Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Unable to instal 3.1.2 Patch 4
Unable to instal 3.1.2 Patch 4

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GridLox
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Unable to instal 3.1.2 Patch 4

When I went to unpack Patch 4, the "Macintosh HD" symbol was greyed-out, and could go no further. There is over 55 Gb still available, so space should not be a problem. I tried rebooting, but there was no change. Any ideas?! Sad
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Are you absolutely sure that you have NeoOffice 3.1.2 installed? The patch won't install if you have a slightly older version like NeoOffice 3.1.1 or earlier.

To test this, launch you existing NeoOffice installation when your Macintochs HD volume's "Applications" folder and select NeoOffice's Help :: About NeoOffice and if it says anything other then NeoOffice 3.1.2 Patch 0 through 3, you need to install NeoOffice 3.1.2 first before you can install the patch.

Patrick
GridLox
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the prompt response: Definitely have 3.1.2 Patch 3 installed.
Interestingly, I noticed that when I went to 'eject' the installer, a pane was displayed asking if I wished to "force quit", as another application was still using it … do you want me to take a 'snap' of the message, and send it to you?

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject:

Like past patches, our patch installer is really the Apple installer application so if there is a problem, we have to look at Apple's installer application to see where it is having problems.

The first thing to try is reboot your machine and then try rerunning the patch installer. Apple's installer application is very sensitive to network volumes that are not accessible and rebooting helps in such cases because it forces all inaccessible network volumes to be ejected cleanly.

Does the patch installer still not let your Macintosh HD volume be selectable after rebooting?

If not, can you collect the following information for us? Find your existing NeoOffice 3.1.2 Patch 3 icon in the Finder's /Applications folder and right-click or Control-click on it. In the popup menu then appears, select the Get Info menu. A window will appear. Take a snapshot of that window and attach the snapshot to your post.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject:

If the patch installer still does not make your Macintosh HD volume selectable, I have one more question: do you have anti-virus software on your machine? I ask this because in this forum post we found that the VirusBarrier X6 anti-virus software slows the Apple installer application to a crawl.

If you have anti-virus software on your machine, can you rerun the patch installer and when the panel with your volume appears, leave the installer application open for 10 minutes. If your volume is still not selectable after waiting 10 minutes, then let us know and I will try to think of what else might be causing the installer to fail to detect your NeoOffice installation.

Patrick
GridLox
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I do have Virus Barrier X6 installed. No need to wait for 10 mins. - simply turned off Scanning & Firewall, the Patch4 installer worked flawlessly, and returned Virus Barrier to its usual settings … total time of approximately 2 mins.

Many thanks for your assistance. You blokes rule!! Very Happy

sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure how often people search the wiki for installer problems, but I added info about this one (along with the new non-waiting solution from GridLox) to NeoOffice Installation Issues.

I also updated the introduction to the Troubleshooting Tips article to mention that the NeoOffice Installation Issues article is relevant for problems installing patches as well as the main releases.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1