hid, so I couldn't see the data I was trying to update my calendar from. Eventually after a lot of opening other windows in other apps, it was clear that it was only when iCal was frontmost that NeoOffice hid - but then it stopped happening.

I mention this here in case you get any other folk with the same issue after updating the OS.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
I had a very weird thing happen after installing 10.6.2 - I haven't been able to repeat the behaviour, so maybe it was a one-off, but: I had a NeoOffice doc open, and iCal open - and every time I switched to iCal using cmd-tab, NeoOffice hid, so I couldn't see the data I was trying to update my calendar from. Eventually after a lot of opening other windows in other apps, it was clear that it was only when iCal was frontmost that NeoOffice hid - but then it stopped happening.

If you bring iCal to the front and select the iCal :: Hide Others menu and switch focus to NeoOffice and back to iCal, does this behavior reappear?

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Different behaviour - the thing was, it was only NeoOffice (and not any of the other open apps) that was getting hidden whenever iCal came to the front. And then it just sorted itself out. I'm assuming it was some kind of post-update temporary Finder glitch.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I found a bug in the Mac OS X 10.6.2 file open dialog. The steps to reproduce the bug are listed in this OpenOffice.org bug.

While I found this in OpenOffice.org's issue tracker, I can easily reproduce this bug in Apple's TextEdit application so it seems pretty clear that something is broken in Apple's native file open dialog code on Snow Leopard.

When I or Fran get a chance, we will add this to the Snow Leopard Upgrade Issues NeoWiki article.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. I found a bug in the Mac OS X 10.6.2 file open dialog. The steps to reproduce the bug are listed in this OpenOffice.org bug.

While I found this in OpenOffice.org's issue tracker, I can easily reproduce this bug in Apple's TextEdit application so it seems pretty clear that something is broken in Apple's native file open dialog code on Snow Leopard.

I have more information on this bug. Apparently it only happens the first time that you open the Mac OS X native file open dialog. Once you have already opened that dialog in any application, this Apple bug will not occur. So, there seems to be some bug in Apple's system-wide initialization code.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1