NeoOffice :: View topic - New trinity server online
New trinity server online

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: New trinity server online

OK folks, instead of going out hiking this weekend I stayed in and got the new trinity finished! So now the site is running on a different server instead of three different machines Wink

Let me know if you encounter any difficulties. The database was moved, so please keep an eye out for SQL errors.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Also, be on the lookout for errors when creating new user accounts. It's thoroughly possible that the confirmation e-mails will not get properly sent. That was the one thing I didn't test, so I'm certain it must be broken Wink

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I'm sad you didn't get to enjoy the great outdoors Sad, but the new Trinity feels lightning fast, so it was certainly time well spent! Smile

Thanks Ed!

Smokey
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I'll enjoy the outdoors next weekend Smile It's good to hear that the new gear seems reasonable for people outside of my local network here. The nice thing is that the load averages on the new server are like an order of magnitude less then the old one.

I'm hoping the multiproc setup on the web end will help to make things better when there are multiple simultaneous users. OpenBSD isn't really optimized for multiproc machines, though, so the impact may be minimal.

What's really been speeding it up (at least I think so while I was testing...) is the SCSI Ultra-wide hard drive on it. Mmm...speedy hard drive (salivate). Of course, it may be the case of PBR consumed while setting it up...beer tends to make time go faster.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: FAQs gone

OK, well, the FAQs seem to be gone. I suspect the database tables need fixing. Good thing I bought more beer, since I may be here a bit longer Wink

I may take a few hours off to watch Seven Samurai.

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: FAQ restored

The problem apparently was that the database dump didn't have proper capitalization in the faq module's table names. I fixed the capitalization and now life seems to be good for the FAQ again in both administration and through regular FAQ module. Any external links to specific FAQs or FAQ answers should still work as all the changes were just in the backend.

ed
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Performance

sardisson wrote:
I'm sad you didn't get to enjoy the great outdoors Sad, but the new Trinity feels lightning fast, so it was certainly time well spent! Smile

Thanks Ed!

Smokey

I agree - there is about 40-45 people on at the moment, and the server is quite snappy.

Great work!

Regards, Terry
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1