NeoOffice :: View topic - German translation of NeoOffice website
German translation of NeoOffice website

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject:

Thank you for your latest translations. I have posted the NeoOffice 3.2 Patch 2 announcement and donation page translations on the main website and I will post the patch page later today.

mweil wrote:
Can you give me some hints what pages, apart from the Features, FAQ and NeoOffice Mobile pages, I have missed as well?

There is some English in the following areas:

1. If you click on the NeoOffice 3.2 download and successfully login, cancel the automatic download and you will see a page of English text.

2. I don't know if you have translated the page titles that show in the web browser's titlebar. For example, the German download page has "NeoOffice Downloads" as its title.

3. In the donation page, there is a hidden section that only appears when we have a Beta version available (note: the "X" and "Y" characters will be replaced with actual dates or version numbers):

Quote:
From X until Y NeoOffice X.Y Beta users who have donated € 18 or more within the last year can post in our NeoOffice Beta Support forum

Patrick
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject:

mirrors.php Download Site

Code:
Logout of the donor downloads system
Aus dem Spender Download System ausloggen

The NeoOffice-3.2-Intel.dmg file should start downloading automatically. If downloading does not start within 10 seconds, click on one of the download sites listed below. These sites have limited bandwidth so if you cannot connect, please be patient.

Das Herunterladen der NeoOffice-3.2-Intel.dmg Datei sollte automatisch starten. Wenn das Herunterladen nicht innerhalb von 10 Sekunden startet, klicken Sie auf eine der Download Seiten unterhalb. Diese Seiten haben eine begrenzte Bandbreite, haben Sie bitte Geduld falls Sie sich nicht verbinden können.

Wichtig: After installing, get the latest bug fixes by downloading and installing the latest NeoOffice patch.
Wichtig: Nach der Installation besorgen Sie sich die neusten Fehlerbereinigungen indem Sie den neusten NeoOffice Patch herunterladen und installieren.

Problems?
Probleme?

If you only have a slow internet connection, we recommend that you use cURL - a resumable download tool - to complete your download.
Wenn Sie nur eine langsame Internetverbindung haben, empfehlen wir Ihnen die Benutzung von cURL - einem Download Tool welches das Fortsetzen von Downloads ermöglicht - um Ihren Download abzuschließen.

If Mac OS X gives you an error when you try to open a downloaded file, most likely your network connection to our server got cut off before the download was finished. If this happens to you and you are directly connected to the internet, we recommend that you use cURL - a resumable download tool - to complete your download.

Wenn Mac OS X Ihnen einen Fehler anzeigt wenn Sie versuchen eine heruntergeladene Datei zu öffnen, liegt das wahrscheinlich daran, dass Ihre Netzwerkverbindung zu unserem Server unterbrochen wurde bevor der Download abgeschlossen war. Wenn Ihnen das passiert und Sie direkt mit dem Internet verbunden sind, empfehlen wir Ihnen die Benutzung von cURL - einem Download Tool welches das Fortsetzen von Downloads ermöglicht - um Ihren Download abzuschließen.

The page titles seem ok, although I did not translate them.

Martin
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject:

Code:
From X until Y NeoOffice X.Y Beta users who have donated € 18 or more within the last year can post in our NeoOffice Beta Support forum

Vom X bis zum Y können NeoOffice X.Y Beta Nutzer, die im letzten Jahr mindestens € 18 oder mehr gespendet haben, in unserem NeoOffice Beta Support Forum Beiträge schreiben.

Martin
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject:

Thank for the translations in your last 2 posts. I have posted the translations in both posts to the main website.

Patrick
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject:

The features.php page was rather long and tricky to translate and I have some questions about it, so I will post it in parts.

