Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - How to know the total amount of my donations?
How to know the total amount of my donations?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XFox
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: How to know the total amount of my donations?

Is there a way for a user to know the amount of funds he/she donated?
NeoOffice.org surely know this value, since it's used to determine Early Access Program eligibility and donation level for each user, but I failed to find where it's exposed. Is it actually available somewhere?
If not, it could be a useful feature to add to the user profile page, maybe with the possibility to query the system for the funds donated in the last 3, 6, 12 months or for all the donations ever made.
As a matter of fact, I think that many users don't remember all the donations ever made and it's not always quick and easy to try to figure it out.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: How to know the total amount of my donations?

XFox wrote:
NeoOffice.org surely know this value, since it's used to determine Early Access Program eligibility and donation level for each user, but I failed to find where it's exposed. Is it actually available somewhere?

No. It is not available anywhere. The only data that this site and the Early Access system track is running totals so there is no list that you can query. You can roughly figure out your donation totals in the last year for your e-mail address from the donation stars (or lack thereof) next to your user name in your posts.

If you are looking for a list of detail payments, I recommend that you log into your PayPal account. If you paid by credit card without a PayPal account, PayPal reserves the e-mail address that you used for your credit card payment and so you can setup a PayPal account for that e-mail address to view all of your payments.

XFox wrote:
If not, it could be a useful feature to add to the user profile page, maybe with the possibility to query the system for the funds donated in the last 3, 6, 12 months or for all the donations ever made.
As a matter of fact, I think that many users don't remember all the donations ever made and it's not always quick and easy to try to figure it out.

Since you last posted there have been some changes in NeoOffice development and support. Our low donation rates over the last year have forced us to cut back development.

Because of the shoestring budget that we operate under, making big enhancements to the phpNuke software the we use to run this site is very unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future and our development time has been limited to fixing critical crashing and hanging bugs in NeoOffice.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How to know the total amount of my donations?

XFox wrote:

You can take a look at the number of stars that appear by your name in the forums. In this post by pluby there is a chart showing what the number of stars corresponds to in donations:

Less than US$4 = 0 stars
US$4 or more = 1 star
US$8 or more = 2 stars
US$16 or more = 3 stars
US$32 or more = 4 stars
US$64 or more = 5 stars

Note: only you, the forum moderators and administrators see the number of stars by your name. Other users do not.

--fran

Cribbed from a post of Lorinda's in the NeoOffice support forum.
XFox
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Thanks fran and pluby for the thorough answers.
I was already aware of the cutbacks you are forced to operate and understand the situation.
I still hope that better times will come, in the meanwhile I'll do my part trying to persuade NeoOffice users I know to donate! Smile
Just count this thread as a +1 vote for the proposed enhancement.
Kind regards.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I was fixing a bug in Trinity's underlying phpNuke code and while I was doing that I found that I was able to modify the account profile page to display the total amount of donations in the last year for your account in US dollars.

This is probably not what you were hoping for, but at least it should give you a rough idea of the amount of your donations that our system knows.

Hope that helps.

Patrick
XFox
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Hope that helps.

Yes, it helps a lot, thank you very much! Smile
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1