Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - weird bug
weird bug

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: weird bug

I don't know if report this in bugzilla, 'cause it so weird.
I have a database in mysql, and I use neooffice to connect to it. All is working fine, more or less. Sometimes neoffice makes strange things.
Today I make a form to insert data in a table. I use the automatic pilot to have a standard table form, and after I change some columns properties for uses pop up menu, eccetera. I do not change anything of the second column properties.
I try the form exiting the draft mode, and I see the data in the form real nice. All is working fine. I save the file, exit the form, and I open it again: a column is lost. There is not the second column. I open again the form in draft mode, the column is lost. I build it again, I move it to the second position, I try it, all is working fine. Save, reopen, column is lost. I open again in draft mode, column is lost, I built it again, and *this time* I left it in last place, not the second column, but last one. I save, reopen, the column is still there...

Why? There is something I'm missing, or could be a Oo bug? Or a neooffice one?

f.
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject:

I put the bug in bugzilla and pluby answered me; it is a Oo 1.1.3 but, not a neooffice one.
I have a question about the 'won't fix' section: when neooffice will be not more a beta, all the 'won't fix' bugs still remain in neooffice, or there will be a 'deep' debugging of those Oo bugs?

thank you.

f.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject:

fabrizio venerandi wrote:
I have a question about the 'won't fix' section: when neooffice will be not more a beta, all the 'won't fix' bugs still remain in neooffice, or there will be a 'deep' debugging of those Oo bugs?

Usually, we don't ever fix OOo functionality bugs. This is because Sun has several dozen paid engineers to fix these bugs whereas Neo/J is just Ed and I working in our spare time. In other words, Ed and I don't have the time available to fix the Sun's well-staffed development group's bugs.

Patrick
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I know this and I understand your choice.
I'm quite disappointed 'cause I'm learning the database section of neooffice/Oo is too in-stable to be used for work. I was asking myself if neooffice could be 'more' that a Oo porting, but unpayed programmers could not make the work of a payed team.
And if neooffice will be a commercial product? I remember the donation/commercial discussion in the forum.
We can talk in other forum section anyway.

Thanks for debugging.

f.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject:

fabrizio, the best course of action is to file a bug in the OOo IssueZilla so Sun's engineers will do their jobs and fix their bugs Smile

And as long as it's not a Mac-only bug, there's a chance they might actually fix it Confused

Smokey
fabrizio venerandi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject:

A sun's team of engineers can not be fast as pluby!

f.

(and ed)
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject:

fabrizio venerandi wrote:
A sun's team of engineers can not be fast as pluby!

f.

(and ed)

So true, and so sad Sad And the Sun ones are paid, too! Wink

Smokey
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: ...not by committee!

I sympathize with the Sun engineers. They've probably got a management committee (with entirely different and often unrelated priorities and a boatload of political in-fighting and jockeying for power) riding herd on what they do, which messes up actually getting things done in a timely fashion (or maybe EVER!).

Now, Ed and Patrick are clearly exceptional people (and exceptional programmers too, of course), ready, willing and able to jump in a fix what needs fixing with a refreshingly positive attitude. But they're also unencumbered by that stupid, political entity known as the committee. Thank heaven!

Great work, guys. Keep it lean and mean! Cheers,

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1