Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice Support web page translation request
NeoOffice Support web page translation request

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice Support web page translation request

Patrick and I have updated the NeoOffice support page to reflect our new priority support for NeoOffice donors.

If anyone has time, can you translate the following text? Any and all translations are very much appreciated.

Check the Support page at the following url because some parts of the text may already be translated:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/contact.php

Quote:
I am having problems. How can I get help?

In most cases, the fastest way to find an answer for a problem is to enter a short description of the problem in the text box at the top of this page and press the Search NeoOffice.org button next to it. If any users have had the same problem as you, searching our site may give you an immediate answer for the problem.

If you cannot find an answer by searching our site, the next fastest way to find an answer is to enter OpenOffice and a short description of the problem in Google or your favorite search engine. Since NeoOffice is based on the OpenOffice.org office suite, searching for the same problem in OpenOffice.org may also give you an immediate answer.

If you cannot find an answer by searching for the same problem in OpenOffice.org, you can post a description of the problem in the NeoOffice Support forum. Please note that the NeoOffice Support forum is staffed entirely by a small number of volunteers so please be patient. If you do not get an immediate response to your question, it probably means that either no one knows the answer to your question or there are not many other users online. So please be patient and, if you have time, help other users by posting answers to any questions that you know the answer to.

Priority support for NeoOffice.org donors

The NeoOffice project is funded entirely by donations from our users. Since over half of our donations come from a small percentage of our users, we give top priority to answering any problems posted by NeoOffice.org donors in the NeoOffice Support forum. Giving our donors priority support is a way for us to thank our most generous users.

Users who have donated more than a few dollars or Euros within the last year should see one or more gold stars next to their name in any of their posts in the NeoOffice forums. These gold stars allow us to identify NeoOffice.org donors and their donation level. The only people that can see these gold stars are you and the small group of NeoOffice forum moderators.

If you do not see any gold stars next to your name and you have donated more than a few dollars or Euros within the last year, we recommend that you ensure that you have linked your donations to your NeoOffice forums account. You can link your donations to your NeoOffice forums account by logging into the NeoOffice forums, going to the Profile page, and filling out the Donation Preferences section.

How can I get notified of patch and release announcements?

If you want to receive announcements whenever a patch or new release of NeoOffice is available, we recommend that you use one or both of the following options:

* Subscribe to our release announcements RSS feed by clicking on this RSS feed using your web browser or RSS aggregrator
* Register for e-mail notification of any release announcements posted in this forum topic by logging into the NeoOffice Support Forums and then clicking on this link

Thank you,

--fran

Edit 1 by narf: changed forum administrators to forum moderators
Edit 2 by narf: added links in quoted text
Edit 3 by narf: added notification section

Last edited by narf on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice Support web page translation request

In French, this rough outline could need some polish… Wink

Quote:
J'ai un problème. Comment puis-je obtenir de l'aide ?

Dans la plupart des situations, la manière la plus rapide de résoudre un problème est de saisir une courte description du problème que vous rencontrez dans la boîte de recherche en haut de cette page et de presser le bouton latéral Search NeoOffice.org. Si l'un de nos utilisateurs a eu le même problème, la recherche sur notre site devrait vous apporter une réponse immédiate.

Si vous ne pouvez obtenir une réponse en faisant une recherche sur notre site, la solution suivante la plus rapide est de saisir dans le dialogue de recherche Google (ou de votre moteur de recherche favori) OpenOffice et une description succincte du problème. Comme NeoOffice est basé sur la suite OpenOffice.org, une recherche dans OpenOffice.org peut vous donner une réponse immédiate.

Si vous ne pouvez obtenir de réponse dans OpenOffice.org, vous pouvez poster un message dans le forum de support de NeoOffice. Veuillez noter que le forum de support de NeoOffice est entièrement animé par un petit nombre de volontaires, aussi soyez patient. Si vous ne recevez pas de réponse immédiate à votre question, il est probable que personne ne connaît la réponse à votre problème ou bien qu'il n'y a pas beaucoup d'autres utilisateurs du forum en ligne. Soyez donc patient… Si vous en avez le temps et si vous pouvez répondre à une question posée, aidez les autres utilisateurs.

Support prioritaire pour les donateurs à NeoOffice.org

Le projet NeoOffice est financé entièrement sur les dons de nos utilisateurs.
Comme plus de la moitié des dons proviennent d'un petit pourcentage de nos utilisateurs, nous donnons une priorité de réponse à tous les questions posées par les donateurs dans le forum de support de NeoOffice. Donner une telle priorité est notre manière de remercier nos généreux contributeurs.

Les utilisateurs qui ont donné plus de quelques euros ou dollars au cours de l'année devrait voir une ou plusieurs étoiles dorées à côté de leur nom dans l'un de leurs messages posté dans les forums de NeoOffice. Ces étoiles dorées nous permettent d'identifier les donateurs à NeoOffice.org et de visualiser le niveau de leur don. Ces étoiles dorées ne peuvent êtres vues que par vous et le petit groupe des administrateurs du forum de NeoOffice.

Si vous ne pouvez voir d'étoiles dorées à côté de votre nom alors que vous fait un don de quelques euros ou dollars pendant l'année passée, nous vous recommandons de vérifier si vous avez bien lié vos dons dans votre compte du forum NeoOffice. Vous pouvez relier vos dons à votre compte, en vous connectant sur le forum NeoOffice, puis en allant à la page Profile, et en remplissant la section Donation Preferences.

Comment être averti de la disponibilité de patch ou de nouvelle version

Si vous voulez être averti chaque fois qu'un nouveau patch ou une nouvelle version est disponible, nous vous recommandons d'utiliser l'une ou les deux options suivantes :

* Souscrire à notre flux RSS de d'annonces de mise à jour en cliquant sur ce lien RSS dans votre navigateur ou votre agrégateur RSS

* Vous enregistrer pour une notification par courriel de n'importe quelle annonce de mise à jour postée dans un des forums de support de NeoOffice en vous connectant aux forums de support de NeoOffice et en cliquant ensuite sur ce lien.

Text in italic could be removed (in my opinion).

I have problem with manual link syntax on this forum…some links need to be added.

For translated pages, I think that we should add, that messages should be posted in English first but also in your language… (OpenOffice fora may be more 'localized',). For French reading people http://user.services.openoffice.org/fr/forum/index.php could be useful and non antiNeoOffice Wink

I hope that my rough English will be understandable Embarassed

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject:

Fran:

I wondering if this sentence:

Quote:
The only people that can see these gold stars are you and the small group of NeoOffice forum administrators.
should be changed to
Quote:
The only people that can see these gold stars are you and the small group of NeoOffice forum administrators and moderators.

As those of use who are moderators (i.e. on the Council) can see the stars, be we aren't forum administrators.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
I wondering if this sentence:

Quote:
The only people that can see these gold stars are you and the small group of NeoOffice forum administrators.
should be changed to
Quote:
The only people that can see these gold stars are you and the small group of NeoOffice forum administrators and moderators.

As those of use who are moderators (i.e. on the Council) can see the stars, be we aren't forum administrators.

This was my mistake. I wrote administrators and meant moderators. For security reasons, Ed, Fran, and I rarely use our administrator accounts so I Have changed.

Would "modérateurs" be the correct French translation of this word?

Patrick
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Would "modérateurs" be the correct French translation of this word?Patrick

Yes

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice Support web page translation request

hi_RAM wrote:
Text in italic could be removed (in my opinion).

I put that text in their because below US$4, no stars will ever appear. While the number that donate less than that is small, we do see more than a few donations of less than US$1 a week. Whether these donors are not seeing the Skip Donation button or are trying to make a point I do not know, but really small donations get used up by PayPal or credit card transaction processing fees so our code does not attach any donation stars for donations below US$4.

hi_RAM wrote:
For translated pages, I think that we should add, that messages should be posted in English first but also in your language… (OpenOffice fora may be more 'localized',). For French reading people http://user.services.openoffice.org/fr/forum/index.php could be useful and non antiNeoOffice Wink

In our first draft, we had more detail on that page. However, we noticed that in most web browsers more detail in the first section pushed the donor's section off the page. There is already a lot of text on that page and I wish I could make it shorter as I think the existing length may cause users to miss some useful hints.

Because of this, I am reluctant to add detailed posting instructions like this on that page. If a donor posts in French, I can usually get an idea of what they are asking using my Spanish and Italian skills (those don't help when someone speaks French but the syntax of Romance languages looks pretty similar to me) and formulate a reasonable response so that they are not stuck.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice Support web page translation request

Hi hi_RAM,

Thank you for the French translation. I will let you know when your translation is on the website.

hi_RAM wrote:
I have problem with manual link syntax on this forum…some links need to be added.

I have updated the quoted text of my original post to contain the links. I had initially left them off for ease of editing, but I now see that caused confusion so I added them back.

--fran
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:

The French translation of the NeoOffice support web page is now on the NeoOffice.org website.

Many thanks to hi_RAM for providing the translation.

--fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Since our support web page has a section about our priority support for NeoOffice.org donors, I have added an optional text box in the main website's donation form that users can enter their Trinity user name (or their NeoOffice Mobile user name when it goes live in September) and both the Trinity and NeoOffice Mobile code will automatically link any donations that match the user name that you entered.

If anyone can translate the following explanatory text that I added in the donation form, I would be very thankful:

Quote:
Do you have a NeoOffice Support forum account?
If yes, enter your account's user name and we will automatically link your donation to your account:
User name (optional):

Patrick
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Do you have a NeoOffice Support forum account?
If yes, enter your account's user name and we will automatically link your donation to your account:
User name (optional):

Quote:
Avez-vous un compte sur le forum de support de NeoOffice?
Si oui, entrez votre nom d'utilisateur et nous relierons votre don automatiquement à votre compte :
Nom d'utilisateur (optionnel):

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the French translation hi_RAM.

I have posted it to main website's French donation form.

Let me know if there are any errors.

--fran
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Avec chaque nouvelle version de NeoOffice, le nombre de téléchargements et d'utilisateurs actifs sur le forum de test et de support ne cessent d'augmenter. La bande passante, les machines et les frais d'hébergement nécessaires pour supporter les téléchargements libres et le forum ont un vrai coût.

I think un coût certain could be better

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject:

hi_RAM wrote:
I think un coût certain could be better

Thank you for the French translation. I have posted it to the website.

--fran
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1