· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Delete key needed
Delete key needed

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCUK
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Delete key needed

With the new Mac wireless keyboard there is no single delete key. As we know the keystroke for delete is Fn-backspace. Is it possible to assign a single key to delete. I use F8 in CorelDraw and that would be a good key to use in all my applications.
Thanks,
Peter
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject:

While you can customize many NeoOffice keyboard shortcuts, the bad news is that NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code does not provide any way to create a keyboard shortcut for a forward delete.

As you have found, Apple's laptops drop several very useful keys and force you to use the Fn key.

The good news is that your problem is a common one for many Mac OS X users so there are several free Mac OS X applications available that allow you to remap your laptop's keys. I have not tried any so I cannot recommend any but my quick Google search found that a few sites recommended the following key remapping software:

http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

Hope that helps.

Patrick
PCUK
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject:

Many thanks Patrick, I'll give it a try. In fact my Mac isn't a laptop. It's the latest Imac desktop and while I like the clutter free wireless keyboard, it seems Apple have gone for form over practicality.
Cheers,
Peter
PCUK
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject:

Perfect. I found another user who had remapped backslash as forward delete and I have done the same. I'm even going to relabel the key to remind me. Thanks again.
Peter
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1