Aqua menu patch available for testing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject:

kevmck wrote:
Yoxi - I am still able to keep the application open with document windows closed. I used the cmd-w keyboard combo to close the open document, but the application stays open in the same way that it did before. That is to say, it does keep an empty place-keeping window open (grey background) which is different than most applications, but it works. Smile

Ditto, works this way for me too. Yoxi, try moving your NeoOffice/J folder in your ~/Library/ to somewhere else, restarting NO/J and see if that fixes it. If it does then something went wrong with your support folder.

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Menu Patch

pluby wrote:
gldfshkpr wrote:
Downloaded and installed the Menu Patch and I get nothing diffrerent when I run NeoJ. I have the latest patches. Any ideas?

Did you download the patch from the main Neo/J download site? If so, you got the non-Aqua menu patch. I didn't feel that the Aqua menus were fully tested so I only have links to the non-Aqua menus patch on the main download site.

The Aqua menus patch is here:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/downloads/patches/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Alpha_2-Patch-3-Aqua-Menus.dmg

Note that it has "Aqua-Menus" in the file name.

Patrick

Yes, I downloaded the patch from the link you sent me via email. I've cleared my system and user cache as well as repaired permissions serveral times now and installed twice. I still have an old folder from before the Alpha update. Could the latest patch have gone there? Any ideas?
gldfshkpr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Menu Patch

Nope. The old folder in usr/library has not been modified since Sep 27th. That's when the new folder was created for the Alpha update which shows a modification date of today. I'm not sure what is happening.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Menu Patch

gldfshkpr wrote:
Nope. The old folder in usr/library has not been modified since Sep 27th. That's when the new folder was created for the Alpha update which shows a modification date of today. I'm not sure what is happening.

So your Neo/J installation is not in a subdirectory of /Applications? If it is elsewhere, the patch installer will not find it (scouring your entire disk can make the installer appear to hang).

To work around this, move your Neo/J folder into the /Applications folder, run the patch installer, and then move your Neo/J folder back to where you want it.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Oh, and with the aqua menus version, I can no longer close all docs but keep NeoJ open as an app - sob...

Oh, right - cmd-W/File->Close - how embarrassing! Since the X to close the last doc wasn't there any more, and since closing the window shut down the app, I never got around to starting it up again and checking the menu items before writing my post above.

As regards the 'draw window in its remembered position twice' thing,
Quote:
That behavior is not new. That is just OOo's "open in last saved position" code kicking in.

...why does it need to position the window twice over? It's doing it once to draw the window itself, but then again just before drawing the doc into it, which seems really redundant to me. But if that's in the Ooo code, I guess we're stuck with it.

- yoxi[/quote]
gldfshkpr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Patrick, the NeoOfficeJ application resides in my /application directory. Folders called NeoOfficej and NeoOfficeJ-1.1 reside in /usr/library. I moved the latter folder to my /application directory and ran the install. Still nothing. Is that what you meant for my to try? I'd love to see the new menu. All previous installs have gone flawlessly. Can't understand this one!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject:

gldfshkpr wrote:
Patrick, the NeoOfficeJ application resides in my /application directory. Folders called NeoOfficej and NeoOfficeJ-1.1 reside in /usr/library. I moved the latter folder to my /application directory and ran the install. Still nothing. Is that what you meant for my to try? I'd love to see the new menu. All previous installs have gone flawlessly. Can't understand this one!

I was confused. I was talking about the NeoOfficeJ.app directory. You don't need to ever move the ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ* directories as these directories only contain custom user preferences.

There might be a bug in the patch installer. Can you rerun the patch installer and at the end, just before you press the installer's "Close" button, select the File -> Show Log menu item, press the "Save" button, and send me the file at patrick dot luby at planamesa dot com.

Patrick
gldfshkpr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Menu Patch

Patrick,

My install log is on it's way. The first email is sans attachment. The second one has it.

Kirk
antonrang

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: oops, print hangs now?

open a spreadsheet, hit command-p (or choose print from the file menu), print dialog appears ... and is hung.

haven't tried the non-aqua-menus version of the latest patch yet.

-- anton
gldfshkpr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Menu Patch

Boy, do I feel dumb. I was looking at the toolbar icons. Embarassed The new menu is very nice. Sorry to put you through that, Patrick and good work Ed!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Menu Patch

gldfshkpr wrote:
Boy, do I feel dumb. I was looking at the toolbar icons. Embarassed The new menu is very nice. Sorry to put you through that, Patrick and good work Ed!

Well, I'm happy that everything works. Smile

Patrick
M-Rick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Just miss the icons and the windows color and everything will ok. Smile

The look of Office 2004 is pretty good, if we can have icons like this, that will be a very nice piece of software ! Smile
Luke
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations again , to Patrick and Ed. The native menus are great, and I haven't found any bugs in the app yet!

There may be a minor installer bug. It writes a lot of stuff to the console log, on the lines of
Code:
 2004-10-07 20:02:20.053 runner[466] Unable to touch /var/tmp/.NeoOfficeJ.patch/./Contents: No such file or directory
2004-10-07 20:02:20.053 runner[466] Unable to touch /var/tmp/.NeoOfficeJ.patch/./Contents/help: No such file or directory
2004-10-07 20:02:20.053 runner[466] Unable to touch /var/tmp/.NeoOfficeJ.patch/./Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

Checking in Terminal shows that the directory /var/tmp/.NeoOfficeJ.patch exists, but is empty. This seems to occur during the prebinding update

System log:-
Code:
Oct  7 20:02:21 localhost /usr/bin/update_prebinding: update_prebinding started with cmd line: /usr/bin/update_prebinding -root / -installroot / -pkgs /Library/Receipts/NeoOfficeJ.pkg /var/tmp/.NeoOfficeJ.patch

Luke
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Small bug filed.

This is A step!
I love our new menus... and filed a small bug about menu bar reappearing.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
There may be a minor installer bug. It writes a lot of stuff to the console log, on the lines of
Code:
 2004-10-07 20:02:20.053 runner[466] Unable to touch /var/tmp/.NeoOfficeJ.patch/./Contents: No such file or directory
2004-10-07 20:02:20.053 runner[466] Unable to touch /var/tmp/.NeoOfficeJ.patch/./Contents/help: No such file or directory
2004-10-07 20:02:20.053 runner[466] Unable to touch /var/tmp/.NeoOfficeJ.patch/./Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

Checking in Terminal shows that the directory /var/tmp/.NeoOfficeJ.patch exists, but is empty. This seems to occur during the prebinding update

These are the result of my hacks to the Mac OS X installer to force updating of multiple installations. I basically have the installer always install in a place where I know that you won't have Neo/J and then I copy the files to all the real Neo/J installations that I find.

It would be nicer to allow the user to just select the Neo/J installation directory, but the Mac OS X installer does not allow you to select a *.app directory in its selection dialog. Sad Hence all of the hacking.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9