Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Cannot upload to NeoOffice Mobile account
Cannot upload to NeoOffice Mobile account

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tubflossie
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Cannot upload to NeoOffice Mobile account

Hello,
I am unable to upload files to my account. I tried first a 36 mb text file. The saving/uploading screen came up, but nothing happened in about 30 minutes. Then tried a 7 mb file with the same result. I have a donor account. Is this a temporary server problem, or something else?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Can you export both of your files as PDF files using the File :: Export as PDF menu and tell us how big the PDF files?

I ask this because unlike simple remote file storage services, NeoOffice Mobile was designed to make files easy to read on a mobile device. Since most mobile devices cannot easily open and display NeoOffice, OpenOffice.org, or Microsoft Office files, when you upload a file into NeoOffice you are really uploading 4 files:

1. A copy in NeoOffice's format
2. A copy in Microsoft Office format
3. A copy in PDF format
4. A copy in HTML format

Since PDF and HTML can be much larger in size than your original document, you can easily end up uploading 5 to 8 times the number of bytes than in your original file.

Patrick
tubflossie
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject:

Hello,
both files were 3.6 MB when I exported as .pdf (The larger .odf file contained several versions)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject:

OK. 3.6 MB is definitely well below the server's upload size limits but just in case I made the server's maximum file upload size settings twice as high as before.

So, can you try uploading the 7 MB file again and while it is uploading, can you launch the /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor application and after 5 minutes, obtain a sample of the NeoOffice application using the steps in this NeoWiki article?

One you have a sample of the NeoOffice application, can you attach the sample output file in your reply? The sample output file will hopefully tell us where in the NeoOffice code the upload is failing.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1