Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - set neooffice to my language
set neooffice to my language

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mychrissie
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: set neooffice to my language

Although I set the language to German (the language to which my system is set too) the user interface uses German and English keywords instead of strictly German words.

How can I change this?

Obwohl ich Neooffice auf Deutsch umgestellt habe (auch mein Mac Betriebssystem ist auf Deutsch eingestellt) offeriert mir das Bedienungsmenü jede menge englischer Begriffe. Kann man das ändern?

Shocked
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject:

Can you give some examples of items that are in German and items that are in English?

The problem may be that the German UI set is not complete, but it could be something else.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject:

There should not be any German showing in the NeoOffice Mobile floating window or the NeoOffice Mobile web page as we have not translated any of the NeoOffice Mobile user interface to German.

Because of this, installing NeoOffice's German language pack will only add translations to non-NeoOffice Mobile menus and windows and NeoOffice Mobile will still show in English.

Since we do not speak or write German, we rely on volunteers to translate the NeoOffice Mobile user interface for us. So far, the only translations that volunteers have provided are French translations.

If you would like to volunteer to translate the NeoOffice Mobile user interface for us, let us know and I will post the English text and instructions on how to post the translations.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject:

mychrissie,

I received your offer to translate NeoOffice Mobile in your Private Message.

NeoOffice Mobile has translations in two places: a few (like the NeoOffice Mobile menu and the NeoOffice Mobile floating window's status bar and cancel button) are bundled with NeoOffice. The rest (like the actual NeoOffice Mobile login and publish pages) are on our web server.

Since it is more difficult to update the translations bundled with NeoOffice, let's handle those first. Once the following messages are translated, I can post the web server messages in a later post.

Below are the NeoOffice Mobile menus and messages that are bundled with NeoOffice. If you can post the matching German messages, I will then post a test patch that has your translations so you can test them. Please only replace the text that is surrounded by double quotes (") and leave the NEOMOBILE... words untranslated:

Code:

NEOMOBILEWHATISMENU, "What is NeoOffice Mobile?",
        NEOMOBILEOPENMENU, "Open NeoOffice Mobile",
        NEOMOBILECANCEL, "Cancel",
        NEOMOBILEDOWNLOADCANCELED, "Download canceled",
        NEOMOBILEDOWNLOADFAILED, "Download failed",
        NEOMOBILEDOWNLOADINGFILE, "Downloading file…",
        NEOMOBILEERROR, "Error:",
        NEOMOBILEEXPORTINGFILE, "Exporting file…",
        NEOMOBILELOADING, "Loading…",
        NEOMOBILEPRODUCTNAME, "NeoOffice Mobile",
        NEOMOBILEUPLOADCONTINUE, "Do you still want to upload this document?",
        NEOMOBILEUPLOADINGFILE, "Uploading file…",
        NEOMOBILEUPLOADPASSWORDPROTECTED, "This document will be uploaded without any password protection",
        NEOMOBILEUPLOAD, "Upload",

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Edit by pluby: Added NeoOffice Mobile menus to list of messages

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject:

To Dutch, the following translations can be used. Not that the NeoOffice Mobile server-side file is so huge that I do not expect to be able to tackle it for some time, if ever.

Code:

NEOMOBILECANCEL, "Annuleer",
        NEOMOBILEDOWNLOADCANCELED, "Ophalen geannuleerd",
        NEOMOBILEDOWNLOADFAILED, "Ophalen mislukt",
        NEOMOBILEDOWNLOADINGFILE, "Bestand ophalen…",
        NEOMOBILEERROR, "Fout:",
        NEOMOBILEEXPORTINGFILE, "Bestand Exporteren…",
        NEOMOBILELOADING, "Laden…",
        NEOMOBILEPRODUCTNAME, "NeoOffice Mobiel",
        NEOMOBILEUPLOADCONTINUE, "Wilt u dit document alsnog verzenden?",
        NEOMOBILEUPLOADINGFILE, "Bestand verzenden…",
        NEOMOBILEUPLOADPASSWORDPROTECTED, "Dit document wordt verzonden zonder bescherming met een wachtwoord",
        NEOMOBILEUPLOAD, "Verzend",

I am fairly traditional in that I try to avoid english words that are commonly used in Dutch, such as 'upload'. I just dislike the way they look in Dutch written text.

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
I am fairly traditional in that I try to avoid english words that are commonly used in Dutch, such as 'upload'. I just dislike the way they look in Dutch written text.

It appears that we added new messages after you did your last Dutch translation and so you are seeing NeoOffice Mobile fallback to those new English messages that have no matching Dutch translations. After adding your latest translations, your new Dutch translations show instead of the English text.

Also, I changed "NeoOffice Mobile" to "NeoOffice Mobiel" in the Dutch menus so that the name is localized everywhere. I did the same for Spanish ("NeoOffice Móvil") and Portuguese ("NeoOffice Móvel").

I will post a test patch with the changes today or tomorrow.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
It appears that we added new messages after you did your last Dutch translation and so you are seeing NeoOffice Mobile fallback to those new English messages that have no matching Dutch translations. After adding your latest translations, your new Dutch translations show instead of the English text.

I wasn't seeing anything, because I do not have a mobile phone and don't use NeoOffice Mobile. I just wanted to add the Dutch translation, without realising I had translated some of it already Embarassed..

pluby wrote:
Also, I changed "NeoOffice Mobile" to "NeoOffice Mobiel" in the Dutch menus so that the name is localized everywhere. I did the same for Spanish ("NeoOffice Móvil") and Portuguese ("NeoOffice Móvel").

Sound fine Smile

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have included Oscar's Dutch translations and my Spanish and Portuguese changes to NeoOffice Mobile in the following test patch. Can anyone install the test patch and tell us if the Dutch, Spanish, or Portuguese translations look OK to you?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.1-Patch-1-Test-6-Intel.dmg
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.6-Patch-1-Test-5-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.1-Patch-1-Test-6-PowerPC.dmg
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2.2.6-Patch-1-Test-5-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Nothing seems translated except the cancel button (which is probably inherited from OOo. The menu items are still in English. Though there might be some caching issue that keeps your work from showing.

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Nothing seems translated except the cancel button (which is probably inherited from OOo. The menu items are still in English. Though there might be some caching issue that keeps your work from showing.

The problem is that the Intel test patches do not have an updated neomobile.oxt file. For some reason, I failed to get the updated build file on my Intel machine from our CVS repository when I spun the test patch so while the neomobile.oxt file was rebuilt on my Intel machine, it was not included in the patch and so you only see the old translations that you provided (your old Cancel translation was different than your current one).

I have respun both of the Intel test patches with the latest build file so if you redownload the Intel test patch and reinstall, do you now see the translations?

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject:

Actually, I think one part of the old translation was better:

Code:
NEOMOBILECANCEL, "Annuleer",

should be

Code:
NEOMOBILECANCEL, "Annuleren"

Not because it is more correct, but because the rest of NeoOffice uses 'annuleren' for its buttons as well. Consistency and such. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Not because it is more correct, but because the rest of NeoOffice uses 'annuleren' for its buttons as well. Consistency and such. My apologies for the inconvenience.

It required very little effort to change the translation back to the original translation so that is done. However, it is a bit more time consuming to respin and upload all of the patches so I will wait to do that later in the hope that the original poster posts their German translations in the next few days.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject:

No worries, there is no hurry at all.

But I don't think that all of the new translations should be undone. Particularly the new bit where 'NeoOffice Mobiel' appears in the localised NL menus..

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
But I don't think that all of the new translations should be undone. Particularly the new bit where 'NeoOffice Mobiel' appears in the localised NL menus..

I understand. I only changed the NEOMOBILECANCEL message back to "Annuleren" for Dutch. I did not change any other localized messages and they will be the same as those in the last test patch that I reuploaded yesterday.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Okidoki. I think I misunderstood.

Best wishes,
Oscar

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2