Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - spreadsheet printout page size
spreadsheet printout page size

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gardener
Sentinel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: spreadsheet printout page size

I am using an iMac 10.5.6 and Neooffice 3.0. I have just finished a neooffice spreadsheet project and went to print it out. In page preview/page format/page I specified margins for each page as left= .29", right= .29", top= .29" and bottom= .19". When I went to print preview with my printer it showed HUGE margins. I have looked and cannot find help anywhere.

Anyone know what I can do???
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject:

Two possibilities come to mind. One is that your figures have been mistyped and you are getting (e.g.) 2.9 inches instead of 2.9 inches. The second possibility is that on the pages with huge margins there is just slightly too little room to print the next column. It is therefore displaced onto the next page leaving a margin equal to almost the width of a column more than the margin you have set. If you choose View::Page Break Preview this will give an indication of where the page breaks fall, and you can tweak the margin settings (or, I suppose, the column sizes) to get the best fit for your document.

If this doesn't help, are you able to post your document so we can investigate further, or is it confidential?
gardener
Sentinel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject:

The numbers check. So have attached my file. Appreciate your help.
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for uploading this. Your document is set to scale down its printout to two thirds of its size (67%), and I think that is what your problem is.

Choose Format::Page… and then click the Sheet tab. In the lower section of the dialog (Scaling) select Reduce/enlarge printout as your Scaling mode and set the Scaling factor to 100%.

Does this solve your problem?
gardener
Sentinel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Ah ---- such an easy fix. In all my wanderings around menus, I didn't land on this. I can't thank you enough. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You just really made my day!!!!!!!
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Glad to have helped. FWIW I selected Format::Page… and then clicked the Organizer tab. The Contains section at the bottom of that dialog summarized layout features in your document including the printout scaling. Then I used Help and Find to track down how to set it.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1