NeoOffice :: View topic - report from the desert
report from the desert

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: report from the desert

so i am happy to report that ed is indeed a real person and not just a shell script that patrick wrote in his spare time.

on a side note, perhaps it is a good thing we live on opposite coasts.
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject:

Hehe, did Ed maroon you in the Death Valley? Wink
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: report from the desert

jakeOSX wrote:
so i am happy to report that ed is indeed a real person and not just a shell script that patrick wrote in his spare time.

But maybe I am just a shell script that Ed wrote in his spare time. Smile
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: report from the desert

jakeOSX wrote:
on a side note, perhaps it is a good thing we live on opposite coasts.

Having just spent an evening with a local friend, a bottle of Patron Silver, a deck of nekkid lady playing cards (they were in the console of the car, we just never got to them jake), it is *definitely* a good thing Jake and I aren't conveniently located and drink often Smile

Still, I must thank Jake for a wonderful time and some truly wonderful company. And all the beer he bought me!!!!!! After so many times of missing each other on the left coast, it was great to finally get together.

I must admit that when I got involved with open source in general I never expected the "social connection" aspect of open source to be so cool and rewarding. It may be due to the nature of the projects and its goals though. I've never met a cool Mono developer in person, for example Wink

Here's hoping our collective coolness can continue to keep assholes at bay and hopefully we can all organize a joint binge drinking session in the near future!!!

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1