· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - can't upgrade neooffice
can't upgrade neooffice

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patricia
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: can't upgrade neooffice

I was notified about an available upgrade, from my 2.2.5 patch 14.
I waited 22 minutes while the comp. whirled and grinded but the NO advised me that I could not download the app. Is there some way I can upgrade?
Patricia
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject:

I am confused. Did your web browser say that you could not download the new version of NeoOffice? Or were you able to finish downloading the file and were unable to open the downloaded file?

Also, can you tell us what version of Mac OS X you are running? To get the version, select the Apple :: About This Mac menu and in the dialog that appears, tell us what is in the "Version" field.

Patrick
patricia
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I am confused. Did your web browser say that you could not download the new version of NeoOffice? Or were you able to finish downloading the file and were unable to open the downloaded file?

Also, can you tell us what version of Mac OS X you are running? To get the version, select the Apple :: About This Mac menu and in the dialog that appears, tell us what is in the "Version" field.

Patrick

Patrick- I am using IMac G5 (10.5.Cool
It looked like I had downloaded everything, but the notice said I could not do that. (It had "checked"beforehand and given me the go-ahead.
Patricia
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject:

patricia wrote:
It looked like I had downloaded everything, but the notice said I could not do that. (It had "checked"beforehand and given me the go-ahead.
Patricia

It sounds like the default server that the download page starts downloading from is overloaded. Can you try going back to the download page and clicking on one of the alternate links in the middle of the page?

Do any of those alternate links on the download page work correctly? Or do you still get an error? If you get an error, can you copy the exact error message into your reply?

Patrick
patricia
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
patricia wrote:
Patricia

It sounds like the default server that the download page starts downloading from is overloaded. Can you try going back to the download page and clicking on one of the alternate links in the middle of the page?

Do any of those alternate links on the download page work correctly? Or do you still get an error? If you get an error, can you copy the exact error message into your reply?

Patrick

Sorry, Patrick. I don't know how to find the download page--it arrived automatically when I was informed of the upgrade available. I have tried to find it again, no luck.
Anyway, thank you for trying to help. If I have a few hours free I'll try to find it and try out the suggestion of alternate links. Meanwhile, I'll carry on with what I've got.
Muchissimas gracias, Patricia
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject:

patricia wrote:
Sorry, Patrick. I don't know how to find the download page--it arrived automatically when I was informed of the upgrade available. I have tried to find it again, no luck.

Sorry about that. I should have included the link for the download page.

Click on this link, press the "Skip Donation" button if you see one since you have already donated, and then scroll to the bottom of the page. You should NeoOffice 3.1.1 download links there. Click on the applicable NeoOffice 3.1.1 download link and the page with the alternate download links should appear.

Let us know if you have trouble getting to the page with the alternate download links.

Patrick
patricia
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
patricia wrote:

Sorry about that. I should have included the link for the download page.

Click on this link, press the "Skip Donation" button if you see one since you have already donated, and then scroll to the bottom of the page. You should NeoOffice 3.1.1 download links there. Click on the applicable NeoOffice 3.1.1 download link and the page with the alternate download links should appear.

Let us know if you have trouble getting to the page with the alternate download links.

I'm working on it. As usual, the more I learn the less I understand.
To let you know:
I tried downloading an alternate by "Peggy.neooffice" and all went well until I looked in my Applications folder. There, I opened the icon but it was still 2.2.5.
(I also have an old file named Neooffice 1.2.2. Should I garbage it? Should I garbage the 2.2.5? I am always afraid of losing something important.)
Anyway, I looked in the "spotlight" and found NO 3.1.1. Clicked on it and it began another download. So here I wait again.
Patricia
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject:

It sounds like you have downloaded the file OK, but you still need to install what you downloaded. Just like NeoOffice 2.2.5, you have to open the file that you downloaded and then run the installer that is in the downloaded filed.

So, can you go to the Finder, click on your user name, then click on the Downloads subfolder? Do you see any files that have a name beginning with "NeoOffice-3.1.1"?

If so, then you should be able to open and install that file using the NeoOffice installation instructions. Does that work?

Patrick
patricia
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
It sounds like you have downloaded the file OK, but you still need to install what you downloaded. Just like NeoOffice 2.2.5, you have to open the file that you downloaded and then run the installer that is in the downloaded filed.

So, can you go to the Finder, click on your user name, then click on the Downloads subfolder? Do you see any files that have a name beginning with "NeoOffice-3.1.1"?

If so, then you should be able to open and install that file using the NeoOffice installation instructions. Does that work?

Patrick

Wahoo... IT WORKS

thank you so much for your expertise. Now I can go to bed content.
Patricia
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1