NeoOffice 3.2beta preparations

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
That is very good news. I will release the current test patch code as NeoOffice 3.1.2 Patch 5 in the next 24 hours (I had it staged this weekend but I had not yet pushed it to our volunteer mirror sites). I will post again when Patch 5 is available for download.

FYI. I am going to delay release of NeoOffice 3.1.2 Patch 5 until this coming Sunday or Monday. Although Patch 5 is ready to go, we are going to release NeoOffice 3.2 Beta Sunday or Monday and, because of that upcoming new version, we have a lot of website changes half done so we will release Patch 5 at the same time as NeoOffice 3.2 Beat.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Any website translations needed?

Best wishes,
Oscar

P.S. I wanted to break this post off into a separate topic entitled 'NeoOffice 3.2beta preparations', but I seem to ave either lost that privilege, or forgotten how to do it.

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Any website translations needed?

Probably. The nice thing is that for this release most of the pages will be copies of the existing NeoOffice 3.1.2 pages. Since we require donations to post, the old "Early Access Program" download approach really puts too many hurdles for users so we will just make a parallel set of download pages so that downloading the Beta release is free and identical in process to the current regular download pages.

However, I will add text for the following. There might be other add text but I'll know better later this week:

1. Warning that this is a Beta release and is not a "production release" yet so use NeoOffice 3.1.2 if you need the most stable version.

2. Text that tells PowerPC users to download NeoOffice 3.1.2 and where they can download it from.

3. Some text on in the features list that describes the new "CoreText" text layout and rendering feature.

Patrick
kklare
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Dropping support for PowerPC?

I see implied that you will only be giving new support to Intel machines.
This happened several months ago to calibre, a great e-book manager.

I was sorry to see my iMac G5 (PPC) die nearly 2 years ago but I have been pleased with the MacBook (Intel) as a replacement although it has had 2 new architectures for the I/O since then. So it is not just software that gets older and harder to support. I'd love bigger real estate but it wouldn't fit on my lap in front of the TV, sigh. And who can pay for new every year?

Hope this goes smoothly and that my "testing" has helped mature the old and finds a place in the new NeoOffice. Long live NO!

-Ken
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1