Code:
New in NeoOffice 3.2
Neu in NeoOffice 3.2

This release adds several new features including:
Diese Veröffentlichung fügt etliche neue Funktionen hinzu, einschließlich:

Apples upcoming Mac OS X 10.7 Lion release is expected to have many significant changes so the NeoOffice engineers have completely reimplemented the following NeoOffice features to ensure that these features will be fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion:

Von Apple's kommendem Mac OS X 10.7 Lion wird erwartet, dass es viele wichtige Änderungen beinhaltet, deswegen haben die NeoOffice Entwickler die folgenden NeoOffice Funktionen vollständig neu implementiert um sicher zu gehen, dass sie mit Mac OS X 10.7 Lion kompatibel sind:

- Text layout and rendering
    - Copy and paste
    - Drag and drop

- Text Layout und Darstellung
    - Kopieren und Einfügen
    - Ziehen und Ablegen

No problems there.

Code:
NeoOffice now uses Apple's CoreText text layout and rendering functions. In contrast, OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice use Apple's obsolete ATSUI functions. The CoreText functions are up to twice as fast as the ATSUI functions and the CoreText functions provide improved text layout and rendering for many Windows OpenType fonts.

NeoOffice benutzt jetzt Apples CoreTex Text Layout und Funktionen zu Darstellung. Im Gegensatz zu OpenOffice.org und LibreOffice die Apples veraltete ATSUI Funktionen benutzen. Die CoreText Funktionen sind bis zu doppelt so schnell wie die ATSUI Funktionen und die CoreText Funktionen stellen ein verbessertes Text Layout und eine verbesserte Darstellung für viele Windows OpenType Schriften zur Verfügung.

I was not sure what exactly ATSUI functions are and if I need to translate it.

Code:
PDF files exported from NeoOffice that contain mostly text are now 50% to 75% smaller than the same files exported from previous versions of NeoOffice. The NeoOffice engineers implemented this significant reduction in PDF file size by using a more compact method of specifying the position of font glyphs within PDF files.

PDF Dateien die von NeoOffice exportiert werden, die größtenteils Text enthalten sind nun 50% bis 75% kleiner als die gleichen Dateien exportiert von früheren Versionen von NeoOffice. Die NeoOffice Entwickler haben diese erhebliche Reduzierung der PDF Datei Größe durch nutzen einer kompakteren Methode um die Schriftzeichen in PDF Dateien zu positionieren.

Mac OS X features
Mac OS X Funktionen

Below is a list of some of the Mac OS X features requested by our users that are in NeoOffice 3.2 but are not in OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice:

Es folgt eine Liste von einigen Mac OS X Funktionen die von unseren Nutzern gewünscht und in NeoOffice 3.2 integriert wurden, aber nicht in OpenOffice.org oder LibreOffice zu finden sind.

Native Mac OS X text highlighting
Native Mac OS X Text Hervorhebung

NeoOffice draws highlighted text the same as Apple's Safari and TextEdit applications. Recent versions of OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice attempt to emulate native Mac OS X text highlighting by drawing a very light shade of the system highlight color on top of the highlighted text. However, many of our users have requested that we support full native Mac OS X text highlighting behavior in NeoOffice so we have rewritten the text highlighting code in NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code to draw highlighted text the same as Apple's various Mac OS X applications. The following screen snapshots show how NeoOffice's text highlighting behavior compares to OpenOffice.org's and LibreOffice's behavior:

NeoOffice stellt hervorgehobenen Text genau wie Apples Safari und TextEdit Programme dar. Neuere Versionen von OpenOffice.org und LibreOffice versuchen die native Text Hervorhebung von Mac OS X nachzuempfinden indem sie eine sehr schwache Schattierung der Farbe auf den hervorgehobenen Text zeichnen, die in Mac OS X als Farbe zur Hervorhebung von Text eingestellt ist. Da aber viele von unseren Nutzern gefordert haben, dass wir die volle native Text Hervorhebung von Mac OS X in NeoOffice unterstützen, haben wir den Quelltext zur Hervorhebung von Text in dem OpenOffice Unterbau von NeoOffice umgeschrieben, um die die Text Hervorhebung genau so darzustellen wie Apples diverse Mac OS X Programme. Das folgenden Bildschirmfotos zeigen, wie die Text Hervorhebung von NeoOffice sich von der von OpenOffice.org und LibreOffice unterscheidet.

Text highlighting in NeoOffice 3.2
Text Hervorhebung in NeoOffice 3.2

Text highlighting in OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice
Text Hervorhebung in OpenOffice.org und LibreOffice

Open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch
Öffnen von Cal oder Impress anstelle von Writer beim Start

No problems here either

Code:
The NeoOffice :: Open at Launch menu allows you to choose which type of document to open when NeoOffice is launched. By default, NeoOffice opens a Writer document when launched. However, many of our users have requested that we provide an easy way to make a different document type such as Calc or Impress open when NeoOffice is launched so we have added the NeoOffice :: Open at Launch menu.

Das NeoOffice :: Beim Starten Öffnen Menü erlaubt es Ihnen auszuwählen, welchen Typ von Dokument Sie öffnen wollen wenn NeoOffice gestartet wird. Standardmäßig öffnet NeoOffice ein Writer Dokument wenn es gestartet wird. Viele Nutzer hingegen haben sich gewünscht, dass wir einen einfachen Weg zur Verfügung stellen, einen anderen Dokumente Typ, sowie Calc oder Impress zu öffnen wenn NeoOffice gestartet wird, also haben wir das NeoOffice :: Beim Starten Öffnen Menü hinzugefügt.

When a user selects one of the document types listed in this menu, NeoOffice will open the selected document type the next time that you launch it. Also, users can select the "- None -" menu item to only show the Mac OS X menubar when NeoOffice is launched. The screen snapshot to the right shows the NeoOffice :: Open at Launch menu with Calc set as the document type to open at launch.

Wenn ein Nutzer einen Dokumenttyp der in diesem Menü aufgelistet ist auswählt, öffnet NeoOffice den gewählten Dokumenttyp das nächste Mal wenn Sie NeoOffice starten. Ebenfalls kann das "- Keine -" Menüobjekt ausgewählt werden um nur die Mac OS X Menüleiste zu zeigen wenn NeoOffice gestartet wird. Das Bildschirmfoto auf der rechten Seite zeigt das NeoOffice :: Beim Starten Öffnen Menü mit Calc als Dokumenttyp der beim Starten geöffnet werden soll.

There are some menu entries here that I translated, but they are not translated in the NeoOffice Application. I think it would be best to leave the translated entries here and I will try to translate the missing entries for NeoOffice itself too. What do you think?

Also the Names of the different applications such as Calc or Writer are basically english abbreviations for what the app actually does. Am I right that, although one could possibly translate those, it is not intended?
I just realised that the new document menu does not use the application names but (translated) types of documents to create. Is this the same in the english version?

Code:
NeoOffice Mobile
NeoOffice Mobile

NeoOffice Mobile provides a way to securely share NeoOffice files with other users and other computers. It works by allowing you to "publish" a document from within NeoOffice to the NeoOffice Mobile server using a secure, encrypted connection. Once documents are published, they can be viewed using secure connections from regular web browsers or web-enabled mobile devices. Also, NeoOffice users can open previously published documents directly in NeoOffice.

NeoOffice Mobile stellt einen Weg zur Verfügung NeoOffice Dateien sicher mit anderen Nutzern und anderen Computern zu teilen. Es funktioniert indem es Ihnen erlaubt ein Dokument aus NeoOffice heraus, unter Benutzung einer sicheren, verschlüsselten Verbindung, auf den NeoOffice Mobile Server zu "Veröffentlichen". Sind Dokumente erstmal veröffentlicht, können Sie über eine sichere Verbindung unter Benutzung eines normalen Webbrowsers oder internetfähigen Mobilgerätes betrachtet werden. Ebenfalls können NeoOffice Nutzer zuvor veröffentlichte Dokumente direkt in NeoOffice öffnen.

Anyone can create a free NeoOffice Mobile account. Free accounts can upload and view documents but they are limited to only 10 megabytes of storage and their documents expire after 7 days. This allows users to try out NeoOffice Mobile and use it for temporary storage. NeoOffice donors, in contrast, have access to the complete set of features. For more information on the features that each type of account has access to, please visit the NeoOffice Mobile pricing page.

Jeder kann ein kostenloses NeoOffice Mobile Benutzerkonto eröffnen. Kostenlose Benutzerkonten können Dokumente hochladen und betrachten, sind jedoch auf 10 Megabyte Speicherplatz begrenzt und die Dokumente verfallen nach 7 Tagen. Dies erlaubt es Nutzern NeoOffice Mobile zu testen und als temporären Speicher zu nutzen. NeoOffice Spender haben dagegen Zugriff auf den vollständigen Funktionsumfang. Für weitere Informationen zu den Funktionen auf die die einzelnen Kontotypen Zugriff haben, besuchen Sie bitte die NeoOffice Mobile Preise Seite.

No problems here.

Code:
Smoother text kerning
Stufenlose Text Unterschneidung

NeoOffice draws text using each font's recommended glyph kerning. In previous versions, NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code moved glyphs to the nearest screen pixel. Since Mac OS X does not require glyphs to be aligned with the nearest screen pixel, NeoOffice ignores the glyph movements requested by the OpenOffice.org code so that text is drawn as close as possible to the font's recommended glyph kerning. The following screen snapshots show how NeoOffice's smoother text kerning behavior compares to the behavior in previous versions:

NeoOffice stellt Text durch die von jeder Schriftart empfohlene Glyphen Unterschneidung dar. In vorherigen Versionen verschob der NeoOffice zugrundeliegende OpenOffice.org Quelltext Glyphen zum nächsten Bildschirm Pixel. Da Mac OS X Glyphen die am nächsten Bildschirm Pixel ausgerichtet sind nicht benötigt, ignoriert NeoOffice die Glyphen Bewegung die von OpenOffice gefordert wird, sodass der Text so nah wie möglich an der empfohlenen Glyphen Unterschneidung dargestellt wird. Die folgenden Bildschirmfotos zeigen wie die stufenlose Text Unterschneidung von NeoOffice sich von dem Verhalten in vorherigen Versionen unterscheidet.

I am not sure if "Text Unterschneidung" is the right translation for "text kerning". Mostly because this is a technical term I probably have never used before.
Also what exactly do you mean by "smoother"? I translated it with "Stufenlos" but I am not sure if this is what you mean.

Code:

OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice stopped using native file locking and started using custom, non-native file locking code. Since most office suite applications use native file locking, their custom, non-native code caused frequent problems when users on different machines were editing the same file on a networked volume. We have restored native file locking in NeoOffice and now file locking should work the same as it did in NeoOffice 2.2.6.

OpenOffice.org und LibreOffice haben aufgehört native Datei Sperrungen zu benutzen und haben stattdessen angefangen eigene, nicht native Quelltexte zur Datei Sperrung zu benutzen. Da die meisten Büropaket Anwendungen native Datei Sperrungen benutzen, hat diese eigene, nicht native Datei Sperrung häufig zu Problemen geführt wenn Nutzer auf anderen Computern die gleiche Datei auf einem Netzwerk Volumes bearbeitet haben. Wir haben die native Datei Sperrung in NeoOffice wiederhergestellt und jetzt sollte die Datei Sperrung genauso funktionieren wie in NeoOffice 2.2.6.

I improved the translation of "file locking" to "Datei Sperrung". I will post the updated translations of the already translated pages later.

So I think this was part one. Part two will follow.

Martin
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject:

Another correction:

Code:
Features
Funktionen

This has to be changed at least on the main site. The old "Funktionalitäten" is technically not wrong, just not used in this context.

Sorry for this error.
I will keep an eye out for further errors.

Martin
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the translations. I have posted your translations on the main website and I have answers to your questions below:

mweil wrote:
I was not sure what exactly ATSUI functions are and if I need to translate it.

ATSUI is an acronym and should not be translated. Most users won't care about this feature but the portion of Mac users that have been asking us to use Apple's CoreText functions should be able to understand this feature.

One question for you: in the English text I use "Apple's" as a possessive like "their CoreText functions" and you translated that to "Apples". I don't know how possessive is written in German other than for simple cases like "mein", "dein", etc. so I just wanted to double-check this translation.

mweil wrote:
There are some menu entries here that I translated, but they are not translated in the NeoOffice Application. I think it would be best to leave the translated entries here and I will try to translate the missing entries for NeoOffice itself too. What do you think?

That would be good. If you can post translations for the "Open at Launch" menu and the "Mac OS X Options" and its submenus, I can put them in the next NeoOffice 3.2 patch.

mweil wrote:
Also the Names of the different applications such as Calc or Writer are basically english abbreviations for what the app actually does. Am I right that, although one could possibly translate those, it is not intended?

These should not translated as they are the actual name of each application. OpenOffice.org was developed almost exclusively by a group of German engineers and they have always used these names in their German versions so I am confident that the OpenOffice.org engineers intended these English "nicknames" to be used as the official application names.

mweil wrote:
I am not sure if "Text Unterschneidung" is the right translation for "text kerning". Mostly because this is a technical term I probably have never used before.
Also what exactly do you mean by "smoother"? I translated it with "Stufenlos" but I am not sure if this is what you mean.

I think "Unterschneidung" is best since that is what this Wikipedia article calls it. Most users won't care about this feature but the graphic designers and other people who are familiar with typography should understand this term.

One last question: in the 2 places where there were double-quoted like "this", I quoted your German translation like this „this”. Let me know if my change is not correct.

Patrick
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject:

Here are the translations for the NeoOffice menus that have not been translated yet.

Code:
Open At Launch
Beim Starten Öffnen

- none -   
   - nichts -

Mac OS X Options
Mac OS X Optionen

Ignore Trackpad Gestures
   Disable Mac OS X Services Menu
   Disable Mac OS X Text Highlighting
   Disable Quick Look Support in Documents

Ignoriere Trackpad Gesten
   Deaktiviere Mac OS X Dienste Menü
   Deaktiviere Mac OS X Text Hervorhebung
   Deaktiviere Ãœbersicht Unterstützung in Dokumenten

Extras :: Add-Ons

Show Media Browser
   Paste Image from Camera or Scanner
   Check Grammar
      Entire Document
      Selected Text

Media Browser einblenden
   Bild von einer Kamera oder einem Scanner einfügen
   Grammatik prüfen
      Gesamtes Dokument
      Ausgewählter Text

Mobile
Mobile

What is NeoOffice Mobile?
   Open NeoOffice Mobile

Was ist NeoOffice Mobile?
   Ã–ffne NeoOffice Mobile

I changed the translation of "- none -" to "- nichts -" because it makes more sense.

If you know anything else inside NeoOffice needing translation, let me know.

Martin

Last edited by mweil on Sun May 15, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
One question for you: in the English text I use "Apple's" as a possessive like "their CoreText functions" and you translated that to "Apples". I don't know how possessive is written in German other than for simple cases like "mein", "dein", etc. so I just wanted to double-check this translation.

I had to look up the correct form myself. The apostrophe is used quite differently and a lot less than in English. To create a genetive form in German you just add an "-s" unless the word ends on certain charaters such as "-s, -ß, z or x", which is not the case here. In these cases you would just add an apostrophe.
Sadly, this is done wrong more and more mostly because of the different rules in the English language.

pluby wrote:
One last question: in the 2 places where there were double-quoted like "this", I quoted your German translation like this „this”. Let me know if my change is not correct.

You are correct. Another thing that is overlooked frequently.

Thanks
Martin
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject:

I checked the pages for old translations of "file-locking" and "features".

index.php and two times on features.php, also on faq.php.

Code:
Native Unterstützung für Datei Verriegelung auf lokalen und entfernten Laufwerken
Native Unterstützung für Datei Sperrung auf lokalen und entfernten Volumes

I also change "Laufwerke" back to "Volumes" because this is the term apple uses, so most users should be familiar with it.

I found no other occurrences of "Funktionalitäten" on the other pages.

Thanks
Martin
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject:

Thank you for your translations. I have posted your web page changes to the main website and I have added your NeoOffice translations into the NeoOffice source code.

If you install the following NeoOffice 3.2 test patch and you are using German as your preferred language, you should see your translations for the NeoOffice menu's submenus:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.2-Patch-2-Test-3-Intel.dmg

Please note that you will see the following 2 translations missing from the test patch:

1. I could not change the "- Keine -" menu item "- nichts -". This translation comes from within NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code and is the translation for "none" that the German OpenOffice.org engineers set to be used throughout the OpenOffice.org code. I can override it in this one case but it is a bit of a hassle so I wanted to see if German speakers like yourself can live with "- Keine -". If "- Keine -" is really confusing, let me know and I will see if I can override this translation in the next release of NeoOffice.

2. Your translations for the Extras :: Add-ons submenus are in the code. However, because we added these submenus using OpenOffice.org extensions and we found patching extensions to be flaky, your translations won't appear in any NeoOffice 3.2 patches but they will appear in the next full NeoOffice release.

Patrick
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject:

The patch works as expected, and the translations are correct.

pluby wrote:
1. I could not change the "- Keine -" menu item "- nichts -". This translation comes from within NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code and is the translation for "none" that the German OpenOffice.org engineers set to be used throughout the OpenOffice.org code. I can override it in this one case but it is a bit of a hassle so I wanted to see if German speakers like yourself can live with "- Keine -". If "- Keine -" is really confusing, let me know and I will see if I can override this translation in the next release of NeoOffice.

I am not really happy with "- Keine -" but it is perfectly clear what is meant by that. So I can definitively live with it.

pluby wrote:
2. Your translations for the Extras :: Add-ons submenus are in the code. However, because we added these submenus using OpenOffice.org extensions and we found patching extensions to be flaky, your translations won't appear in any NeoOffice 3.2 patches but they will appear in the next full NeoOffice release.

Noted.

Martin
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject:

And the second part of features.php

Code:
Mac OS X Services support
Mac OS X Dienste Unterstützung

In NeoOffice, many of the menus within the NeoOffice :: Services menu will be enabled whenever you highlight data in your document. When you select any of the submenus in the NeoOffice :: Services menu, the highlighted data will be sent to the Mac OS X application that matches to the Services menu that you select. NeoOffice also supports Mac OS X services that change the highlighted data in your document.

In NeoOffice sind viele Menüs in dem NeoOffice :: Dienste Menü aktiviert sobald Sie Daten in Ihrem Dokument markieren. Wenn Sie eines der Untermenüs in dem NeoOffice :: Dienste Menü, wird der markierten Daten an das Mac OS X Programm gesendet das dem Dienste Menü entspricht, welches Sie ausgewählt haben. NeoOffice unterstützt ebenso Mac OS X Dienste die die markierten Daten in Ihrem Dokument ändern.

Code:
Media Browser support
Medien Übersicht Unterstützung

Many Mac OS X users have found Apple's iLife Media Browser very useful and we have received many requests to include the same feature in NeoOffice. Fortunately, the generous people at Karelia Software have developed the iMedia Browser and we have integrated their iMedia Browser into NeoOffice. Once you open the Media browser by clicking on the Show Media Browser toolbar button or selecting the Tools :: Add-ons :: Show Media Browser menu, a floating window will appear from which you can drag your images, movies, sound files, or links directly into a NeoOffice document.

Viele Mac OS X Nutzer finden Apples iLife Medien Übersicht sehr nützlich und wir haben viele Anfragen bekommen die gleiche Funktion in NeoOffice zu integrieren. Glücklicherweise haben die großzügigen Leute bei Karelia Software den iMedia Browser entwickelt und wir haben diesen iMedia Browser in NeoOffice integriert. Sobald Sie die Medien Übersicht öffnen indem Sie auf das Medien Übersicht Werkzeugleisten Symbol klicken oder den Extras :: Erweiterungen :: Zeige Medien Übersicht auswählen, erscheint ein schwebendes Fenster von dem Sie Ihre Fotos, Filme, Musikdateien oder Links direkt in ein NeoOffice Dokument ziehen können.

Here I was unsure whether to use the English "Media Browser" or the German "Medien Ãœbersicht" which Apple uses for its Media Browser. The Problem is that even if I translate "Media Browser", "iMedia Browser" will not be translated because it is an application name. So this might be a bit confusing to have both translated (Apple Media Browser) and untranslated (iMedia Browser) parts in one text. What do you think?

Code:
Native floating tool windows
Native schwebende Werkzeugfenster

In OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice, many floating tool windows such as the Styles and Formatting and the Color windows look and behave like document windows. Also, other floating tool windows such as the Bullets and Numbering and the Table windows look and behave like Windows floating tool windows. But in NeoOffice, all floating tool windows in NeoOffice will be native floating tool windows. This means that they will look and behave like floating tool windows in most other Mac OS X applications. They will have the small window titlebar, all of the floating tool windows will float above the document windows, and when NeoOffice is not the active application, all of the floating tool windows will automatically be hidden until NeoOffice becomes the active application again.

In OpenOffice.org und LibreOffice verhalten sich viele schwebende Werkzeugfenster wie die Format und die Farben Fenster wie Dokumenten Fenster. Ebenfalls verhalten sich und sehen andere schwebende Werkzeugfenster wie die Bullet, Numbering und die Table Fenster so aus wie Windows schwebende Werkzeugfenster. In NeoOffice jedoch, sind alle schwebende Werkzeugfenster native schwebende Werkzeugfenster. Das heißt, dass sie sich wie schwebende Werkzeugfenster in den meisten anderen Mac OS X Programmen verhalten. Sie haben eine kleine Fenster Titelleiste, alle schwebenden Werkzeugfenster schweben über dem Dokumentfenster und wenn NeoOffice nicht das aktive Programm ist, verbergen sich alle schwebenden Werkzeugfenster automatisch, bis NeoOffice wieder das aktive Programm wird.

Here I was unsure how to translate "floating tool windows", I know "floating toolbars" and their German translation, but I am not so sure about floating tool windows.

Code:
Menus available when no documents are open
Verfügbare Menüs wenn keine Dokumente geöffnet sind

OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice have only a very minimal set of menu items available if no documents were open. But in NeoOffice, menus are available even when no documents are open. This feature allows users to access some of the frequently used menus such as the Recent Documents and NeoOffice Help menu items that previously were not accessible unless you opened a document first.

OpenOffice.org und LibreOffice haben nur eine minimale Auswahl an Menüs verfügbar wenn keine Dokumente geöffnet sind. In NeoOffice jedoch sind Menüs auch verfügbar wenn keine Dokumente geöffnet sind. Diese Funktion ermöglicht es Nutzern einige häufig genutzte Menüs wie das Zuletzt benutzte Dokumente Menü und die NeoOffice Hilfe Menü Einträge zu nutzen die vorher nicht verfügbar waren sofern nicht zuerst ein Dokument geöffnet wurde.

Code:
Import images from scanners and cameras
Bilder von Scannern und Kameras importieren

A menu - Tools :: Add-ons :: Paste Image from Camera or Scanner - has been added. Selecting this menu allows you to directly import images into NeoOffice from any device (such as digital cameras or scanners) that Apple's Image Capture application supports. If you have any devices attached to your machine that Image Capture recognizes, selecting this menu will display the Mac OS X Image Capture dialog. Using this dialog, you can import an image from any of the recognized devices into your current document. In addition, the imported image will also be copied to the system clipboard so that you can paste additional copies of the imported image in NeoOffice or any other application.

Ein "Extras :: Add-Ons :: Bild von Kamera oder Scanner einfügen" Menü wurde hinzugefügt. Das Auswählen von diesem Menü ermöglicht es Ihnen Bilder direkt von jedem Gerät, das Apples Digitale Bilder Programm unterstützt (wie Digitalkameras oder Scanner), in NeoOffice zu importieren. Wenn Sie irgendwelche Geräte an Ihren Computer angeschlossen haben die Digitale Bilder erkennt, wird das Auswählen dieses Menüs das Mac OS X Digitale Bilder Dialogfenster zeigen. Mit diesem Dialogfenster können Sie ein Bild von jedem der unterstützten Geräte in Ihr derzeitiges Dokument importieren. Zusätzlich wird das importierte Bild in die Zwischenablage kopiert, sodass Sie weitere Kopien des importierten Bildes in NeoOffice oder jedes andere Programm einfügen können.

The menu item "Extras :: Add-Ons :: Bild von einer Kamera oder einem Scanner einfügen" was quite long and I thought about leaving out the noun markers to shorten it a bit. It now goes like this: "Extras :: Add-Ons :: Bild von Kamera oder Scanner einfügen". I am not sure about the convention of using noun markers in menu items. But I think they are mostly left out.

Code:
Command-clicking on window titlebar
Befehl-Klicken auf die Fenster Titelleiste

In most Mac OS X applications, whenever a previously saved document is opened, a small icon will appear in the window's titlebar. Command-clicking on this icon will display a popup menu that lists the file name and the folders that the file is in. Clicking on any of these items will open the Finder.

In den meisten Mac OS X Programmen erscheint, wann immer ein zuvor gesichertes Dokument geöffnet wird, ein kleines Symbol in der Fenster Titelleiste. Ein Befehl-Klick auf dieses Symbol öffnet ein Popup-Menü, das den Dateinamen und die Ordner zeigt in dem die Datei liegt. Das Klicken auf irgendeines dieser Objekte wird den Finder öffnen.

Mac OS X grammar checking support
Mac OS X Unterstützung für Grammatik Prüfung

In Mac OS X 10.5.x, Apple added grammar checking support for a small number of languages. NeoOffice takes advantage of this Mac OS X feature and so we have added several menu items in the Tools :: Add-ons menu. These menu items allow you to use Mac OS X Leopard's grammar checker to check the grammar and recommend corrections for your document's selected text or your entire document. Please note that at this time, Mac OS X's grammar checker only supports English.

In Mac OS X 10.5.x hat Apple eine Prüfung der Grammatik für eine kleine Anzahl von Sprachen hinzugefügt. NeoOffice nutzt diese Funktion und so haben wir einige Menü Objekte in dem Extras :: Add-Ons Menü hinzugefügt. Diese Menü Objekte erlauben es Ihnen den Grammatik Prüfer von Mac OS X Leopard zu nutzen um die Grammatik zu prüfen und Korrekturen für den ausgewählten Text Ihres Dokuments oder das gesamte Dokument vorzuschlagen. Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Mac OS X Leopard Grammatik Prüfung zur Zeit nur Englisch unterstützt.

Martin
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for the translations. I have posted your translations to the website and copied all of your new menu translations into the NeoOffice code so that your latest translations will appear in the next NeoOffice verison that we release.

mweil wrote:
Here I was unsure whether to use the English "Media Browser" or the German "Medien Ãœbersicht" which Apple uses for its Media Browser. The Problem is that even if I translate "Media Browser", "iMedia Browser" will not be translated because it is an application name. So this might be a bit confusing to have both translated (Apple Media Browser) and untranslated (iMedia Browser) parts in one text. What do you think?

I think your translation is a good compromise given that Karelia's software that we modified is named "iMedia Browser" and their product name is similar to, but still different, from Apple's iLife product.

mweil wrote:
Here I was unsure how to translate "floating tool windows", I know "floating toolbars" and their German translation, but I am not so sure about floating tool windows.

"Floating tool windows" is not a very clear description in English either. I admit that that term was the best I could come up with when I was trying to describe that feature.

mweil wrote:
The menu item "Extras :: Add-Ons :: Bild von einer Kamera oder einem Scanner einfügen" was quite long and I thought about leaving out the noun markers to shorten it a bit. It now goes like this: "Extras :: Add-Ons :: Bild von Kamera oder Scanner einfügen". I am not sure about the convention of using noun markers in menu items. But I think they are mostly left out.

No problem. I have updated the menu item translation in the NeoOffice code. Note that I also saw that you updated the Extras :: Add-Ons :: Open Media Browser translation in your post so I also copied that updated translation into the NeoOffice code.

Let me know if I missed any other menu item translation updates as I only saw those two updates.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
mweil wrote:

"Floating tool windows" is not a very clear description in English either. I admit that that term was the best I could come up with when I was trying to describe that feature.

The technical term in Cocoa is "panel", and these windows are also commonly called "palettes" for some reason, but these aren't any better as descriptive names for average users, either; Patrick's "floating tool windows" seems to be the least confusing/most descriptive of all the options Wink

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4