· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - "Page Preview" 'return to first page' icon wrong
"Page Preview" 'return to first page' icon wrong

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: "Page Preview" 'return to first page' icon wrong

I just noticed this, and I don't have time to investigate ATM if it's an OOo bug or a missing icon, but….

1) Open a spreadsheet that will require multiple pages to print in the "Page Preview" view (File: Page Preview, or the "magnifying-glass-on-a-page" icon in the toolbar)
2) Observe the icon for "return to the first page" (it's easier to see on the second or subsequent pages, when it's enabled instead of disabled)
3) Note that it's not Armando's nice icon, at least in small icon view.

There's a screenshot attached. 3.0.1 Intel on 10.5.8, Patch-1-Test-something.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Since our custom icon properly appears when the icon size preference set to large (the default setting) and the OpenOffice.org icon that you see only appears when the icon size preference is set to small, the issue is caused by one of the following two issues. Note: this issue only occurs in Calc:

1. Daniel or Armando did not include the custom small Calc icon in their image package. If Daniel or Armando can fix their image package by 15 December 2009, I can include it in our NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access release.

2. Daniel or Armando did include the custom small Calc icon in their image package but gave it the wrong filename. If Daniel or Armando can tell me what filename the icon is in and what name it should be by 15 December 2009, I can adjust my build scripts to rename the icon file.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Found it, missing icon:
images/res/commandimagelist/sc_firstpage.png

Also the related identical icon has not been replaced:
images/res/commandimagelist/sc_firstrecord.png

I've created the icon needed, I will make it available and alert Armando. We also recently discovered a few wrongly located Korean icons, so hopefully Armando will be able to fix all at once. I can take a look at it otherwise, but I prefer Armando to do the packaging, for consistency and the sake of our sanity. Smile
Punto_Mac
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject:

Hello,

Here's the last iteration of my package:

http://homepage.mac.com/punto_mac/projects/neo/downloads/Akua_2009Q4_Release.dmg

Page preview and Korean icons are fixed. Very Happy

Greetings,

Armando
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Armando. I have integrated your latest icon set into the NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access build. I verified that after integrating your latest icon set the problem that Smokey reported no longer occurs.

I would also like to verify that your new Korean icons work. Can you tell me where I should look for them in NeoOffice?

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject:

They are Calc icons:

1) Sort descending - "A-Z" and green arrow
2) Sort ascending - "Z-A" and green arrow
3) Custom sort? (not sure if this is Calc, couldn't find it. The English icon just has "A-Z" on it without arrows.)

Files:

images.zip/res/ko/lc10712.png
images.zip/res/ko/lc10713.png
images.zip/res/ko/lc10714.png
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I was able to find all three .png files in the images.zip in my rebuilt NeoOffice and when I opened all three files in the Preview application, they definitely had Korean characters.

However, when I installed the Korean language pack, set my Mac's language to Korean, and launched my rebuilt NeoOffice, the "A-Z" toolbar images are displayed in the Calc toolbar.

Am I missing a step?

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject:

You got it right and the location is definitely correct.

Must be these are not the icons I thought they were - looking at the files again, I can see from the file names that these are not toolbar icons but some of the many others that duplicate a toolbar icon for another purpose elsewhere in the interface.

I'll have to defer to Armando on this, perhaps he knows.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1