Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - problems with dylib?
problems with dylib?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: problems with dylib?

Open office won't launch on my 10.3.5 system with apple X11. It fails with the error:
dyld: /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/soffice.bin can't open library: @executable_path/libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3 (No such file...

Any Ideas
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject:

How are you trying to launch OOo? Off the bat my thoughts are the following:

1) You're trying to launch manually from a terminal/xterm/Apple X11 applications menu but are not setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly.
2) You're using some installer other then the official 1.1.2 OOo X11 GM installer and have discovered an installer bug with the third party installer when it failed to create the required symbolic links.

If you're using the official OOo X11 1.1.2 GM English installer, see the README for instructions on (1). Mind that you may need to replace the "setenv foo baz" with "set foo=baz; export foo" commands.

If it's (2), then good luck...you're on your own Smile

ed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject:

My DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is set as per instructions.

The file libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3 is not on the system, but the file:
libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3.1.0 is in the /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program directory, so I mv'd it to libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3. But when I tried to launch it complained about other files, that are missing, all of which are in the ../program directory and end with .1.0. Can I just rename them?

Also, I read that /usr/X11R6/bin shoud not be in the PATH env variable when using Apple X11. But when I run an xterm under X11 it is in the env. How do I change my env for xterm?

Thanks!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject:

OK, before you try the instructions, can you add the following as the first:

Code:

csh

All of the "setenv" commands are for csh shells, but Apple's changed the default shell in 10.3, so you have to either explicitly launch csh/tcsh or manually translate the 'setenv' commands to 'set; export' for everything to work.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
The file libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3 is not on the system, but the file:
libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3.1.0 is in the /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program directory, so I mv'd it to libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3. But when I tried to launch it complained about other files, that are missing, all of which are in the ../program directory and end with .1.0. Can I just rename them?

All of these (or at least the one in question) are supposed to be symlinked. The .3 file is supposed to be a symlink (Unix alias) to the .3.1.0 file. The symlinks are missing for some reason.

Did you use the official (ooo112_osx_final.dmg.bz2) installer and if so, did it finish installing correctly?

Smokey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject:

Yes, I used the official (ooo112_osx_final.dmg.bz2) installer but maybe it bombed due to the shell difference (bash/csh)? I also had a bunch of file mode problems (needed to chmod +x a bunch of files), which supports the bum install theory. Is/was there a install log to check?

Thanks!
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
Yes, I used the official (ooo112_osx_final.dmg.bz2) installer but maybe it bombed due to the shell difference (bash/csh)? I also had a bunch of file mode problems (needed to chmod +x a bunch of files), which supports the bum install theory. Is/was there a install log to check?

The install log is the last file created by the installer, IIRC.

/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/OpenOffice.org_1.1.2_InstallLog.log

If it's not there, then likely there was some problem with the install.

Smokey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject:

The log file is there, but it does not have any failure messages and it does not contain any ln commands for the libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib, or any other '.3.1.0' files. It was also missing the chmods that I needed to do myself. The last entry in the log is the move of org.OpenOffice.Start.plist.applex11.panther.plist into the ~/ preferences directory.

Maybe it bombed silently after that Question
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
The last entry in the log is the move of org.OpenOffice.Start.plist.applex11.panther.plist into the ~/ preferences directory.

That's the last entry in mine, too. I'm guessing that the symlinking and chmoding takes place in the fix_ooo_installation.sh script (run before converting fonts/fix_lucida.sh). Ed can say for sure.

Do you have any strange aliases set up in your shell? That's the only thing I can think of, but I'm not a real Unix guru. Unless Ed comes back with any better ideas, my suggestions would be as follows:

1) Reinstall OOo, perhaps even from a different/new user account (using another user will require you to manually--or via Start OpenOffice.org--convert any fonts in your ~/Library/Fonts folder, since the installer only converts the active user's ~/Library/Fonts)

2) If you're not set on using X11, use NeoOffice/J instead. It plays much more nicely with your Mac. Smile Be sure to grab the latest patch.

Smokey
Paul Gilmartin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Bus Error.

OK. I made ten symlinks:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 29 26 Dec 11:49 libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3 -> libcppuhelpergcc3.dylib.3.1.0
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 18 26 Dec 11:50 libsal.dylib.3 -> libsal.dylib.3.1.0
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 19 26 Dec 11:53 libcppu.dylib.3 -> libcppu.dylib.3.1.0
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 28 26 Dec 11:55 libjvmaccessgcc3.dylib.3 -> libjvmaccessgcc3.dylib.3.1.0
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 19 26 Dec 11:56 libicuuc.dylib.22 -> libicuuc.dylib.22.0
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 19 26 Dec 11:57 libicule.dylib.22 -> libicule.dylib.22.0
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 28 26 Dec 11:58 libsalhelpergcc3.dylib.3 -> libsalhelpergcc3.dylib.3.1.0
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 22 26 Dec 11:59 libsndfile.dylib.1 -> libsndfile.dylib.1.0.9
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 25 26 Dec 12:01 libportaudio.dylib.0 -> libportaudio.dylib.0.0.18
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 21 26 Dec 12:03 libicudata.dylib.22 -> libicudata.dylib.22.0

I made a startup script:

#! /bin/sh
set -x
DISPLAY=localhost:0 export DISPLAY
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program:/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/filter export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

xlogo

/bin/sh -x /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/soffice
exit $?

XLogo displays OK. Then I get:

/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/soffice 281 +PATH=/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program:/Users/paulgilm/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/Developer/Tools:/usr/libexec
/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/soffice 282 +export PATH
/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/soffice 285 +exec /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/soffice.bin
/Users/paulgilm/startoo: line 8: 12324 Bus error /bin/sh -x /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/soffice
/Users/paulgilm/startoo 9 +exit 138

Now what?

OS X 10.3.7; OO downloaded from Indiana U a couple days ago.

Thanks,
gil
gilmap@unix.stortek.com
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject:

You're actually getting some type of crash from OOo during startup. You may want to check the crash logs. The most likely culprit for this crash is the "OpenTTFont" crash, so you may need to remove zero length or non-Latin fonts from your share/fonts/truetype/ directory. There's' more info on this in the Launching FAQ

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=4&categories=Problems+Launching+OpenOffice.org

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1