Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - colour palettes close themselves in winOoo, but not in Neo/J
colour palettes close themselves in winOoo, but not in Neo/J

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: colour palettes close themselves in winOoo, but not in Neo/J

In the winxx version of Ooo, when I click on a colour in a colour palette to choose it (for example to change text or background colour of a selection), the palette window closes itself as well as implementing the colour choice.

In Neo/J and X11 Ooo, I still have to close the colour palette afterwards each time, (though at least in Neo/J I can just click on the doc again to get rid of the palette). It'd be nice if the palette threw itself away after the colour was chosen.

- yoxi
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Are you sure it is closing? Or is it just moving behind the document window? I ask because the X11 and Neo/J versions use a different algorithm for moving windows behind each other than is used for the Windows platforms. On Windows, the OOo code uses some functions that don't have exact equivalents to Mac OS X's window stacking functions.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject:

If by "it" you mean the Neo/J palette, you're right - and I'm being really unobservant this evening... each different palette that gets opened ends up behind the doc window after clicking on the doc, unless I close them specifically.

I suppose that having them ready back there makes them pop up faster the next time I call them, but I'd still prefer it if they just closed themselves upon selecting the colour, and gave focus back to the selected text in the doc without needing the extra mouse-click.

Is that a possibility?

- yoxi
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1