Unable to copy & drop text from NeoOffice to email

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: No Soap

iship wrote:
I downloaded & installed the intel patch (I'm using a MacBook pro), but the only change this made was to eliminate the line of html code which automatically opened every paste-up. Single space text still comes through as double-spaced, and I'm still unable to copy & paste two separate items into one email & then unformat the whole. When I paste the two chunks of text, then choose "select all," then select "paste as unformatted"-- the first text simply disappears, and the second one I pasted down shapes itself up, (always) duplicates itself. Quirky.

I think the remaining problems that you see are Thunderbird issues. I see the line spacing behavior that you see in Thunderbird, but I do not see any line spacing problems when pasting the HTML data format into Microsoft Office. So this tells me that Thunderbird is changing the line spacing.

I am no expert on Thunderbird, but one workaround for this behavior is to highlight the pasted text and then change the style in the e-mail's toolbar from "Paragraph" to "Body Text".

The "select all, paste as unformatted" is definitely a Thunderbird issue so I cannot help you with that. But what I can suggest is that you avoid the "paste as unformatted" action and, instead, make changes to formatting using the toolbar buttons. This is because pasting as unformatted text strips out all of the HTML formatting and IMHO Thunderbird does not do that very smoothly.

Patrick
iship
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Yes, Patrick- thanks!

Patrick:

This works well. I've just tried sending myself a test email following this process & then bolding and italicizing some of the text, and sending it to myself. Hopefully it will transmit properly.

I appreciate the time you've taken helping me sort this out.

B
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: No Soap

iship wrote:
When I paste the two chunks of text, then choose "select all," then select "paste as unformatted"-- the first text simply disappears, and the second one I pasted down shapes itself up, (always) duplicates itself. Quirky.

I think you're misunderstanding what happens here - when you use "paste as unformatted" this doesn't format the text you've selected, it just pastes whatever's currently in the clipboard (in this case, the last chunk of text you copied into it) in an unformatted manner.

I suspect the only way you can 'unformat' several chunks of text is, as you said above, to paste them one by one into another text app (NeoOffice for example), then select the whole thing, copy it, and "paste as unformatted" into your email. Alternatively, you could use a clipboard manager that allows you to merge a number of clips into one item (these do exist, and may be your answer) before pasting as unformatted.

(edit: sorry, I missed page 2 of this thread! - but this still might be useful to you.)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix for this bug in NeoOffice 3.1.2 Patch 2. You can download the patch from the NeoOffice patch download page.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2