Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice Mobile crashes desktop NeoOffice
NeoOffice Mobile crashes desktop NeoOffice

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stunur
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice Mobile crashes desktop NeoOffice

I just today downloaded the mobile version. When I tried to save a document to my mobile account, the "saving and uploading" window opened, but then NeoOffice crashed during the process.

If this problem has already been addressed, I apologize. I could not find it.

Matt
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for reporting this.

Please attach a crash log. Instructions for locating a crash log can be found here

Please be sure to attach the crash log, don't paste in the message body here. For information on how to do that, see this post.

Also, it would help to know which version of NeoOffice you are using, including patch numberand (if known) test patch number.

Lorinda
stunur
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Mobile crashing desktop

I'm using NeoOffice 3.0 Patch 5

Attached is the crash report.

Matt
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the crash log. After looking at the crash log, I think I know where the crash is occurring so I will implement a fix and post a test patch for you to try later today.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject:

I have created bug 3499 to track this. When there is status to report from the bug it will be posted here.

--fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject:

I think that I have found the cause of this bug and I have included a fix it. Can you install the following test patch and tell us if the crashing still occurs? If it still occurs, can you attach a new crash log?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0-Patch-5-Test-3-Intel.dmg
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.5-Patch-13-Test-3-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0-Patch-5-Test-3-PowerPC.dmg
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.5-Patch-13-Test-3-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
stunur
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject:

The application no longer crashes, and the upload to NeoOffice Mobile was successful. It's accessible on the iPod, now.

(I did, however, have some trouble when opening NeoOffice initiated document recovery for documents which were *not* left open on the application when it was last closed. After closing and opening a few times, and a restart, that problem has not reappeared.)

Thanks,

Matt
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject:

stunur wrote:
The application no longer crashes, and the upload to NeoOffice Mobile was successful. It's accessible on the iPod, now.

Good to hear that there is no more crashing.

stunur wrote:
(I did, however, have some trouble when opening NeoOffice initiated document recovery for documents which were *not* left open on the application when it was last closed. After closing and opening a few times, and a restart, that problem has not reappeared.)

As part of the upload process, the NeoOffice Mobile code invokes various NeoOffice's functions to make a copy of the current document and we upload that copy. My guess is that the crash recovery was trying to recover the temporary copies that NeoOffice Mobile creates.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1