NeoOffice :: View topic - "Save Copy As" in "File" menu
"Save Copy As" in "File" menu

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice New Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PGAGA
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I have found the source of errors and tested the Custom version of the marco and so I have attached a new version for testing.

Phil

Last edited by PGAGA on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject:

Nice work! Programming this as an extension definitely seems to be the best way to go.

For the few people that really need this functionality (only a few donors voted for it), your extension saves us a lot of work of implementing this in the NeoOffice core code. Also, because we would likely get a lot of complaints about adding new toolbars (it seems streamlined toolbars is becoming popular), using an extension for this code makes the toolbars only appear when the user installs the extension which IMHO helps highlight the functionality of the extension you just installed.

Patrick
PGAGA
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject:

Thursday, September 30, 2010

pluby wrote:
Nice work! Programming this as an extension definitely seems to be the best way to go.

Thank you.

Quote:
For the few people that really need this functionality (only a few donors voted for it), your extension saves us a lot of work of implementing this in the NeoOffice core code. Also, because we would likely get a lot of complaints about adding new toolbars (it seems streamlined toolbars is becoming popular), using an extension for this code makes the toolbars only appear when the user installs the extension which IMHO helps highlight the functionality of the extension you just installed.

When I get the extension packaged for download, it will contain more options for users. They will be able to install the extension which will have three buttons in a toolbar, which can be turned on and off, and an entry in Tools>Addons.

Or, since I will include the macro in text format and icons for toolbar import, a user can add the macro to their setup and create a file menu link or button on the main tool bar. Of course they can do that already with the installed extension.

But before wider release I have to improve another error handing routine in the macro.

Phil
PGAGA
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject:

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ok more improved error handling.

Phil

Last edited by PGAGA on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Hi Phil,

With all the fuss about LibreOffice 3.3 kicking around, I couldn't resist being the first (?) user to install your macros on it! Cutting edge and all that!

Glad to see you've caught the little flaw about unsaved documents and it is always nice to discover another member of the community related to our 30+ million member organization trying to help create a better world!

I like the way these M$ icons appear prominently top and left. LibreOffice et al should consider adopting your macros as standard once we've cleaned the bugs. Oh yes, we also need another project to provide perfect conversion in/out too, but that's another story, isn't it?

I think I've found an issue specifically related to removing your extension from NeoOffice which causes lots of (apparently harmless) error messages to work through whereas I got a clean remove process from LibreOffice 3.3.

Maybe that is something Patrick can advise on whether you need to address this issue or whether it's a NeoOffice issue.

Kind regards,

Ray

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject:

rays wrote:
I think I've found an issue specifically related to removing your extension from NeoOffice which causes lots of (apparently harmless) error messages to work through whereas I got a clean remove process from LibreOffice 3.3.

I do not see any errors. When I select the Tools :: Extension Manager menu and, in the dialog that appears, I select PGAGA's extension and press the Remove button, it is removed without any errors.

Patrick
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject:

I'll try to replicate on another computer. On the present one, I get what you see in the screenshot, with one of these errors occuring at each step of the remove procedure. I click OK, the blue progress bar increments and another similar error occurs.... until the remove process is completed.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject:

rays wrote:
I'll try to replicate on another computer. On the present one, I get what you see in the screenshot, with one of these errors occuring at each step of the remove procedure. I click OK, the blue progress bar increments and another similar error occurs.... until the remove process is completed.

I did a clean install and removal of PGAGA's 1.1.2 extension in NeoOffice 3.1.2 and still cannot reproduce this. Maybe you installed the 1.1.2 extension on top of his 1.1.1 extension? In my case, I had fully removed the 1.1.1 extension before I tried installing the 1.1.2 extension.

Patrick
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
In my case, I had fully removed the 1.1.1 extension before I tried installing the 1.1.2 extension.

As did I. I haven't had time to try on another installation yet.

Ray

PGAGA
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Saturday, October 02, 2010

I test the macro on the following platforms and OOo derivatives.

OS X:
NeoOffice 2.2.4
NeoOffice 3.1.2
GO-OO.org OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
Oracle Open Office 3.2.1
StarOffice 9.2
LibreOffice 3.3m6
OOoDev 3.3 m9
OOoDev 3.4

WinXP:
Oracle Open Office 3.2.1
StarOffice 9.2
StarOffice 8 Update 16
EuroOffice 2009

Ubuntu Linux:
Oracle Open Office 3.2.1
StarOffice 9.2
StarOffice 8 update 16
LibreOffice 3.3m6
EuroOffice 2009

eComStation 2.0:
OOo 3.1.1
OOo 2.4

The only time I have consistently seen the sort of error reported is on eComStation and that is due to the inability of the eCS version to handle extensions properly.

I have also seen it on WinXP when I tried creating a custom version of the extension by copying the extension with another name and replacing icons in the OXT zip. The icon substation generated the error.

Phil
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject:

That is impressive testing Shocked

Best wishes,
Oscar

PGAGA
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Monday, October 04, 2010

Hi Ray!

rays wrote:
and it is always nice to discover another member of the community related to our 30+ million member organization trying to help create a better world!

I have been part of Scouting since childhood.

Quote:
I like the way these M$ icons appear prominently top and left.

Their fixed location is a toolbar bug which comes from the GO-OO code.

Phil
PGAGA
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Friday, October 08, 2010

I have moved the extension to extensions.services.openoffice.org.

Now the challenge is whether I will build a more complicated version which will export to other common formats.

Phil
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject:

PGAGA wrote:
I have moved the extension to extensions.services.openoffice.org.

To help other users find this extension quickly, PGAGA's extension can be found here.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice New Feature Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2