· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - hassles
hassles

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MBP
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: hassles

for some reason since going to the n new 3.XX and i a still at 2.5???? I have had tones of beachballs.... after 4 years of neo this is getting ridiculous.
i appreciate all of Patrick's and Ed's and now Narf's stuff - i.e. hard work - but i am losing it with Neo - Never thought I would EVER say that! tried 3 and went back to 2 but God damn it - arghhhhh!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: hassles

MBP wrote:
for some reason since going to the n new 3.XX and i a still at 2.5???? I have had tones of beachballs.... after 4 years of neo this is getting ridiculous.
i appreciate all of Patrick's and Ed's and now Narf's stuff - i.e. hard work - but i am losing it with Neo - Never thought I would EVER say that! tried 3 and went back to 2 but God damn it - arghhhhh!

I am moving this to the ranting since there really is no question here and obviously has not bothered to try the performance improvements in the test patch that I worked on specifically for the problem that MBP previously reported in this forum topic. At least have the courtesy to acknowledge the work we have done to fix problems that you reported before complaining.

Let's cut to the chase: how many more posts about how you do not like NeoOffice 3.0 are you going to post? As we said before, NeoOffice 2.2.5 is still supported and we plan on continuing to support it. Since we cannot "unrelease" NeoOffice 3.0, why not just use NeoOffice 2.2.5?

Patrick
MBP
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject:

sorry as many as it takes to comment on the new situation - i thought i was trying to help you know that i have had issues.

sorry - back to pages! Unfortunately.... i do not appreciate copping an attitude when i was trying to help you out re; an issue.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject:

This is a follow-up to MBP's post in this topic:

MBP wrote:
you guys are going to bash me again unfairly - but screw it - since I had applied the patches even with 3.5 since the 3,0 release I have had issues and also major slowdowns. esp on my powerbook . the macbook pro has also had these issues but not so slow since it is faster.

In all honesty - things have went backwards... and i know you do not like to hear this - but the truth is the truth. I have been a supporter of Neo in another life but this is rather bad news.

sooooo other people have this issues too.

Of course. We're aware of the issues, but some of them can't be fixed with our limited resources. Some can be worked around, sometimes with mixed results. However, Patrick's got about as much out of NeoOffice 2 as he could; he can't backport all of OOo 3.0's features in Neo 2.2.5, so at some point he had to move forward.

Besides, not everyone is affected by NeoOffice's issues as much as you are. Some people, however, find Neo 3 more difficult, slower or less stable than Neo 2, and that's why NeoOffice 2.2.5 is still available and supported.

Regarding you getting "bashed", this topic does not contain a specific question or issue, but rather mentions "tons of beachballs". Unfortunately, that's too vague to help figure out what could be causing the beachballs and determining whether they can be fixed/reduced or not. You also express your frustration with Neo 3, which, while quite understandable, again doesn't help us improve NeoOffice.

Finally, despite reporting beachballs in this topic, you didn't help test the patches Patrick came up with to improve the performance of NeoOffice and hopefully reduce beachballs (and yet found the time to post this other, rather vague topic).

These are the reasons why your topic got moved to the ranting forum.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1