· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta test build
NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta test build

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta test build

Hi Patrick,

My updated icons are not present in the test build. There are present in Armando's archive, so I suspect the icon injection process is to blame (I haven't updated my Aqua Elements archive so my old icons in there must be overwriting the new.)

I'm afraid I can't check the details until later today.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject:

You are probably correct. I checked our build script and the NeoOffice Aqua Elements icons get added after the Akua icons get added.

Should I change the order or will that cause some of the NeoOffice Aqua Elements icons to get overwritten?

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject:

I will check this tonight and reply asap. I believe Armando includes everything from my NeoOffice Aqua Elements package in the images.zip that he delivers to us, which will allow you to swap the order safely. In any case, I will update my NeoOffice Aqua Elements package in the next few days to get things back in sync.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
I will check this tonight and reply asap. I believe Armando includes everything from my NeoOffice Aqua Elements package in the images.zip that he delivers to us, which will allow you to swap the order safely. In any case, I will update my NeoOffice Aqua Elements package in the next few days to get things back in sync.

OK. I will wait for your updated NeoOffice Aqua Elements package and respin the build at that point. I already have one bug fix to include so I will definitely have to do at least one respin of the build before it is released on 6 April.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject:

Will the 3.1.1 release have updated language packs to go with it, or are they the same as the 3.0.2 ones?
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject:

Tested Beta 2 and saw a few things I was not happy with in some of my icons (the build process is good, these are just graphical niggles.) I have updated my Aqua Elements package with minor changes, so if you need to rebuild for any reason then please download a fresh copy.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Will the 3.1.1 release have updated language packs to go with it, or are they the same as the 3.0.2 ones?

Traditionally, a .x update in OOo code requires a new language pack. I noticed Patrick has put the language packs on the mirror network.

Best wishes,
Oscar

ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject:

I have a quick question: are we getting a new folder or application settings? I have only NeoOffice 3.0 in my ~/library/preferences/ folder.

I don't particularly desire one, I was just wondering.

best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
yoxi wrote:

Traditionally, a .x update in OOo code requires a new language pack. I noticed Patrick has put the language packs on the mirror network.

Oscar is correct: different OOo major versions have incompatible language packs so if you install NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta over a NeoOffice 3.0.2 or older installation, you will need to reinstall any language packs.

ovvldc wrote:
I have a quick question: are we getting a new folder or application settings? I have only NeoOffice 3.0 in my ~/library/preferences/ folder.

I don't particularly desire one, I was just wondering.

While NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta's language packs are incompatible with older versions of NeoOffice, the user preference files appear to be compatible so I did not force NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta to create a new user preferences folder.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I think the change in handling of custom keyboard shortcuts in NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta's underlying OpenOffice.org 3.1.x code will be significant issue for many NeoOffice users so I have split Lorinda's discussion into this new topic.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum