Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Lost custom toolbars with 3.0 upgrade
Lost custom toolbars with 3.0 upgrade

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loulaurent
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Lost custom toolbars with 3.0 upgrade

I created customized toolbars in NeoOffice 2x. They consolidated specific tools that I use often without showing non-essential tools. When I upgraded to 3.0.x the custom toolbars when away. I have a backup of my old preferences. Are there specific preference flies that I can put into the 3.0 preference folder to get my old toolbars back?
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject:

IIRC, the preference files have been changed since 2.x, so that would be difficult.

Best wishes,
Oscar

Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Try the instructions in the Recovering Settings from Old or Corrupt Preferences article in the Neowiki.

You might just want to move the toolbars over; there's a section in that article that tells you where to look for various settings, including toolbars.

Please post back to let us know if that fixes it for you, or if there is something unclear in the wiki article.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Try the instructions in the Recovering Settings from Old or Corrupt Preferences article in the Neowiki.

You might just want to move the toolbars over; there's a section in that article that tells you where to look for various settings, including toolbars.

Since that NeoWiki article is really lengthy, I will summarize the steps to try for copying toolbar settings. The following steps assume you want to copy Writer toolbars. If you want to copy Calc toolbars, replace "swriter" with "scalc" in the following steps. For Impress, replace "swriter" with "simpress":

1. Quit NeoOffice.

2. In the Finder, backup the ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0 folder by copying it to your Desktop. Note that "~" means your Home folder.

3. In the Finder, move the ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0/user/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/toolbar folder out of the way.

4. In the Finder, copy the ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.2/user/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/toolbar folder into the ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0/user/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter folder.

5. Restart NeoOffice. If NeoOffice does not start or crashes, restore the backup that you made in step 2 by quitting NeoOffice, delete ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0 folder, and copying the backup to the ~/Library/Preferences folder.

Edit by pluby: modified steps to avoid problems found by loulaurent.

Hope that helps,

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
loulaurent
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Lost custom toolbars with 3.0 upgrade

I followed the instructions in the article Recovering Settings from Old or Corrupt NeoOffice 3.0x Preferences and it solved my problem. You need to be cautions though. If you replace the entire 3.0x Config folder with the 2.2x Config folder, NeoOffice will not boot. Just replace the toolbars for scalc, simpress and swriter.

The file location for scalc is: Library/Preferences/NeoOffice 2.2/User/Config/Soffice.cfg/Modules/scalc/toolbar.

The file location for swriter is: Library/Preferences/NeoOffice 2.2/User/Config/Soffice.cfg/Modules/swriter/toolbar.

The file location for simpress is: Library/Preferences/NeoOffice 2.2/User/Config/Soffice.cfg/Modules/simpress/toolbar.

Thank you very much for your help.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for identifying the problems that can occur if you use my original steps. I have modified my previous post to avoid the problems that you found so that the steps in my post more precisely match the steps in the NeoWiki article.

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks again for reporting back. I added the additional locations to the wiki article, along with a warning about moving the entire config folder.

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum